Log Watercooled Cube X1 in Dark Grey - RTX3080 | R5 3600 | 240mm LT Solo

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks! Yeah it doesn't get much traffic, probably because its not one of the more commonly known ITX cases.

There was no comparison with noise compared to old pump with the DIYHK thing...that was absolutely terrible. The stock EK branded one is great, has heaps of flow..is quiet (relatively) at when its maxed out at 4500rpm....and is PWM so can be controlled on the quadro..

Disappointed that the board replacement ended up being a waste of time. Probably be hard to sell as well, who wants a loud whiney pump....

Last edited:

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2020
Thanks! Yeah it doesn't get much traffic, probably because its not one of the more commonly known ITX cases.

There was no comparison with noise compared to old pump with the DIYHK thing...that was absolutely terrible. The stock EK branded one is great, has heaps of flow..is quiet (relatively) at when its maxed out at 4500rpm....and is PWM so can be controlled on the quadro..

Disappointed that the board replacement ended up being a waste of time. Probably be hard to sell as well, who wants a loud whiney pump....

Something I did to my Aquanaut to squeeze a little more flow out of it was open up the discharge port, since its original design seemed a bit constrictive:

I used a rotary tool with a burr bit to create more of a circular port and have had a noticeable increase in flow.
It may not be as noticeable with the more powerful 3.2 but something to consider if you're looking to maximize the flow potential.

Reactions: Nouvolo and BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Something I did to my Aquanaut to squeeze a little more flow out of it was open up the discharge port, since its original design seemed a bit constrictive

I used a rotary tool with a burr bit to create more of a circular port and have had a noticeable increase in flow.
Nice mod!
Were you actually able to measure the flow increase?
If so maybe that's a modification that @Nouvolo could implement at the factory stage? 🤔

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2020
Nice mod!
Were you actually able to measure the flow increase?
If so maybe that's a modification that @Nouvolo could implement at the factory stage? 🤔

Afraid I don't have any raw data to contribute :(.

It felt like the biggest improvement was its ability to help the pump create a vacuum on the initial filling of the loop.