Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2017
Case just arrived. :)

Last edited:

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
I'm down for making adapters and such.

There is a built in C6. Once I finish the rollout of this case and the plat, I'll be working on bits and pieces like that. An SFX to HDPLEX 400 adapter. The 400 DCATX can be double sided table to the front and use Josh's Skywires.

Is this chassis going to be a limited run, or something you plan to stock in the store regularly? In a month or so I want to pick up another XL to do some heavy modding to. 120mm front fan grill cut in, AIO, full chassis painting, larger RGB power button, etc. Don't want to mess up my original one. ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Is this chassis going to be a limited run, or something you plan to stock in the store regularly? In a month or so I want to pick up another XL to do some heavy modding to. 120mm front fan grill cut in, AIO, full chassis painting, larger RGB power button, etc. Don't want to mess up my original one. ?

It'll be stocked regularly. I made a small batch, so there is plenty to go around for a while. I'm not popular enough to sell out in like 2 weeks like NCase M1 :D.

Batch #2 will depend on a couple things.

Reactions: Brude27 and maxdfw

reasons4reasons

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2017
Quick question: how firm is the 175 mm GPU length limit? There are those OEM RX 580s floating around out there that are supposed to be 178 mm, and I'm wondering if I could squeeze one in.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Quick question: how firm is the 175 mm GPU length limit? There are those OEM RX 580s floating around out there that are supposed to be 178 mm, and I'm wondering if I could squeeze one in.

Not 100% firm. The way the bends are, you can bend the rear panel outward a bit, and squeeze it in. The 175mm length is the "reasonable to get in there" length.

Max length it can theoretically fit is actually 184mm with some squeeze and ninja magic.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
I was wondering if the bracket you were talking about that helps holding the GPU while the case is in standing position is now included in the package?

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Did some modding on the case today. I was about to use a 120mm radiator grill to cut a hole in the front of the case and put a Noctua NF-A12x15 in, but I decided to give this a try first.

I wanted the 92mm side fan I was using centered, and also wanted to stiffen the chassis at the top so I don't have to press the back panel inward when screwing on the outer shell (It tends to bow out a bit), so I cut a piece of flat aluminum and drilled holes that use the stock 92mm fan holes on each side.I then centered and drilled holes for the 92mm fan. (Will be adding holes for an NF-A12x15 as well) It worked out perfectly, aligning the case holes with the outer shell without squeezing the case, and made for better airflow in my current setup. I'll be painting the bar black before I reassemble the case.

(and side note, I was using a 92mm rear exhaust fan using the case's stock holes in the back, but putting fan screws through them tore up the anodization and I didn't like how that looked, so I didn't want to mount the 92mm fan directly to the outer shell. That would have also been a pain for connecting and managing the fan's power cable)

Last edited:

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Dont know how to delete this double post. No idea what's going on with the site right now.

Last edited:

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Did some modding on the case today. I was about to use a 120mm radiator grill to cut a hole in the front of the case and put a Noctua NF-A12x15 in, but I decided to give this a try first.

I wanted the 92mm side fan I was using centered, and also wanted to stiffen the chassis at the top so I don't have to press the back panel inward when screwing on the outer shell (It tends to bow out a bit), so I cut a piece of flat aluminum and drilled holes that use the stock 92mm fan holes on each side.I then centered and drilled holes for the 92mm fan. (Will be adding holes for an NF-A12x15 as well) It worked out perfectly, aligning the case holes with the outer shell without squeezing the case, and made for better airflow in my current setup. I'll be painting the bar black before I reassemble the case.

(and side note, I was using a 92mm rear exhaust fan using the case's stock holes in the back, but putting fan screws through them tore up the anodization and I didn't like how that looked, so I didn't want to mount the 92mm fan directly to the outer shell. That would have also been a pain for connecting and managing the fan's power cable)

I really like the look and feel of that mod! why not using two fans instead of centering this one though?

Reactions: maxdfw

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
I wanted to mention I did not order the case unfortunately. I mean it IS amazing, but I realized the PC-Q21 I already had has almost the same size and layout and doesn't look half bad either being a Lian-Li! I simply modded it for airflow (added 2 fan spots at the top) and I'm just waiting for a 180 degree adapter for my GPU's power cable to fit inside the limits of the case lol

Reactions: maxdfw

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
I wanted to mention I did not order the case unfortunately. I mean it IS amazing, but I realized the PC-Q21 I already had has almost the same size and layout and doesn't look half bad either being a Lian-Li! I simply modded it for airflow (added 2 fan spots at the top) and I'm just waiting for a 180 degree adapter for my GPU's power cable to fit inside the limits of the case lol

haha small world, now I realize who you are on Reddit. I’ll be posting my PC-Q21 mod there soon! ?

Reactions: princess_daphie

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
I really like the look and feel of that mod! why not using two fans instead of centering this one though?

Thanks! I’m addicted case modding, even if it’s this beautiful $150 unit. I had the two fans at first, then went to this single fan. I was having some weird air turbulence noise in the stock setup and it didn’t really direct airflow where I needed. I’m using the L9x65 which has a massive amount of through-fin airflow directed at this current fan. Been having some issues with my chipset and M.2 on my current motherboard and this would aid in blowing directly though the heatsink to the chipset and M.2.

Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
haha small world, now I realize who you are on Reddit. I’ll be posting my PC-Q21 mod there soon! ?

oh dear, so we'd have been talking on reddit as well? loll i'm not difficult to correlate since i use the same username hahaha! so you have a pc-q21 AS WELL?! i debated getting this one here, but it comes out sooooooooo expensive for me in canadian rupees that i never did it, and then realized i have the pc-q21, it wil have to do! at least now it's not an atomic oven anymore!

Thanks! I’m addicted case modding, even if it’s this beautiful $150 unit. I had the two fans at first, then went to this single fan. I was having some weird air turbulence noise in the stock setup and it didn’t really direct airflow where I needed. I’m using the L9x65 which has a massive amount of through-fin airflow directed at this current fan. Been having some issues with my chipset and M.2 on my current motherboard and this would aid in blowing directly though the heatsink to the chipset and M.2.

ahh, those are good reasons for wanting to find alternatives! in my case, i have weirdly high temperatures all over my build, even if i manage good ventilation. i'm cursed, lol

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
I finally found the perfect, silent setup in this case for me personally. Removed my GPU shroud and fan, added a slim NF-A12x15 on the side. Somehow this dropped not only my GPU temp, but the NVME and chipset temps on my MSI B450i. The best part is its nearly silent!

Last edited:

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
@maxdfw Got any more pictures of the setup now?

Not much to see inside since it's currently a cable management nightmare with an extension from the fan on the GPU side, a 4 pin - 8 pin EPS adapter extension for my pico PSU and the mustard colored cables for the rear power connector.

Using it in the same layout as my avatar here, with a Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, Ryzen 2600 and the de-shrouded MSI GTX1650. I have a lot more pictures of the inside of it on previous pages.