Stalled Hutzy XS — Ultra Compact Gaming Case (<4L)

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
He was online on [H] about 3 weeks ago, on the 25th.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Is this project still active?

HDplex are making a 300w internal psu. Would it fit?

I'm looking at the dimensions and it should fit if you don't use any 2.5" drives. If you have the DC-ATX mounted under the motherboard and you turn the brick on its side and mount it against the GPU side panel, then you're looking at 51.5mm width for the DC-ATX + 41mm width for the upcoming 300W AC-DC brick = 92.5mm. Plus 4mm of wall and 2mm of double sided tape/velcro for the brick = 98.5mm. And the case is 99.9mm wide so it should barely fit. It would add heat to the GPU compartment. And, again, no 2.5" drives. But you do get a passive internal 300W PSU.

That is, if Hahutzy is still on this project.

PS On second thought, the brick may hit the riser mounting bracket on the GPU side. GPU width clearance seems to be about 39-40mm and the bracket is probably 1-2 mm. And the brick is 41mm on its side. Seems like it won't work, tho we'll really need exact numbers here. If it fits, it will take force or a mod and be incredibly tight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flexon2

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
The ZS-A4M on TaoBao looks pretty similar and interesting. Shame buying on TaoBao is a pain.

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
I wonder why they decided to invert the motherboard and graphics card? It seems like that will just result in having a longer run for the 24-pin power cables. The quality looks really good. If my CustomMod case turns out to be poor quality, I might look into this one.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The ZS-A4M on TaoBao looks pretty similar and interesting. Shame buying on TaoBao is a pain.

Saw this as well.. Would be great if it comes with PCIE extension cable. Guessing the required cable length is trivial but.. tedious.

Seller provides a link to an extension cable, but.. if possible better stick with LiHeat (or 3M for those who have the moolah).

joeartboy

Cable Smoosher
Oct 30, 2017
Current status: Sorting out prototype v2 manufacturing

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Introduction
Hutzy XS is a response to one challenge: To pack an enthusiast gaming rig into as small of a form factor as possible.
The result is a case that is under 4 Litres, making it an Ultra Compact Form Factor (UCFF) case — the smallest class of computer cases.

Poll: Which one do you prefer? Black? Silver? White? (Multiple Choice)

Technical Specifications
  • Material: Anodized Aluminum
  • Color: Black, Silver, White (powdercoated)
  • Volume: 3.99L
  • Dimensions: 181mm [L] x 99.9mm [W] x 221mm [H]
  • Dimensions: ..7.126" [L] x ...3.933" [W] x ..8.701" [H]
  • Motherboard: Mini-ITX
  • PSU: FlexATX
  • GPU Length: Up to 177.8mm (7.0")
  • GPU Height: Up to 131.0mm (Gigabyte 1070 Mini compatible)
  • CPU HSF: Up to 40mm
  • RAM: TWO, Up to 40mm
  • Storage: ONE 2.5" Drive up to 9.5mm thickness
  • _______ ONE M.2 drive for compatible motherboards

how much is your retail prize for this case design?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Could you mod it to put a slim ODD in it?

See, THIS is the problem that arises when folks DO NOT READ the actual thread, when they just skim a thread & start asking questions that are usually already answered in the thread...

This project has been dead in the water for well over a year now...

But if it were still alive, I am sure Hahutzy would not want to increase the chassis dims the amount needed for a quad 2.5" SSD / single ODD combo...

Last edited: