• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Hi there,

I had a dream of building a small case, but were having trouble deciding the layout design, so I designed a modular ITX tray kit with PCI-E frame that goes in vertical, horizontal and inverted horizontal position. :cool:

Then I kind of found my self in the deep end and started adding more and more options.. SFX PSU frame, ATX PSU frame with detachable SFX inner frame, rad mounts for 240mm rad. vesa100 option, SSD sliders..;)

Lasercut from 2mm aluminium.

Please be so kind and tell me what you think of this.

Here are few pictures:

Pic 2-5 from prototype others from production model.
E:bold text

Last edited:

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Very cool!

Where are you located? And how will you sell these?
Thanks!

I am located in Finland, currently I sell for:
59€ with european economy shipping
69USD with worldwide economy shipping

Paypal or european SEPA bank transfer accepted.

For sale here,
this thread is for support / info purposes.

Kit includes:
-ITX tray, motherboard standoffs installed
-PCI-E frame and horizontal brackets
-One PSU frame (ATX or SFX)
-Some small brackets for SSD etc.
-The multibracket (Can be used in one of these ways: 240rad mount as pictured(this option requires bending), 3,5HDD or VESA100 to CPU cutout as pictured, 120-140mm fan adapter, 3,5"HDD to 120/140mm fan (slot) bracket)
Screws currently supplied for PCI-E frame to ITX tray attachment and motherboard, when I get new bag of PSU/case screws, I pack those too.

E: info/price update

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks!

I am located in Finland, currently I sell for:
49€ with european economy shipping
59USD with worldwide economy shipping
Current stock is 7kits, lead time 10-14days
Paypal or european SEPA bank trasfer accepted.

I will make a "for sale" ad later, this thread is for support / info purposes.

Kit includes:
-ITX tray, motherboard standoffs installed
-PCI-E frame and horizontal brackets
-One PSU frame (ATX or SFX)
-Some small brackets for SSD etc.
-The multibracket (Can be used in one of these ways: 240rad mount as pictured, 3,5HDD or VESA100 to CPU cutout as pictured, 120-140mm fan adapter, 3,5"HDD to 120/140mm fan (slot) bracket)

Screws currently supplied for PCI-E frame to ITX tray attachment and motherboard, when I get new bag of PSU/case screws, I pack those too.

Very nice. Welcome to our board. It's cool that we have members all of the world.

I'd be interested if you strip it down to just a ITX tray + PCIe frame. Any way that is possible?

Reactions: Ceros_X

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Very nice. Welcome to our board. It's cool that we have members all of the world.

I'd be interested if you strip it down to just a ITX tray + PCIe frame. Any way that is possible?

Of course it is possible, I can do few sets of that type kits from previous prototype runs.( The cpu cutout is slightly smaller and no rad mount holes. Prototypes are in pictures 2-5 and 8.. also the ones in picture 9 with motherboard standoffs attached.. )

So the way you mount PCIe, would be the standard vertical way?

If you accept the prototype version with only vertical PCI-E frame, I can offer it:
29€ / EU economy shipping
39usd with worldwide economy shipping.
*Note, just few prototypes available, then current version only, but that can be done with no extra bits at 39€ EU / 49USD worldwide

Last edited:

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Wow very nice! Reasonably priced too.

Any chance you could take a clear pic of each individual part please?

Also will you provide CAD or sketchup files, so that we can virtually play around and try different combinations and explore our creativity :D

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Damn, where was this 8 months ago. I could have completed my Slim Machine XD

Do you think it is possible to make shorter GPU slot pieces for low profile GPUs?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Very cool! These would be great just to play around with , use for an open air build, test bench or as a nice starter so one could fab the rest of the enclosure out of wood, plex, steel, etc. Want to put a pc into an old VCR shell but worried about all the tricky cuts for the back of the case? Use this kit as the rear plate problem solved. Lots of potential.

Reactions: Phuncz

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I think it would just be cool if you could do just motherboard + horizontal gpu brackets (able to be mounted on either side of the CPU tray). In one piece only, if left/right not supported.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Amazing work, not many affordable Tray kits out there and especially not flexible mITX ones. If I didn't already have 5 cases for 3 PCs I would have ordered one.

Reactions: NATi

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
RealIy great design. I was indeed looking for such a tray kit few days ago to experiment with passive cooling.

I will purchase a complete kit as soon as it is available.

Reactions: NATi

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Any chance you could take a clear pic of each individual part please?

Also will you provide CAD or sketchup files, so that we can virtually play around and try different combinations and explore our creativity :D
Better pictures of each part and use description, ok, will be coming soon :)
It takes little time, but sketchup can be arranged. Thanks for the idea :thumb:
Do you think it is possible to make shorter GPU slot pieces for low profile GPUs?
This will be done soon, I have low profile 1050ti coming my way for this purpose..
Very cool! These would be great just to play around with , use for an open air build, test bench or as a nice starter so one could fab the rest of the enclosure out of wood, plex, steel, etc. Want to put a pc into an old VCR shell but worried about all the tricky cuts for the back of the case? Use this kit as the rear plate problem solved. Lots of potential.
Thanks, there actually was all my design goals and more listed :) Mainly the do your own enclosure part and mod into other enclosure.

I think it would just be cool if you could do just motherboard + horizontal gpu brackets (able to be mounted on either side of the CPU tray). In one piece only, if left/right not supported.
One piece tray, GPU slot horizontal in the way current kits support, I will make this in batches of minimum 5pcs if there is demand. But currently not available.
Is this possible for ATX Motherboards and 2PCIe slots only?
I have a mATX prototype with fixed PCI,
Accepts PSU frames on the IO surround as ITX kit. Plus on PCI end as pictured.
Some changes will be made before production. ATX will come with same style.

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Yes, CAD files would be very useful at this stage.

Regarding the various layout possibilities, the kit will allow such a configuration, from Orthrus project : two GPUs next to each on other, at the back of the mobo ?

https://postimg.cc/image/h04f4mcu7/

That layout is not possible without modifications to my kit, but could be made with 2x PCI-E frames and a diy frame/chassis.. But I think @LukeD has done great job with the Orthrus, looks well designed and made, so I personally would go with that. (Did I just shoot myself in the leg, best sales pitch ever: "buy the other guys stuff")

blackstar2e

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2017
Im looking for an ATX motherboard tray with vertical PCIe slots below the motherboard...
It should be as thin as possible

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
With one 12*12mm square tube used for connecting between the ITX tray and PCI-E frames, my kit would make it at 128mm..

After measuring IO area and my HD2900GT, I think that type of tray could be made at 100mm, but that would not leave a lot of room for the CPU cooler..

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar