Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
can you reverse the cooler? I think that fan under the VRM are more useful than memory

No-go with a 12mm fan, the radiator goes all the way over the back io and many of the connectors there are higher than 28mm...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Looks like an all AMD build might be possible in the LZ7...!

Looking at you, Ryzen R7 1700 CPU & RX Vega Nano GPU...!!

Just might make for a nice gaming rig, a nice workstation rig, & a nice Hackintosh rig...!!!

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ting-glance-of-the-vega-nano.2860/#post-57415

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Also received updated I/O PCB's with shorter cables:

And here is the first case I've put together made entirely from in house laser cut parts:

Cool beans on the shorter 'front' panel cables; a must for SFF builds...!

Perchance that the Prolimatech PRO-USV14 chassis fan is included with the kit...?

That would really make it a complete chassis kit...!

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
Hi,

I've watched a review on youtube for this case and it gave me a overall impression of its sizes and I've gotta admit, that after searching for a long time for a case to like, this one looks really good in terms of size and thermal/acoustic performace. However, from that video with the vent on/off I did not manage to really undestand if it's silent or not...
I plan to build a system with a intel CPU at 65W TDP, probably a i7 7700 or a new Coffelake 6 core cpu and a geforce 1050ti/1060 + a M2 drive. What vents are recommended for the CPU and case to keep things cool and quiet? Is the care quiet or not? I do understand that under load it is a bit noisy, but how about on normal usage? I mostly do software development.

Reactions: K888D

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
My understanding is that the case is incredibly quiet if your parts maintain a reasonable TDP, with 65 watts being fine. Certain fan grills are quieter than others but it's an aesthetic choice as well.

Jamie55

Case Bender
Jul 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but can we get an idea of the number of cases that are being produced? I would really like to purchase one of these and it would be a shame if the stock runs out before I can buy one.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The chassis creator is also the panel manufacturer (see previous posts in this thread regarding the laser cutter), and the corner pieces are ordered from ShapeWays (???) as an "on demand" item...?

So that is two of the main components being produced as needed, the remaining variables are the 'front panel' connectors & (depending on how the customer specs out their LZ7) the fan guard(s)...

I believe this chassis will be available as long as there are customers with a desire to order it...!

Reactions: Biowarejak

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
I watched the compatible coolers and there is nothing mentioned about AMD stock coolers. I wonder if Ryzen 5 included Wright Spire which from what I've found is ~55mm would be ok. I am waiting for 21 August to see the new CPUs from Intel but may just as well go with a mini-ITX ryzen system given R5 1600 has TDP of 65W.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Wraith Spire heights floating around on the internet are for the heat sink only, add another 25mm (?) for the fan...

So, unfortunately, the Wraith Spire cooler will not fit in the LZ7 chassis...

Best cooling solution might just be the Noctua NH-L12 with both included fans set aside & the NF-12x15 slim 120mm fan being used in the underneath position (set to pull), one would want to try to align the heat sink fins side-to-side rather than front-to-back; I believe this should be possible with low profile RAM such as the Corsair Vengeance LPX DIMMs...?

Reactions: alinescoo

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
That Noctua is quite expensive. I am trying to make a config so I can compare it with a prebuilt system and see the price diff.

What would be the recommendations for a 65W CPU, both for CPU and Case so it would be a good balance in terms of price and performance/noise. I plan to get a 1060mini or 1050ti...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Noctua NH-L9a or Cryorig C7 are two of the more popular HSFs for SFF builds that have limited CPU cooler clearance...

Cryorig is supposed to be coming out with an all copper version of the C7 sometime here...

Another contender could be the DAN HSLP-48 heat sink, which is currently in development...

For a 65w CPU, my choice would be the Ryzen R7 1700...

As to a chassis, we ARE in the LZ7 thread, so...

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
Thank you @Boil, that noctua is around the same price as cryorig so probably I'll pick noctua. When I asked about the case, I did not ask what case to choose but what cooler for the case. From what I've read previously, the case does not come with a fan included. What would be a good recommendation for case fan?

I can't really go with AMD because android emulator only works with HAXM and I kind of need a intel CPU mainly for this reason. I'll wait until 21 to see what Intel has to offer. Maybe a 6 core i5.. I doubt that i7 will fit in 65W and 6+6core... but who knows.

Is Corsair SF450 80+ Gold a good choice for this case?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Thank you @Boil, that noctua is around the same price as cryorig so probably I'll pick noctua. When I asked about the case, I did not ask what case to choose but what cooler for the case. From what I've read previously, the case does not come with a fan included. What would be a good recommendation for case fan?

I can't really go with AMD because android emulator only works with HAXM and I kind of need a intel CPU mainly for this reason. I'll wait until 21 to see what Intel has to offer. Maybe a 6 core i5.. I doubt that i7 will fit in 65W and 6+6core... but who knows.

Is Corsair SF450 80+ Gold a good choice for this case?

Chassis Fan - Prolimatech PRO-USV14 140mm x 15mm PWM fan

Coffee Lake i7-8700 (NON-K model) would be worth wating for if Ryzen is a no-go...

Core i7-8700 - 6C/12T @ 4.3 / 4.3 / 4.5 / 4.6 GHz (65W)

SF450 should be fine for a 65 watt CPU & up to a GTX 1070 GPU...