Stalled [it didn't work] Nessy 3-Slot GPU SUPPORTS AIO 92-120-240mm GPU MATX-SFF 15,47 Liters

Would you be interested in acquiring?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Argofisto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
www.instagram.com
Hi everyone, my name is Argofisto and today I want to present a design that I have been working on for a while.

It consists of a 16.8-liter pc case with a lot of compatibility.​

The main objective is to create the smallest micro-atx case with a normal but vertical layout, obtaining the smallest footprint and improving the space on the desktop. The hair shedding effect on the top may not be attractive, but I've come up with a simple way to arrange the cables.​

Without further ado, let me introduce you to Nessy, it seemed like a good name to me. The compatibility it has is very wide, but the key is you, since you will be the one who adds components to the case.​

1. Nessy Dimensions

Height 356 mm - 362.35 mm (with feet)

Width 259mm - 277.345mm (with thumbnail screws)

Depth 170.186mm - 178.9mm (with cable management brackets)

Volume Clear 356 mm x 259 mm x 170,186 mm = 15.6918299 liters

Volume with Feet and Cable bracket 362.35 mm x 259 mm x 178.9 mm = 16.7895235 liters

Volume inside 354 mm x 250.902 mm x 166.686 mm = 14.8049352 liters

2. Motherboard

You can use Micro-ATX, Mini-DTX and Mini-ITX size motherboards.

3. CPU cooling

For cpu cooling, you can use both air and water cooling, if you opt for air cooling, the limit is 145mm high for a cooling tower, for example, you can use a Noctua NH-C14S, in push configuration -pull, no problem.​

In the case of using liquid cooling, you can use a 120mm one in one of the 3 available locations, or use the 240mm option, this is only available using SFX or SFX-L power supply.​

GPU

The compatibility is maximum, allowing the use of graphics cards with 1 to 3 slots, while the maximum length is 340 mm if the storage bracket is used, if it is removed the limit increases to 350 mm, and the thickness will only influence the How much storage you will use, but like I said, it's up to you.

4. Storage

The maximum storage capacity is detailed in the following table:

Storage Bracket

5. Power supply

This I think is one of the main features, since it allows the use of standard ATX power supplies, and through an adapter, the use of sfx or sfx-l power supplies.

6. Fans Configuration

Depending on the type of cooling you use, the maximum number of fans that you can place in the case is 6, two of 80 mm in the upper part and four of 120 mm in the structure of the case.

IMPORTANT: This is a render with the reference components that I used, motherboard m-atx, psu atx, 1xhdd 3.5 ", 2xssd 2.5" and a gpu 2.75 slot and 310 mm long: Link

So far with the specifications, let's move on to something else.

Now a couple of questions, for now I remain in doubt about the material that will give life to the case, for that I need a little help, currently the thickness of the structural parts of the case are defined by 1 mm thick steel and the aesthetic parts as the front panel is made of 1.5 mm thick aluminum, the estimated weight according to fusion 360 is ≈2.2 kilos. So I would appreciate advice or help regarding this item.

On the other hand, I would like to know if anyone would be interested in acquiring this case and if you could let me know.

I am looking for the place where I can make this case, so any suggestion is welcome.

If you have any questions or suggestions I will be attentive, thank you very much

Thank you very much for reading this far, I hope I can make my project come true and that it be recognized.

If you are interested, it would help me a lot if you fill out the form, thanks.
And this is my e-mail: argofisto@gmail.com

Nessy greets you.

Last edited:

Fletcheroo

Case Bender
New User
May 15, 2020
Yes bro this is awesome. I would absolutely love to have my hands on this and i will almost certainly buy it once it comes out. Awesome!

Argofisto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
www.instagram.com
Hello everyone, Argofisto here.

First I want to apologize for disappearing for so long, I was working to have the first prototype of our beloved Nessy.

In the gallery you can see different images of Nessy, the assembly and some flaws I had in the design.

Gallery : https://imgur.com/a/Z0oFICT

Dimensions

17 cm x 26cm x 35 cm= 15,47 liters ≈ 16 liters aprox.

Problems

- The length of the standoffs is wrong, I need to decrease them by at least 4 mm, or run part of the upper design by 3 mm.

- I need to change the location of the standoffs, at least 2 mm downwards to give space to the bracket of the graph.

- The assembly time of the case is long the first time, you have to start with the power source to route the cables and hide most of them, then the graphics card must be in place at the time of putting the motherboard inside the case since due to space, it is not possible to place it after the motherboard is installed.

- It may or may not be a mistake, but a non-modular atx source would be even better for this case, since using modular source increases its length, since the connectors are large instead of coming out of a single location .

- I may find more problems, but I will be able to update this in a few days.

On the other hand Nessy is alive and it is wonderful, the ability to store a complete M-ATX system and maintain good temperatures is incredible, during the day I will update these.

IDLE Temps

CPU C ° 30

GPU C ° 35

Stress Temps

I update later...

Specifications
CPURyzen 5 2600
CoolerSnowman MX6
MBMSI B450M PRO VDH- PLUS
RAM2 x Crucial Ballistix 8gb 2666MHZ (2993MHZ XMP)
GPUMSI R9 390 8GB
SSDKingston M.2 SATA 240 GB
PSUCougar CMX 550W Bronze
FANS2 x Deepcool RF120 120mm red-blue
If you are interested, it would help me a lot if you fill out the form, thanks.

https://forms.gle/bg4N3i9zN6MQqotA7

if you have any questions this is my email: argofisto@gmail.com

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
I love the Idea, I was looking for a nice and not expensive build with a small footprint. The point of mATX MoBos and ATX PSUs is that these are cheaper that the ITX counterparts. I'm so happy that I found this one, I was searching for a good case. Now is the PSU an 14cm ATX one or is it bigger? I guess its an 14cm one. To fit these without the pannel bend, is the only possebility to make the case thicker?

Reactions: Argofisto

Argofisto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
www.instagram.com
@
I love the Idea, I was looking for a nice and not expensive build with a small footprint. The point of mATX MoBos and ATX PSUs is that these are cheaper that the ITX counterparts. I'm so happy that I found this one, I was searching for a good case. Now is the PSU an 14cm ATX one or is it bigger? I guess its an 14cm one. To fit these without the pannel bend, is the only possebility to make the case thicker?
Hi man, the atx psu i use is a 160m long psu, a cougar cmx 550w Bronze.

jauris

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2021
Thanks man, for the moment I'm finishing correcting some things, while saving money to start production, which is getting a bit complicated for me
It's been some rough times this past year, can't blame ya. Love the design and I hope you can get it produced, even in small numbers. It's probably my favorite concept on here.

• Love

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
While I took a look at the pictures I noticed that there are only three PCIe Slot Covers. But I have seen may MoBos that are having a strange PCIe layout like Gigabyte often dose. So I think it would be a good idea to add a fourth, since a lot of Graphics Cards are 2 and up Slots thick. From the looks at mATX MoBos just having four PCIe Slots under the IO shield.
Would this interfiere with something or weaken the structural integrety of the case? Is this doable?

Argofisto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
www.instagram.com
While I took a look at the pictures I noticed that there are only three PCIe Slot Covers. But I have seen may MoBos that are having a strange PCIe layout like Gigabyte often dose. So I think it would be a good idea to add a fourth, since a lot of Graphics Cards are 2 and up Slots thick. From the looks at mATX MoBos just having four PCIe Slots under the IO shield.
Would this interfiere with something or weaken the structural integrety of the case? Is this doable?
The case has only three PCIe slots, because I use 25mm fan with bracket next to the gpu and a fourth slot, I would not let use a fan there, I know some matx mb use the second pcie for gpu, but for now, it is functional and the strength is good, and another point is the size, adding another groove adds more mm to the width of the box, and for now I'm trying to decrease the overall volume of the box. It would also limit the storage space (SSD-HDD).

Abhizit

Efficiency Noob
Jul 14, 2020
Hi, really sad to see some good work being stalled, i would like to know apart from funds, what exactly stalled the project, what compatibilities did you actually achieve and what was exactly didn't work. would love to help with suggestions with something you can do to make things work at lower budget.