SFF.Network Innodisk booth at Computex 2017

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Oh you might want to do a bulk order? That could give us a lot of leverage. Yeah, their sales falls flat, but I'm used to bad CS. The sales guy I talked to allowed me to speak to someone higher up which greatly benefitted me.

I think we really hit it off and he definitely showed passion in his products. Luckily enough, he understood where I was coming from and gave me the contact info for his distributior in the US. If we can be valuable enough for their time, this would have a much higher chance of success.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I was trying to get them done with Samsung B-Dies and a black PCB thinking that there might be a reasonable demand for these with the new Dan HSLP-48 coming out. If they'd been better about communication, I was thinking of setting up a group buy if there was adequate interest.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Since it just came up in the NFC S4 thread that Innodisk will be releasing low profile dimms with Samsung IC, I just wanted to notify others that may follow this thread. I also wanted to ask if anyone else has successfully purchased any, since I am really interested in some, too.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
I received my Innodisk VLP DDR4-2666 memory today. The model number is M4U0-8GS1VCIK-B519 and it's available directly from Innodisk. These are 8GB, single rank, non-ECC, standard length DIMMS. They're using the extremely popular Samsung B-Die IC (specifically, K4A8G085WB-BCTD). However, these are unbinned and not intended for the enthusiast market, so don't expect amazing results. The sweet spot for this particular set is DDR4-3466 16-18-18-38-1N 1.35V and they perform great there. It's possible to run them up to DDR4-4133 but at timings so loose that the benefits become questionable. Also, unlike G.Skill or Corsair B-Die memory, these don't seem to respond to voltages above 1.35V. I'll post detailed timings and performance numbers later and I'll try to test them on my Ryzen system as well. So far, this looks like a solid option for VLP memory.

dang, they actually called me directly about my order last week and said they'd call me again... i wish i had heard back from them a second time. :(

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
I received my Innodisk VLP DDR4-2666 memory today. The model number is M4U0-8GS1VCIK-B519 and it's available directly from Innodisk. These are 8GB, single rank, non-ECC, standard length DIMMS. They're using the extremely popular Samsung B-Die IC (specifically, K4A8G085WB-BCTD). However, these are unbinned and not intended for the enthusiast market, so don't expect amazing results. The sweet spot for this particular set is DDR4-3466 16-18-18-38-1N 1.35V and they perform great there. It's possible to run them up to DDR4-4133 but at timings so loose that the benefits become questionable. Also, unlike G.Skill or Corsair B-Die memory, these don't seem to respond to voltages above 1.35V. I'll post detailed timings and performance numbers later and I'll try to test them on my Ryzen system as well. So far, this looks like a solid option for VLP memory.

Thanks for the feedback. What is the price per DIMM ?

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Okay, I tested the Innodisk memory against a G.Skill set at both stock and tuned settings. Crazy people that are interested can view all the subtimings in this spreadsheet. The Innodisk memory, when tuned, is comparable to "enthusiast" memory. Not bad. Properly tuned memory excels under CPU limited scenarios, but makes no difference when GPU limited. Not much of a surprise there. Here's a few benchmarks:

Anyone interested in a Ryzen memory comparison? The Innodisk memory works fine at stock settings, but I haven't tuned them yet.

Dang, the picture is gone. Could you reupload please @ceski ?

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
How does the actual order process from innodisk work? Is it not business to business only?
Check out my S4MC build thread, i have details on where i bought my innodisk kit, it was from a different distributor, and i overclocked the RAM wish @ceski's help too! Runs almost as fast as my original Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000 CL19 kit

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
How does the actual order process from innodisk work? Is it not business to business only?
There is currently some Innodisk VLP ECC (not buffered) on ebay from a British seller. Got myself two 16GB sticks and they are currently running on my Ryzen system. My sticks were both with Samsung b die and from the pictures they all seem to be, but I would ask the seller before ordering (just ask for pictures, there should be "5WB" on the third row of text on the IC). They are cheaper compared to when you buy directly from Innodisk, but I'm not sure about warranty. Also, I don't know the seller and I can't and won't vouch for him/her, so just search on ebay yourself.

Reactions: PantherB

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Actually bought two sticks from that seller two days ago, though they haven't arrived yet. Nice that they are b-dies!

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Well, here comes a little update. As written above I purchased two innodisk VLP ECC 16gb sticks, M4C0-AGS1TCSJ, specified at 2400MHz. As it turned out, they were dual rank Samsung B-Dies. After some tinkering on my ASRock B350 gaming itx I got the following timings and clocks:

3133MHz CL 16-15-15-15-35-52 @1,35V and 0,9625V SOC.

I decided not to push further because a) did not want to exceed 1,35V without heatspreader and b) huge difference in CPU Temps between SOC 1,1V and 0,9625V (72°C@2180rpm vs 66°C@2008rpm after 60min Prime Blend v29.5).

In combination with a R7 1800X UV&UC @3,4GHz -100mV I got the following in AIDA64 Extreme:
Read 48224
Write 48011
Copy 47274
Latency 80,8ns (are those bad latencies due to the clock speed of the cpu?)

Hope these values are of any interest, for me I guess not to bad when you bear in mind that these sticks are dual ranked.

Greetz

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, this is interesting to see it work without issue. DDR4-3133 for 32GB on Ryzen 1st gen is very nice.

Reactions: PantherB