Power Supply HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
My estimated delivery date is this Thursday, just updated today. I will test and see if it has an effect on coil whine of my Zotac GTX 1080 Mini. Currently using Fast Sync seems to help with this, but it is still audible.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
I've just ordered HDPlex 400, and am not sure about where to go for a brick. (This will be my first ITX build! XD)

I saw some Mean Well units mentioned several pages ago, and I wondered if the EPP-400-24 would be suitable?
If not, what other ~400w AC/DC converters should I be looking at?

:D

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
I've just ordered HDPlex 400, and am not sure about where to go for a brick. (This will be my first ITX build! XD)

I saw some Mean Well units mentioned several pages ago, and I wondered if the EPP-400-24 would be suitable?
If not, what other ~400w AC/DC converters should I be looking at?

:D

I guess my first question is what are you trying to power? Chances are it won't be higher than the 330 watt dell brick can provide.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
why? I havent back-read was it supposed to be placed differently?

anywas heres a picture comparison to 300 v 400

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
why? I havent back-read was it supposed to be placed differently?

anywas heres a picture comparison to 300 v 400

A few people have received units with the wrong CPU header keying (they got a GPU keyed one) so that's why I asked.

Thanks for the pic, it looks nice :) just a bit too dark around the CPU header area (the bottom right of the pic) to make out the keying you have easily. From what I can tell by pixel peeping on my phone though you got the correct one, congrats!

I will say that the new one looks way nicer than the old 300w one. A lot more worth the $90ish USD one would pay for it :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Is the PSU end of the PCIe cable supposed to have one vacant pin, and two cables crimped to a single pin in the opposite corner?

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
Out of curiosity, how do you sleeve the two wires going into a single pin?
I actually made a little video explaining how I do the double crimps. It's not the best since I shot, edited, and uploaded all in one night for someone but it gets the point across good enough I think.

Here's the Vid:

I can answer more questions if needed but I think I covered everything :)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I actually made a little video explaining how I do the double crimps. It's not the best since I shot, edited, and uploaded all in one night for someone but it gets the point across good enough I think.

Here's the Vid:

I can answer more questions if needed but I think I covered everything :)
Oh that's awesome! :)

Reactions: royalba94

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
I guess my first question is what are you trying to power? Chances are it won't be higher than the 330 watt dell brick can provide.

Well I'm hoping to run a Ryzen 7, and I'm guessing an RX 570 (RIP Vega Nano dreams... haha)

I'd also just like to have the flexibility to run more in other cases.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Just received my unit. All headers correct on the unit. I will report back on coil whine later. Have to agree with @Kmpkt ...very heavy!