Cooling ID-Cooling IS-47K 47mm 6-heatpipe cooler with 92x15mm fan - Black Ridge alternative?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I did some testing on my Velka 5 v1.1 (this time with no side panels and tightening the mounting as much as I can for IS-47K)
9600k 1.2V 4.3GHz delidded Prime95 Smallest FFTs, HWINFO
blackridge and is-47k set as intake (blowing towards motherboard) all 3 using stock is47k fan

Blackridge: 93 c
IS-47K: 95 c
axp-90: 90 c

I tried again with thermalright's liquid metal (3 stained coolers later)

blackridge: 88 c
is-47k: 91 c
axp-90: 84 c

not the most scientific comparison, but I can vouch that liquid metal works really well with the axp-90 for some reason. regardless, i'm happy that my is-47k is performing with a tighter mount

What is the power draw of that chip at those settings?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Here is the current concept for 120 mm version. It is in progress. Will release in a couple of months. Included fan will be ARGB type.
Here is IS-60 EVO then..:D

@Thehack do you know why total height os IS-60 EVO is 64mm whereas 62mm was expected? Screw heads height?

coothyh

Case Bender
New User
Sep 8, 2020
This article has some actual pictures of the IS-60 EVO and testing of both the IS-47K and the IS-60 EVO. It's in Chinese, but Google Translate does a good job. Imgur mirror of all the pictures. Here's one picture from said article showing the slim fan mounted on the cooler. The screws seem pretty flush, so something else must be adding the extra 2mm height.

I wonder if one could forgo the 92mm fan and put a 25mm fan on top, and bend the cooler so it still stays under 70mm.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This article has some actual pictures of the IS-60 EVO and testing of both the IS-47K and the IS-60 EVO. It's in Chinese, but Google Translate does a good job. Imgur mirror of all the pictures. Here's one picture from said article showing the slim fan mounted on the cooler. The screws seem pretty flush, so something else must be adding the extra 2mm height.

I wonder if one could forgo the 92mm fan and put a 25mm fan on top, and bend the cooler so it still stays under 70mm.

The bracket that provides the threading to mount it.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
Press release is out too:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Very interesting article, simply stating :
  • IS-47K has a pretty powerful heatsink (high density fins stack, 6 heatpipes), but below slim 92mm is not enough to create airflow through it to be really effective
  • IS-60 EVO with its 2xfans is really powerful. Even below 92mm is required to force airflow through heatsink
Now question is : which is the most powerful aircooler for Ghost S1 : NH-L12 (Ghost edition ) or this IS-60 EVO..:D

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Any idea where to get this in Europe? Or AliExpress? What is the safest way to get it from Tmall?

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
That's at least 3 reviewers saying that the IS-47K underperforms. Shame, since it's much easer to get (and return) in the US than the Blackridge.

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I asked the shops on Aliexpress that are already selling ID Cooling products, if they have IS-47K.

Now two of them added it in their shops, I already ordered one from ID-Cooling Store.

Here are the links;

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
In case any of you prefer to use or are already using Superbuy, here's the webpage from ID-Cooling's official store on Tmall linked from Superbuy.

https://www.superbuy.com/en/page/buy?nTag=Home-search&from=search-input&_search=url&position=1&url=https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=587268337278&skuId=4448233076087

I've not used Superbuy myself, I just see it mention around the forums.

Just gonna hop in here and say I've been hesitant to use superbuy, but a redditor by the name of u/anafabula imports taobao stuff periodically. Just ask him what you're looking for and he'll freight it to himself and then ship it to you from the US. He doesn't mark up a bunch either.

Edit: should add that he doesn't ask for payment before he ships it out to you and includes a picture of the stuff too.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Just gonna hop in here and say I've been hesitant to use superbuy, but a redditor by the name of u/anafabula imports taobao stuff periodically. Just ask him what you're looking for and he'll freight it to himself and then ship it to you from the US. He doesn't mark up a bunch either.

Edit: should add that he doesn't ask for payment before he ships it out to you and includes a picture of the stuff too.
funny to see how you get stuff from Taobao is so similar to mine. I've got a guy who imports stuff from Taobao for his business and is an enthusiast also. So he just includes whatever I want to order in his freight shipping and then I pick it up from him since we live in the same city.