IceManCooler pump/res combo

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I finally finished the build but alas... now I run into another problem. I get random crashes/reboots for no obvious reason, no blue screen or any hardware errors. PC operates happily but as soon as there any load it just randomly goes to black screen and hangs. Need to switch on and odd the PSU and reboot. I’ve troubleshooted everything (cpu, ram etc), even swapped the motherboard (a royal pain in the butt) and still get the same. Now the only two things remaining (any other ideas please?) is to try a new PSU and also try swapping the M2427 with the new M2426 that I’m expecting any day now. I already went ahead and ordered anothe PSU to try :(

As for temps, keep in mind I didn’t have the chance to properly test, idle temps are 47c for the cpu and 35c for the GPU. The I was able to run a couple Heaven 4.0 benchmarks and the GPU topped at 56C which to me sounds great

I’ll update again after I try the new PSU and the M2426 and hopefully I’ll sort the system at last

Reactions: rfarmer

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
have you tried without the M2427? I don´t think that´s the problem anyway, it looks more like a psu related issue. Everyttime I´ve had those "go to black for no reason" moments are usually the psu´s fault.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
have you tried without the M2427? I don´t think that´s the problem anyway, it looks more like a psu related issue. Everyttime I´ve had those "go to black for no reason" moments are usually the psu´s fault.
No haven’t tried it yet, I’m expecting the M2426 in a couple of days and also the new PSU hopefully within the week. I’m quite frustrated :( this PSU I m currently using is damn brand new too, maybe I got a lemon and in a way I do hope it’s the PSU’s fault cause that would solve it.
Otherwise the build was very rewarding I might say, as for the VTX pump it’s practically inaudible up to 1500rpm (I highly recommend this but for the cost it’s silly to do so, the Swiftech is equally impressive and only slightly more audible)

Reactions: thelaughingman

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
@MultiDoc where have you been buying those SF750s? I've been looking everywhere for months without any luck.
I bought the the SF750 back in March and was sitting in its box for a while. Then Corsair did the recall and my unit was within the ones affected and had it replaced. I didn’t use until a couple weeks ago and now I found it might be dead. I ordered a replacement SF750 from scan.co.uk that was due in stock yesterday, so I’m hoping to have it in the next few days. To be honest, I was looking to get the 850W from Cooler Master that supposedly will be out now but couldn’t find it anywhere and info on it is scarce too.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
I bought the the SF750 back in March and was sitting in its box for a while. Then Corsair did the recall and my unit was within the ones affected and had it replaced. I didn’t use until a couple weeks ago and now I found it might be dead. I ordered a replacement SF750 from scan.co.uk that was due in stock yesterday, so I’m hoping to have it in the next few days. To be honest, I was looking to get the 850W from Cooler Master that supposedly will be out now but couldn’t find it anywhere and info on it is scarce too.
Ahhh cool. I've been ordering a few parts from Europe recently, didn't think to check there for the PSU. Hadn't heard about that Cooler Master unit so maybe I'll sit on my SF600 for a while longer and see how it compares.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm in Vietnam and the V850W stock is plenty, could get 1 anytime that I like from any retailers. Though it seems SF750 is still the preferred/popular choice by a wide margin.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I'm in Vietnam and the V850W stock is plenty, could get 1 anytime that I like from any retailers. Though it seems SF750 is still the preferred/popular choice by a wide margin.
It seems so indeed, but the SF750 seems to be very hard to find for months now (by the way my order from scan.co.uk is delayed...) and also lately I’ve been hearing of sf750 failures. Personally I’ve had very good experiences with Corsair PSUs previously but with the 750 I guess I’ve been very unlucky. As for the Cooler Master 850 psu, it’s nowhere to be found in Europe at least and haven’t read a single review either.

Anyway, I’ll update on the matter as soon as I manage to replace the psu and hopefully this will resolve the issues. For the time being I’m using my old intel build in the Ncase v5.

Last edited:

rickster

Chassis Packer
Oct 24, 2020
I got the non-combo res, the holes drilled out are completely different sizes (sorry too lazy to get a ruler). The P5 pump is slightly wider than my EK DDC pump. The P5 pump can't fit into the non-combo res. There's also a tiny lip on the combo res.

Reactions: Epos7

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
Great looking build! May I ask for a favour please ? I’d be grateful if you could post some pics that show the tubing how it’s routed exactly and the order.
Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

Flow is Pump > GPU > GPU Sensor > Lower Rad > CPU > CPU Sensor > Side Rad > Reservoir.

QDCs are on the side reservoir so it can be removed (have to unplug the fans too). The run from the lower radiator to the CPU is a a little hard to see since it's tucked behind everything. If you look at the picture from the front of the case, the chrome extension on the right side is coming out of the lower radiator and going to the CPU.

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
Hi all,

did someone managed to build an Iceman and external radiator combo for the Ncase?

Currently i have an NCAse with Iceman DDC and the usual dual-rad (bottom ultra thin, and side) combo.

Since i am having a RTX-3090 i am kind of worried regarding to temperatures in SUMMER TIME!

My idea is to use a Pass Through Slot/Bracket to lead the water out of the Ncase to an addition external radiator (for exampe mounted underneath my table)

I am not sure if this will fit with the bottom radiator installed, in case it could be to tight, the Pass through connectors could be moved to the right side - see example (draft / idea) image:

(this image is not from my build, i just took this as an example, on my build - the icemen is positioned at the rear-exhaust-default position)

What did you think?

Last edited:

little_guy

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 7, 2021
can you use the existing inlet and drain on the iceman?

Hi all,

did someone managed to build an Iceman and external radiator combo for the Ncase?

Currently i have an NCAse with Iceman DDC and the usual dual-rad (bottom ultra thin, and side) combo.

Since i am having a RTX-3090 i am kind of worried regarding to temperatures in SUMMER TIME!

My idea is to use a Pass Through Slot/Bracket to lead the water out of the Ncase to an addition external radiator (for exampe mounted underneath my table)

I am not sure if this will fit with the bottom radiator installed, in case it could be to tight, the Pass through connectors could be moved to the right side - see example (draft / idea) image:

(this image is not from my build, i just took this as an example, on my build - the icemen is positioned at the rear-exhaust-default position)

What did you think?

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Any idea if the Iceman is likely to be discontinued now that the M1 is?

Even though I'm building an air-cooler M1 v6 at the moment, I'm tempted to order the Iceman now so I have the option to go water-cooled in the future.