Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I updated my build log.

dcaparros

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
I have read all the conversation from this topic and I'm love with this case, I have a itx build with a cooler master elite 110 and I'm really thinking about making a build with this case...

One thing that I would like is to have better support to water cooler AIO, I have a corsair H55 and I would have to retire it if I would use this case

Another thing, do this case have support for a 3.5" HD? I have a 4TB that I would like to maintain in my build (together with a normal SSD)

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I have read all the conversation from this topic and I'm love with this case, I have a itx build with a cooler master elite 110 and I'm really thinking about making a build with this case...

One thing that I would like is to have better support to water cooler AIO, I have a corsair H55 and I would have to retire it if I would use this case

Another thing, do this case have support for a 3.5" HD? I have a 4TB that I would like to maintain in my build (together with a normal SSD)
Thanks for the support and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately the LZ7 does not support 3.5" drives, they take up a massive amount of space and I just couldn't get them to fit without making some major compromises on the case design, its almost the same as trying to fit a second GPU in!

I don't have any plans to make any changes to the main structure or size of the LZ7, I am happy with its proportions and compatibility, it offers a nice compromise between size, airflow and power.

However, I have been working on a slightly larger case in the background, it will be along the same vein as the LZ7, hopefully measuring under 10 liters. It will support full length tall GPU's, 140mm AIO coolers when used with 2.5" drives, or 120mm AIO coolers when used with 3.5" HDD's. I may have something to show soon, but it won't be released probably until next year.

dcaparros

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
Yeah, you are completely right, the size of the LZ7 is unique and I don't think that we should sacrifice that for compability with larger HDs or AIO liquid coolers....

it's good to know that you are already planning a new case so people that need larger HD and AIO

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
@K888D Out of curiosity, is the larger revision the same general shape or did you go for a more monolithic form? :)

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Rumors of RX Vega ITX GPUs (via recent Reddit AMA w/ AMD)...!

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU looking nice @ $220 for 6 cores & 12 threads...!!

Looks like the LZ7 might be an all AMD ( Ryzen CPU / Vega GPU ) build...!!!

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Now someone will call me crazy but think there is a way to get this case in the noctua color scheme?? Noctua tan panels with that clay flesh color for the accent and switches?

Thinking about this with noctua release of their slim fan line

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Now someone will call me crazy but think there is a way to get this case in the noctua color scheme?? Noctua tan panels with that clay flesh color for the accent and switches?

Thinking about this with noctua release of their slim fan line
You could probably get close with the Acrylic, there are a few shades of brown and cream to choose from. The corner column materials however is only available in primary type colours such as black, white, red, blue, green, etc. No browns or cream unfortunately.

White would probably be closest.

I was hoping that Noctua were going to be announcing a 140mm slim fan as this woukd have been ideal for the LZ7, but sadly it was only the 120mm version.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Would probably have to go with white printed parts then dye and the panels could be painted I reckon or somehow print panels in sections and white then glue together and dye for the tan.

I think a 120 could work with a custom duct behind it or use a tower cooler and a external Psu with a dc-dc.

Heck if you went that route could have a gpu panel with a noctua logo cutout

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
I registered in this forum only to post on this topic: congratulations for the excellent work, LAZER3D! I'm TOTALLY excited to get an LZ7.

I have two questions to ask:

1st: When will you return the sales, until August?
2nd: Do you send this case to other countries? (I live in Brazil) What post office do you use?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I've been promising this for a while and I apologise for the delay:

Lazer3D are proud to announce that the LZ7 Mini-ITX Gaming Case will soon be available to order through Overclockers UK, one of the UK's largest online retailers of enthusiast PC hardware.​

Availability is expected from August 2017 with a large selection of customisation options and accessories to choose from, all stocked and ready for immediate worldwide dispatch.

The next few months is going to be a mix of hard work and excitement as we prepare for launch, more details and updates will be posted as they become available.

In the meantime if you have any questions please fire away, I will do my best to answer them! I would also like to thank you all for the continued support helping to make this possible.