How long before SFF RTX 3000 series cards?

Tristanoz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 9, 2020
So the new RTX 3000 series GPU's are being rumoured to release this september. I am planning a new build but I can wait for september if the RTX 3000 series is any good. However, do ITX/SFF GPU's usually release alongside the normal models when a new GPU launches? I can wait until september but if I have to wait for another 3 months before the smaller models are available I am just gonna pull the trigger on a 2070.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have only been into the SFF world for a couple years and so have not been keeping track of SFF cards' release date for very long time. But, my impression is that there is very little chance that an ITX/SFF RTX 3000 series card be released on the official launch. 'Usually, it takes 3 months or so at least. Manufacturers usually release full size cards (2-fan, 3-fan, hybrid, superclocked...etc) and probably the last release model is the SFF/ITX format.

Reactions: Tristanoz

seven7thirty30

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 2, 2019
I agree with tinyitx. 3-4 months after, but you never know these days with ITX gaining more popularity over the last few years. A company like Zotac could definitely surprise you with an ITX model sooner.

Reactions: Tristanoz

Tristanoz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 9, 2020
I have only been into the SFF world for a couple years and so have not been keeping track of SFF cards' release date for very long time. But, my impression is that there is very little chance that an ITX/SFF RTX 3000 series card be released on the official launch. 'Usually, it takes 3 months or so at least. Manufacturers usually release full size cards (2-fan, 3-fan, hybrid, superclocked...etc) and probably the last release model is the SFF/ITX format.
Okay, I haven't experienced a card release since I became interested in SFF so this helps a lot. Thanks! I actually compared the release of the 2070 cards and ITX variants with each other and it seems that you are right. Sucks that for us SFF enthousiasts the RTX 3000 release is effectively 6 months away.

Unless I could get the new Velka 5 somehow, but I live in europe so no chance of getting one right now.