SFF Network Innodisk booth at Computex 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Aibohphobia, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James
    Thread Starter Chimera Industries

Read more here.

Phuncz, EdZ, Soul_Est and 3 others like this.
  2. Boil

Boil King of Cable Management

Give me some 8GB VLP DIMMs @ 3200/14 that work with Ryzen, then we are talking...!

That would allow one to use the Dan HSLP-48 with the new Noctua NF-A12x15 in the bottom position...

Soul_Est likes this.
  3. GentlemanShark

GentlemanShark Asus RMA sucks
    Marsupial Computing

Holy shit is that a low profile SODIMM, if any of you are on the IRC you know I need that shit.

4. CubanLegend

CubanLegend Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man

So is any of that VLP DDR4 Kaby Lake compatible? I dont remember reading up on ECC, Buffered, unbuffered, etc.

5. GentlemanShark

Marsupial Computing

All of it should be.

CubanLegend likes this.
  6. CubanLegend

HOLY CRAP, isnt this that same brand that I linked to in some post last week about VLP DDR4? Arent their Dimms like only available for MASS orders?

I can't find these VLP DDR4's anywhere. I must have them!

7. |||

||| King of Cable Management

@Aibohphobia noted their rep said minimum order quantity was 1 in the article.

CubanLegend likes this.
  8. CubanLegend

Ayyyyy! Yesssss! I wonder what the price is for the VLP DDR4-2666 is?

9. Kmpkt

Kmpkt Innovation through Miniaturization
    KMPKT

We're planning to hit their booth again today to see if non-ECC VLP is available. I'd also like to get prices if they'll give them to us. Might be worth brokering a bulk order with all of the people who want to tun the Dan HSLP-48 with a full 120mm fan.

Soul_Est, CubanLegend and Boil like this.
  10. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James
    Thread Starter Chimera Industries

Actually I found the Non-ECC model of the VLP DIMM, so I was remembering correctly.

11. Aki

Aki Average Stuffer

I just confirmed with one of them that there are non ECC vlp so dimm.

12. GentlemanShark

Marsupial Computing

Yo Kmpkt, can you do me a huge favor and ask the rep if I can talk to him about acquiring a LP SODIMM for a case project? If not, can you try to swoop a price and ETA on availability? I really need this.

13. Kmpkt

KMPKT

I was just at the booth (before I saw your post), but they will sell you existing products with no MOQ and they have LP non-ECC SODIMMs. I wasn't able to get a number on pricing, but will be talking to them about this in the future as I might see about crowdsourcing an order of VLP RAM with Samsung B-dies for AMD and Intel overclocking compatibility.

Boil likes this.
  14. Boil

I can see the SFF package deal now; one (1) Dan HSLP-48 Cu heatsink, one (1) Noctua NF-A12x15 fan, & two (2) VLP DDR4 DIMMs...

Can we get options of either 16GB (2 @ 8GB) or 32 GB (2 @ 16GB) dual-channel kits, 3200 / 14 (speed / latency) would be sweet...

CubanLegend and GentlemanShark like this.
  15. chinevo

chinevo SFF Recordsman

I need VLP SODIMM too. Innodisk, take my money please :)

Therandomness and GentlemanShark like this.
  16. Kmpkt

KMPKT

When I am back in Canada, I might try getting a list of interested parties together

17. Boil

Consider me an Interested Party, but definitely find out about speed & latency; as I said earlier, 3200 / 14 would be ideal, especially if it was 'cleared' for use with Ryzen...!

GentlemanShark likes this.
  18. Kmpkt

KMPKT

2666 is the highest speed they can offer, but you're obviously able to overclock it. They didn't have any information on timings out and unfortunately I forgot to ask. I asked about Samsung B-Dies and they said they can offer those, SK-Hynix or Micron as per order, but since my impression is that the Samsung works hands-down the best for Ryzen while working more or less just as well for Intel, I specifically asked about that. Please let me know if that information is wrong. Furthermore they said that they are willing to do a PCB colour other than green if we can get adequate numbers together for an MOQ. I'll get more information about this later.

ceski and VegetableStu like this.
  19. GentlemanShark

Marsupial Computing

Great, I can't wait!

20. ceski

ceski Deleted account per user request.

Wow, it would be great to have more VLP DDR4 options, especially with a performance focus. I've been wondering why there's nothing like the old Ballistix VLP DDR3. Maybe most air coolers safely clear standard height DIMMs these days, so there's no demand anymore.

GentlemanShark likes this.