• What is this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
First off, very cool project, I think this will lower the barrier for scratch-builds quite significantly. Even just purchasing some of these parts individually like the PCIe mount could be very useful for mods in general.

I have a mATX prototype with fixed PCI,
Accepts PSU frames on the IO surround as ITX kit. Plus on PCI end as pictured.
Some changes will be made before production. ATX will come with same style.

Any plans to allow the mATX tray to fit two of the same PCIe mount that the ITX version has? Together with a potential future low-profile bracket, that would significantly increase flexibility.

It might then also be possible to mount a single PCIe mount horizontally above the mATX board, similarly to the Thermaltake Core G3.

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2016
With the new HDPlex 300w AC-DC brick now available for preorder I'd love to see some pieces designed specifically for that and their DC-DC units.

I'd also like to see individual part sales instead of kits personally.

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Thanks for support!!

First off, very cool project, I think this will lower the barrier for scratch-builds quite significantly. Even just purchasing some of these parts individually like the PCIe mount could be very useful for mods in general.

Any plans to allow the mATX tray to fit two of the same PCIe mount that the ITX version has? Together with a potential future low-profile bracket, that would significantly increase flexibility.

It might then also be possible to mount a single PCIe mount horizontally above the mATX board, similarly to the Thermaltake Core G3.

The connection between the 2 PCI frames is under development (the mATX / ATX tray with similar modular PCI as ITX, that is not so easy, the ITX version PCI lower corner connection place interferes with ATX board, so it needs a different style of attachment->different style PCI frame..)
-But as soon as I sort it out, it will become available :thumb:

I will have the low profile bracket soon.
The mATX/ATX modular PCI will come with all in one, 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 slot option if i can make it easy to shorten... if not, then single, dual, triple...

With the new HDPlex 300w AC-DC brick now available for preorder I'd love to see some pieces designed specifically for that and their DC-DC units.

I'd also like to see individual part sales instead of kits personally.

I have the hdplex 300w DC-DC unit here, it fits atleast 4ways.. I hope I have time to show off my sample assemblies this week.. I am waiting for a low profile GPU to get a realistic mini assembly..

The demand seems high, so I hereby promise that ALL parts will become available as single items, but first I have to get my new prototypes out for testing :cool:

- PM if you need something before that.

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2016
Thanks for support!!
I have the hdplex 300w DC-DC unit here, it fits atleast 4ways.. I hope I have time to show off my sample assemblies this week.. I am waiting for a low profile GPU to get a realistic mini assembly..

The demand seems high, so I hereby promise that ALL parts will become available as single items, but first I have to get my new prototypes out for testing :cool:

- PM if you need something before that.

Oh, awesome! Looking forward to those sample assemblies.

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
I really like the idea. What's the price with national delivery, for instance S-sized package via pakettiautomaatti?

Last edited:

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
I really like the idea. What's the price with national delivery, for instance S-sized package via pakettiautomaatti?

Current stock of ITX tray kits (full option) are on sale:
39€ + postage to Finland 5,90€ = 44,90€

e:underlined

Last edited:

vhearts

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 24, 2017
As per this picture, is it possible to mount a GPU and PSU to the right/left of this in order to have a whole computer setup mounted behind a monitor? Would there be weight concerns or orientation issues?

Reactions: yawacool

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
As per this picture, is it possible to mount a GPU and PSU to the right/left of this in order to have a whole computer setup mounted behind a monitor? Would there be weight concerns or orientation issues?

Yes, you can put a whole pc like this.

SFX psu to the left side and GPU to right side, orientation of GPU should be parallel to the display, fan facing either towards display or better, fan facing out from display for fresh air intake.

The vesa mount and tray connection needs a special nut/bolt for low profile setup and not interfere with motherboard. These I cannot supply currently.

This is type of setup is mainly for picopsu and integrated/low profile graphics. I have not tested the weight Limit. But I also remind that my tray is meant to be a easy base to build your own frame and case to, so additional parts and fabrication are required to make a functional pc case.

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
The low profile PCI bracket is here!

As can be expected, it fits all the same ways, as the normal size PCI bracket..
Vertical, horizontal, inverted horizontal and other?

Aww so cute!
still no GPU here for sample assembly :(

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
How wide is the config you show in the second image? The all flat SFX + horizontal GPU config.

Does the GPUs slotcover, conflict with the motherboard if you install it with the cooler facing down?
The little extension on the slotcover, that normally goes into the slot of the mainboard tray, is pretty long and I could imagine it colliding with the housing of the audio jacks?

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
How wide is the config you show in the second image? The all flat SFX + horizontal GPU config.

Does the GPUs slotcover, conflict with the motherboard if you install it with the cooler facing down?
The little extension on the slotcover, that normally goes into the slot of the mainboard tray, is pretty long and I could imagine it colliding with the housing of the audio jacks?
435mm with the bracket installed as in picture #2 (SFX PSU fits direct to IO-attachment holes, SFX bracket has precut guide for making it superslim (only the size of SFX PSU.. installed that way it is 423mm) )

If you look at all pictures, you see no colliding will happen with motherboard or IO opening area. See this picture:
(If cooler faces down as in picture, the T-bracket is between IO/GPU frames.. Designed to be used with 40mm 90degree angle riser AND 25mm extender) as on sample pictures.

Reactions: Biowarejak

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Which configuration is the best really depends on the shell you build around it, I think it's awesome that there are so many options!

Is there any way to mount it towards the front? That would reduce the length of the 24pin cable significantly.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I'd personally really like to see an iteration that allows the GPU to be seated parallel to the motherboard, such that it's above the CPU socket.

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Is there any way to mount it towards the front? That would reduce the length of the 24pin cable significantly.

I'd personally really like to see an iteration that allows the GPU to be seated parallel to the motherboard, such that it's above the CPU socket.

Thanks for comments!

I think @iFreilicht want it this way?
@Biowarejak : I first read you wanted it under cpu, so I made that sample here, but then read again and dig and old picture #3 ;)