Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Pretty cool...!

Now, does this mean the website is updated with all the details of the newest revision...?!? ;^p

The website needs updating, its on my list to sort out and will be done before launch!

so whats the price range?

Prices havent been confirmed yet and I can't speak on behalf of Overclockers UK, but they will be higher than previously mentioned in order for this to be worthwhile for both parties.

In return for this you will get much more customisation than would have previously been possible, including more materials, colours and design elements to pick from. As well as this you will get all the benefits that come from the case being stocked by a major online retailer setup for handling worldwide distribution and dedicated customer service.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
One one hand, this is incredibly exciting. But on the other I'm worried about how it's going to work out price wise, and how new cases will be launched, etc...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
... much more customization than would have previously been possible, including more materials, colors and design elements to pick from.

So, might this bode well for metal panels (and, possibly, machined metal corner pieces)...?!?

Can we have machined titanium corner pieces & carbon fiber panels...!?! ;^p

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
One one hand, this is incredibly exciting. But on the other I'm worried about how it's going to work out price wise, and how new cases will be launched, etc...

Even though the price is increasing it will still be priced competitively against other small volume indie cases/projects.

So, might this bode well for metal panels (and, possibly, machined metal corner pieces)...?!?

Can we have machined titanium corner pieces & carbon fiber panels...!?! ;^p

There are no plans for fully metal components at this stage sorry!

Carbon fiber is something that could be experimented with to see if it works with the laser cutting process, but I won't be looking into alternative materials like this until after the case has launched.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
I reckon you could provide a blank template for folks to go an have custom panels with custom design fan opening/cutouts so on that they could have a local place of their choice to make the panels out of other materials.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I reckon you could provide a blank template for folks to go an have custom panels with custom design fan opening/cutouts so on that they could have a local place of their choice to make the panels out of other materials.
I mean, he could. But how does that profit? It would also probably be quite expensive to have one-off versions made by the consumer. I'd leave that to the modders who get their hands on one.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
I know call me crazy its something thats been a minor gripe when it comes to acrylic cases incase a panel is damaged. Have a old mountain mods bob slay with a few cracked panels an the cost of a panel through them be likely the same as having a machineshop make me one with a template x.x

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I think providing the files for the panels would be a no go; I am sure K888D is doing this as a business venture, not an open source chassis...

Purchase a chassis, then you have your templates for personal use...

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I think providing the files for the panels would be a no go; I am sure K888D is doing this as a business venture, not an open source chassis...

Purchase a chassis, then you have your templates for personal use...
Pretty much what I meant :)

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Hopefully the availability of the new & improved LZ7 in/after August will line up with availability of a RX Vega Nano GPU...?!?

Come on Wednesday, give us some solid info on same...!

Reactions: Biowarejak

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I know call me crazy its something thats been a minor gripe when it comes to acrylic cases incase a panel is damaged. Have a old mountain mods bob slay with a few cracked panels an the cost of a panel through them be likely the same as having a machineshop make me one with a template x.x
I'm the only one who has broken the case, and I only managed that by dropping one of the side panels. Once assembled the case is very sturdy.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Finally completed my build properly! Looks quite awesome.

Pro-tip: The open-cutout sidepanel is NOT perfectly symmetric, so if you want to route cables below the fan, make sure to turn the panel around to make the fan sit a little higher.

Nice build! The white fan looks good, your gallery title calls it a Thermaltake, is it not a Prolimatech?

Good point about the fan not sitting central on the height, the reason behind this was so that the bottom edge of the fan actually sits below the motherboard edge so it blows cool air under the motherboard which helps with cooling rear mounted M.2 drives.

Regarding your PSU, how come you chose to flip it so the fan is pointing downward?

Reactions: Phuncz

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Nice build! The white fan looks good, your gallery title calls it a Thermaltake, is it not a Prolimatech?

Shit, you're right. Added that to the image description.

Good point about the fan not sitting central on the height, the reason behind this was so that the bottom edge of the fan actually sits below the motherboard edge so it blows cool air under the motherboard which helps with cooling rear mounted M.2 drives.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I think you even mentioned this in the beginning when concerns about rear mounted SSDs where raised.
But, because the I/O is symmetrical, it's a neat two-for-one feature to get cable routing space underneath the fan.

Regarding your PSU, how come you chose to flip it so the fan is pointing downward?

As I mentioned in the album, my screen is sitting on top of the case, so the PSU has to get air from inside. I posted this picture in the "What did you do today?" thread before:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
As I mentioned in the album, my screen is sitting on top of the case, so the PSU has to get air from inside. I posted this picture in the "What did you do today?" thread before:

Ha ha just read the comments on your imgur album about the sticker, I'll be honest it didn't click what you meant until you posted this image above, but now it makes total sense why you flipped the PSU!

Would you mind if I shared your setup photo on Social Media?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Ha ha just read the comments on your imgur album about the sticker, I'll be honest it didn't click what you meant until you posted this image above, but now it makes total sense why you flipped the PSU!

Yeah that was pretty hilarious.

Would you mind if I shared your setup photo on Social Media?

As long as I'm mentioned by username, that's cool with me :) Do you have an instagram account that I can follow?

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
Just for curiosity, is it possible to cut out this case to allow the installation of 210mm video cards? In the part where you have the air vents of the video card?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@K888D - Has it been confirmed yet as to whether the MSI GTX 1070 Aero ITX GPU will fit properly in the LZ7, and have proper clearance for the power connector...?!?

Reactions: Acalanata