Production GxR-ONE ATX PLUGIN PSU / a (G)UNIQUE and (R)EVOLUTIONARY power solution / RTX3080 ready

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
Looks like I'm going to have to wait, maximum size would be 220*56*40 but preferably 200*55*38 and best outcome would be 180*55*36 (HDPLEX size).

I will be getting a zotac 3070 and fitting it to a S4M it will be a very tight fit using the current brickless HDPLEX setup.

The Zotac 3070 will not fit in a Skyreach. Maximum GPU dimensions are 215*116mm for a brickless setup.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
We are thinking about a clean solution for an internal AC-DC unit which would be compatible with the SFX form factor.

Means: the AC-DC part could be mounted in any case which supports SFX power supplies. From there the GxR-ONE DC-DC will take over and provide you with a minimalistic cable management.

Let me know if this sounds interesting.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
How hot did the wire get at 600 watts? Seems like there would be some liability if people abused the power limit and the conductor overheated.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
@REVOCCASES Can you tell me the height of the RAM modules you're using, from top to bottom, and how tall does the plug-in power board sit relative to the RAM?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How hot did the wire get at 600 watts? Seems like there would be some liability if people abused the power limit and the conductor overheated.

Safety has been considered. Wires only get comfortably warm @ rated wattage. Only high quality cables and connectors are used which are rated for 200C/125C (UL approved) and we are far away from that even if someone would push it over 600W (e.g. doing OC).

Besides, it is very unlikely that you can abuse it in a way that cables would get too hot:
  • It is mainly rated 600W because of the connectors on your GPU and MOBO. e.g. 8PIN connectors on your GPU and MOBO are officially supposed for 150W each. GxR-ONE has three of them which makes 450W. Add 150W for the 24P. Total 600W.
  • Lets say someone would try to use Y adapters to run a RTX3090 SLI setup (lol), the Y cables or connectors would melt before the GxR-ONE wires do.
  • Total output is limited by DC input. If you want to abuse it you have to use some >>600W AC-DC power supply.
  • Lets say someone really manages to hook up 800W of hardware to it, cable temperatures would still stay below their rating but voltage drop would make your system unstable and likely cause your system to crash before anything melts.
As common sense power rating has to be considered like with any other PSU: you also don't buy a 600W CORSAIR PSU if you intend to draw 800W, right?

Last edited:

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
The Zotac 3070 will not fit in a Skyreach. Maximum GPU dimensions are 215*116mm for a brickless setup.

$500 risk, but I'm pretty sure I can make it fit voiding the warranty

Edit: oh crap it's 20mm wider than the 2070s mini. Don't think the 16mm from swapping the HDPLEXs (without connectors) will be enough

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
looks like 600W module? if I were to grab one from Gury I would go for 900W hahaha

If you are living in a 210VAC ~ 240VAC country we have a 750W TITANIUM Brick (same size like 600W 110VAC Brick) ;)

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
If you are living in a 210VAC ~ 240VAC country we have a 750W TITANIUM Brick (same size like 600W 110VAC Brick) ;)

I'm not in the US so it is 220VAC land here ? I think 750 is a good spot for high-end build. Though I'm using the SF750 already so not really looking to 'side'-grade, thus the comment about the 900W Gunique ?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm not in the US so it is 220VAC land here ? I think 750 is a good spot for high-end build. Though I'm using the SF750 already so not really looking to 'side'-grade, thus the comment about the 900W Gunique ?

If you would ever need a 1KW brick for your next RTX3090 SLI build (?), just let me know. Gury has something like that on stock.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
If you would ever need a 1KW brick for your next RTX3090 SLI build (?), just let me know. Gury has something like that on stock.
maybe crossfire Big Navi ? I'm in his Discord and I think he can put together 4x 300W modules together for a 1200W GUnique brick, but then you lose the size advantage vs. SFX. IIRC at 3x 300W modules the brick is still marginally smaller than standard SFX
@DrHudacris you're gonna go get one now don't ya ?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
maybe crossfire Big Navi ? I'm in his Discord and I think he can put together 4x 300W modules together for a 1200W GUnique brick, but then you lose the size advantage vs. SFX. IIRC at 3x 300W modules the brick is still marginally smaller than standard SFX
@DrHudacris you're gonna go get one now don't ya ?
Nah,I'm good ? 600 watts will be just fine! My use cases won't benefit from multi GPU either.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
My saying. Moving out the SFX PSU from your case gives you quite some advantages. And with my BRICKMOD500 and Gurys slim bricks you can choose two options for having a nice AC-DC solution to put either on top or below your desk. ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
My saying. Moving out the SFX PSU from your case gives you quite some advantages. And with my BRICKMOD500 and Gurys slim bricks you can choose two options for having a nice AC-DC solution to put either on top or below your desk. ?
tbh my preference is brickless, i.e. mounting the brick inside the case but I do understand people's preference for external bricks.

just speaking for the T1, even if the brick is mounted inside the case, the fact that it is smaller than standard SFX PSUs is appealing to me because the area just above the PSU is very crowded when you watercool in the T1. so any additional volume that I can free up can go to more airflow, easier tube routing etc. and less cables is such a bliss - that is why I have the M2426 on route to me, the 24pin cable is such a pain!