Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Hey all, I thought I would share with you how I used my Nati ITX tray kit. I don't mean to hijack the thread so I'll hold off giving lengthy descriptions...

The kit was nice to work with, and I'm really happy with how it worked out! :)

EDIT: I updated the album on imgur, why isn't it updating here?

Last edited:

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks!

I am located in Finland, currently I sell for:
49€ with european economy shipping
59USD with worldwide economy shipping
Current stock is 7kits, lead time 10-14days
Paypal or european SEPA bank trasfer accepted.

I will make a "for sale" ad later, this thread is for support / info

E: in ( )

Can I still buy one?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That's a clever use of the tray kit, @eggDK. Pictures #9 and #10 are especially what I'm looking to see, because I'd like a small PC case with the GPU in that orientation. Those are the only two pieces I really need.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
That's a clever use of the tray kit, @eggDK. Pictures #9 and #10 are especially what I'm looking to see, because I'd like a small PC case with the GPU in that orientation. Those are the only two pieces I really need.
Thanks :) My thought was to start like this, and later on build a fancy little box around it(mod corners and Laser cut wood). FYI: I used the ModDIY riser for this which is straight in both ends. If I wasn't such a cheap-ass I wish I'd gotten the Li-Heat type A instead..

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
New v1.337 rev2, all preorders are shipped in 2days time. :)

Test fitted some LI-HEAT PCI-E cables... :p
Great service and product from @yawacool
- Type and lenght in pictures / on paper

Proto fit "sandwich Towercube" in last picture:
25cm tall, 18cm deep, 13cm wide
5.85Ltr.. :cool: that sounds ok to me ????

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017

Cubo763

What's an ITX?
Nov 20, 2018
Hello, I know this is an sff forum hence the itx tray but you don’t make these in atx format also by any chance? I am looking for a configuration similar to the thermaltake core G3... it’s quite unique and compact. Thanks

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hello, I know this is an sff forum hence the itx tray but you don’t make these in atx format also by any chance? I am looking for a configuration similar to the thermaltake core G3... it’s quite unique and compact. Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

I do believe an ATX version was at least being considered, hopefully it happened :) and fwiw, there are plenty of ATX cases here that are considered SFF so that's nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Cubo763

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Hello, I know this is an sff forum hence the itx tray but you don’t make these in atx format also by any chance?

I do believe an ATX version was at least being considered, hopefully it happened

Yes, there are 5 prototypes of ATX and mATX trays made. And 2 of the testbench/case frames you see in video below

Go to 2:15 if you want to just see what I am talking about..

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
I really like this idea!

I am looking at ways that I could build a secondary ITX computer into the upper PSU mount of my giant Caselabs M8. is it possible to make this frame mount in a PSU location?

Would probably power it with an HDPlex OR Phanteks Revolt X and the GPU would most likely be lower powered( XX60 level) and have an M.2 GPU unless used for a NAS.

Honestly though, this would probably be something like the AMD 2200G or 2400G to keep the size down as much as possible with a good sized Heatsink to try and make it look like a second PSU.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
These are awesome!
Would you consider doing a model that is a motherboard mount combined with a 180mm Radiator mount?

I looked into this ages ago, but you can make a vertical stand for a 180x180mm radiator and fan, that has ITX standoffs on one side so you can mount a system off a 180mm rad with a compact loop all hooked up.. although never got very far thinking about GPU...

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
. is it possible to make this frame mount in a PSU location?

Would probably power it with an HDPlex OR Phanteks Revolt X and the GPU would most likely be lower powered( XX60 level) and have an M.2 GPU unless used for a NAS.

Honestly though, this would probably be something like the AMD 2200G or 2400G to keep the size down as much as possible with a good sized Heatsink to try and make it look like a second PSU.

I think it would be a bit bigger than ATX PSU, I have not thought of using it in ATX PSU location, but maybe sideways using the tray side mounting holes?

I have build one PC inside a 8-bit NES, with hdplex PSU, 8-core ryzen 1700 and low profile 1050ti
So it can be used in pretty small cases.
These are awesome!
Would you consider doing a model that is a motherboard mount combined with a 180mm Radiator mount?

I looked into this ages ago, but you can make a vertical stand for a 180x180mm radiator and fan, that has ITX standoffs on one side so you can mount a system off a 180mm rad with a compact loop all hooked up.. although never got very far thinking about GPU...

That could be interesting, allthough I am not sure do you mean only holder of parts on vertical stand (no case/sides etc.) Or would you want a tower case around The 180mm fan.

Maybe I could add 180mm holes to the kits on the tray edges?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I think it would be a bit bigger than ATX PSU, I have not thought of using it in ATX PSU location, but maybe sideways using the tray side mounting holes?

I have build one PC inside a 8-bit NES, with hdplex PSU, 8-core ryzen 1700 and low profile 1050ti
So it can be used in pretty small cases.

That could be interesting, allthough I am not sure do you mean only holder of parts on vertical stand (no case/sides etc.) Or would you want a tower case around The 180mm fan.

Maybe I could add 180mm holes to the kits on the tray edges?
No panels, literally like a stand.

In my mind it is an upside down T shape, with a bottom PSU mount, then a vertical spine with 180mm radiator mount on one side and an ITX motherboard mount on the other.

Only thing I can't figure out with this arrangement is where the GPU would go...