SFF.Network Innodisk booth at Computex 2017

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Give me some 8GB VLP DIMMs @ 3200/14 that work with Ryzen, then we are talking...!

That would allow one to use the Dan HSLP-48 with the new Noctua NF-A12x15 in the bottom position...

Reactions: Soul_Est

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Holy shit is that a low profile SODIMM, if any of you are on the IRC you know I need that shit.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
We're planning to hit their booth again today to see if non-ECC VLP is available. I'd also like to get prices if they'll give them to us. Might be worth brokering a bulk order with all of the people who want to tun the Dan HSLP-48 with a full 120mm fan.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Actually I found the Non-ECC model of the VLP DIMM, so I was remembering correctly.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
I just confirmed with one of them that there are non ECC vlp so dimm.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
We're planning to hit their booth again today to see if non-ECC VLP is available. I'd also like to get prices if they'll give them to us. Might be worth brokering a bulk order with all of the people who want to tun the Dan HSLP-48 with a full 120mm fan.
Yo Kmpkt, can you do me a huge favor and ask the rep if I can talk to him about acquiring a LP SODIMM for a case project? If not, can you try to swoop a price and ETA on availability? I really need this.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I was just at the booth (before I saw your post), but they will sell you existing products with no MOQ and they have LP non-ECC SODIMMs. I wasn't able to get a number on pricing, but will be talking to them about this in the future as I might see about crowdsourcing an order of VLP RAM with Samsung B-dies for AMD and Intel overclocking compatibility.

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
...crowdsourcing an order of VLP RAM with Samsung B-dies for AMD and Intel overclocking compatibility.

I can see the SFF package deal now; one (1) Dan HSLP-48 Cu heatsink, one (1) Noctua NF-A12x15 fan, & two (2) VLP DDR4 DIMMs...

Can we get options of either 16GB (2 @ 8GB) or 32 GB (2 @ 16GB) dual-channel kits, 3200 / 14 (speed / latency) would be sweet...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Consider me an Interested Party, but definitely find out about speed & latency; as I said earlier, 3200 / 14 would be ideal, especially if it was 'cleared' for use with Ryzen...!

Reactions: GentlemanShark

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
2666 is the highest speed they can offer, but you're obviously able to overclock it. They didn't have any information on timings out and unfortunately I forgot to ask. I asked about Samsung B-Dies and they said they can offer those, SK-Hynix or Micron as per order, but since my impression is that the Samsung works hands-down the best for Ryzen while working more or less just as well for Intel, I specifically asked about that. Please let me know if that information is wrong. Furthermore they said that they are willing to do a PCB colour other than green if we can get adequate numbers together for an MOQ. I'll get more information about this later.

I

Ionrent

Wow, it would be great to have more VLP DDR4 options, especially with a performance focus. I've been wondering why there's nothing like the old Ballistix VLP DDR3. Maybe most air coolers safely clear standard height DIMMs these days, so there's no demand anymore.

Reactions: GentlemanShark