Prototype Mini-malist: 5L console style gaming case design, "The 1st"

goldenhk

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2022
Thank you for your query, there would be space to fit a 2.5" SSD/HDD. I haven't included mounting holes for this, I will either include double side sticky pads, or will add a mount/mounting holes when I order/send out the first batch. I will update the post and listing on my site with the solution I go with. Hope that helps 👍
Thank you for your very swift reply. I am thinking perhaps it can mount more than one 2.5 given the space?

Also may I ask if it might also come with other color such as black?

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thank you for your very swift reply. I am thinking perhaps it can mount more than one 2.5 given the space?

Also may I ask if it might also come with other color such as black?

I just need to confirm the design, but with a bracket for the 2.5" drives, it could potentially store up to 3, with space between each for airflow/cooling. It could also store 1 drive if you had a full length GPU with a maximum thickness of 40mm, but I wouldn't recommend it as it could block the airflow to the gpu significantly. So will focus on a 2.5 drive cage that holds 3 as an option.

In relation to the colour, it might be something I look to offer in future batches, but it added additional cost to the case compared to a brushed stainless steel finish. So it will all depend on the interest in the case, and whether people would still be interested if it were to cost an extra £15 or so (can't remember exact cost and would need to confirm) per case to have it in black/another colour 👍

Last edited:

goldenhk

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2022
I just need to confirm the design, but with a bracket for the 2.5" drives, it could potentially store up to 3, with space between each for airflow/cooling. It could also store 1 drive if you had a full length GPU with a maximum thickness of 40mm, but I wouldn't recommend it as it could block the airflow to the gpu significantly. So will focus on a 2.5 drive cage that holds 3 as an option.

In relation to the colour, it might be something I look to offer in future batches, but it added additional cost to the case compared to a brushed stainless steel finish. So it will all depend on the interest in the case, and whether people would still be interested if it were to cost an extra £15 or so (can't remember exact cost and would need to confirm) per case to have it in black/another colour 👍
Sounds good. I would definitely interested in the color black!

Reactions: Vir and Day VReamer

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
I have now developed the design to incorporate a 2.5" SSD mount, which can fit three 2.5" drives, and which can be fitted if the GPU is shorter than 190mm. If the GPU is close to 190mm, then I would recommend fitting the GPU then the SSD bracket with the SSD's already installed on the bracket. I have matched the cutouts of the drive mount so they are similar/the same as the case so should allow airflow to the SSD's, and have put two ventilation holes on the side to help airflow through the SSDs.

I have also done the mounting holes for the bracket to the case, the same as a 2.5" drive. This means if your GPU is longer than 190mm, but is only two slots thick, then you can also mount one 2.5" drive. All holes etc will be countersunk.

I had to move the GPU spacer/support further along to accomodate the SSD drives.

The extra cost for the mount/bracket and the screws is £12.68 for the bracket to be made, and a small amount for the additional screws.

Total cost now if I do a batch of 10 is £163.52+postage, or in a batch of 20 is £151.42 + postage.

Last edited:

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Sorry for the current delay. I ordered the final version 3 weeks ago, and still haven't received it. I have chased up with the company making it and they are basically a broker for manufacturing, and the company they got to make it couldn't end up doing it as they didn't have the full extent of tooling needed. It is being passed to another manufacturer with the correct tooling to making and I will update further as soon as I receive or have news. Thanks all

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenhk

jchang91010

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2020
Love the design and I have been looking for case like this forever.

Does it fit the reference AMD cards such as RX6800 XT or RX6800? (cause I already have a RX6800 on hand)

Seems like the best cooling option will be noctua nh-l9, but I am worried about the fan being loud due to short distance from the side panel.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to route the power cable back into the case? Seem redundant to me.

As for the price, I feel like anything under 200 pounds sounds fair to me, would be even better if it comes with pcie4.0 riser.

2.5 SSD bays can be optional as many people rely solely on nvme.

Last edited:

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hi all, so progress/attempts updates from the manufacturer have been few and far between, and for some reason they are struggling to make it. I may have to look at another manufacturer/supplier or change the design. I think this may be the point to assume this won't go ahead unless this is updated. Sorry to all those who have been waiting on this, and thank you for all of your patience. Apologies and hope you all find suitable cases for your projects.