SFF.Network Innodisk booth at Computex 2017

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Guys, I found something interesting in InnoDisk cataloque. Much lower SODIMM DDR4 than 25mm.

288pin in description. I think it’s mistake.
ECC in description. I thinks it’s possible to order with non-ECC.
They offer both ECC and non as well as 2133 and 2400 MT/s, at least for mini SODIMMs.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I think it's considered a type of SODIMM, but it's definitely its own thing and not interchangeable with normal SODIMM.

I

Ionrent

Out of curiosity, I contacted one of the Innodisk US sales reps and asked about general availability. He indicated that they intend to release several types of VLP DDR4 DIMMs by Q4 (ECC, Non-ECC). I'm not sure if that's just their canned response to inquiries, but there you go.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Maybe I can convince them to do so on black PCBs. They might mean their 2666 MHz DIMMs since those are still technically in development.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I am interested in this (as I have stated already, here & elsewhere?), but I have a few concerns...

Primary concern, "Do I need these?" Test results for the Dan HSLP-48 will determine that...

Secondary concern, Ryzen compatibility & ability to overclock the RAM up to at least 3200, Ryzen has been shown to perform much better with higher clocked RAM...

So if #1 & #2 work out; I am down for a dual-channel set of 8GB 2666 DIMMS...

Maybe a set of 16GB DIMMs instead, depending on cost...

Would the 16GB DDR4 DIMMS come as a dual-channel set...?!?

Reactions: CubanLegend

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
I am interested in this (as I have stated already, here & elsewhere?), but I have a few concerns...

Primary concern, "Do I need these?" Test results for the Dan HSLP-48 will determine that...

Secondary concern, Ryzen compatibility & ability to overclock the RAM up to at least 3200, Ryzen has been shown to perform much better with higher clocked RAM...

So if #1 & #2 work out; I am down for a dual-channel set of 8GB 2666 DIMMS...

Maybe a set of 16GB DIMMs instead, depending on cost...

Would the 16GB DDR4 DIMMS come as a dual-channel set...?!?
I'm in the same set of concerns, waiting on Dan HSLP-48 results and fitment. And although it's NOT a dealbreaker for me, I'd like to be able to overclock the RAM as well.

I'd gladsly give up my 4000MHz of 2x8GB DDR4 if it meant the HSLP-48 would outperform my LP53. :D

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'm really curious to see how it compares to the LP53. The current comparison to the T318 isn't really a great gauge since it is apparently doesn't cool that well.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I've emailed but haven't received a reply about them yet.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Has anyone else had difficulty completing a purchase?

They responded quickly to my request for a quote with pricing. I responded to that saying I wished to make a purchase. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard anything back.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Yeah, I've been having issues with them, however they seem to be more lenient now. Would you like to try to make a purchase on your behalf as well? They might be more willing to fulfill all of our orders if we order more.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Yeah, I've been having issues with them, however they seem to be more lenient now. Would you like to try to make a purchase on your behalf as well? They might be more willing to fulfill all of our orders if we order more.

It's worth a shot, I was after two sticks of M4U0-AGS1WCSJ (DDR4-2400 VLP UDIMM 16GB). The quote I was given was $125 each.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
With respect to completing a purchase, I was enquiring about a bulk order of 100 units on black PCBs and they just fell off the face of the earth. Not a super effective sales department from what I can tell.