Concept Introducing the Smol Big X1 (10L, 240mm AIO, 126mm aircooler, 297mm 2.5slot GPU) and the X1 (6.9L, 120mm aio, 126mm aircooler, 183mm 2.5slot gpu)!

Joonst

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 26, 2020
smolsff.com

Smol X1 and Big X1: Not just another sff case​

Hello everyone!

I'm very proud to introduce to you the Smol Big X1 and Smol X1. You might have seen the Smol X1 before, as I've posted it here before, and I'm very active on reddit too (u/SmolSFF). I just finished the design of the Big X1. It's just shy of 10L, 240mm aio, 126mm aircooler, 297mm, 2.5 slot gpu (3090 xc3 fits!), €109. Incredible compatibility list for it's size and price, in my opinion. That's why I designed it this way. The X1 is a 6.9L case, with huge cooling support! 120mm AIO's are no problem for both psu options, and you can install an aircooler up to 126mm. A gpu up to a 3060 TI is possible too, with the 183mm gpu length. It uses a sfx psu or flex atx psu, but the sfx psu supports aircoolers up to 48mm. The price is €99,95. More information about the Big X1 and X1 further in the post.

If you want to see more frequent updates, you could:
- Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/aM346qRX
- Follow our Instagram: SmolSFF
- Go to our website SmolSFF.com

On both cases I use the Kailh Choc White mechanical switch as a power button. I did this to add even more uniqueness to the cases. Both cases use a regular layout without a riser.

Smol Big X1:​

10l, 240mm AIO, 126mm aircooler, 297mm 2 slot gpu, €109,95. The Big X1 is meant for power users who need the absolute best components to be cooled effectively in the smallest size possible. The same style bracket is used here for the Radiator/fans as on the X1. Just like the X1, it has the same voronoi pattern on the sidepanel. It adds a unique look, but most importantly: Incredibly high airflow. We will be offering sidepanels with different patterns by the way. The bottom and top are almost completely open to get the best airflow possible. GPU vents on the backpanel have also been added to stop hot air from circulating around the GPU. There's room for one slim 120mm fan on top to help get hot air out or get fresh air in. We're close to ordering the first prototype, but first I hope to get some feedback from you guys. Let me know your suggestions!

Smol X1:​

6.9L, 120mm AIO, 126mm aircooler, 183mm 2.5 slot gpu, vertical layout (with the ports coming out of the back, like usual), €99,95. The X1 is meant for people who want a very compact, small footprint computer that has enough cooling for the extremely powerful cpu's like the 5950X, and enough room for a Graphics card capable of gaming competitively at 1440p. Of course you could also use a 5600X and RTX3060. Just like with the Big X1, I will be offering different sidepanels.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments!

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
As an owner of a prototype of the Smol X1, am very interested to see the final product of the X1 !

As for the big X1, with it being around 10L, does make it a compelling case. Asking for those that might not like voronoi patterns, would you be offering other designs in a more 'conventional' design?

Reactions: Joonst

Joonst

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 26, 2020
smolsff.com
As an owner of a prototype of the Smol X1, am very interested to see the final product of the X1 !

As for the big X1, with it being around 10L, does make it a compelling case. Asking for those that might not like voronoi patterns, would you be offering other designs in a more 'conventional' design?
Yes, I will make some with honeycomb and with the original prison bar pattern. Possibly more

Reactions: DrHudacris