Motherboard Group Buy/Crowdfunded Modded BIOS for the Asrock A300m (Deskmini A300)

Danlopez1222

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
@Danlopez1222 I was wondering if those pins near the ram were actually connected. Thanks, for the heads up. And that's the site that came up when I did a search. I'll probably grab the pro as well.

Regarding the software for flashing, which do you prefer?
They make their own drivers and software in house- it's what I've always used. It should be available on their downloads page.

Reactions: GLSRacer

GLSRacer

Average Stuffer
May 31, 2019
Awesome, thanks again for the quick responses. I don't have a 5700G on hand but I'll keep an eye out for sales.

Aelda

Cable Smoosher
Feb 11, 2022
@Danlopez1222

That sounds very interesting for the A300. I also have a 2400G installed in mine and have not yet decided what to upgrade with.

Have you done a stress test of the 5700G in the A300 to make sure that the processor really runs without problems and there are no bluescreens under load ?

Danlopez1222

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
@Danlopez1222

That sounds very interesting for the A300. I also have a 2400G installed in mine and have not yet decided what to upgrade with.

Have you done a stress test of the 5700G in the A300 to make sure that the processor really runs without problems and there are no bluescreens under load ?
I applied liquid metal and ran CPU-Z's internal stress test to see how low temperatures are. I've been getting consistent 4.4-4.6 Ghz on all cores under load, with temperatures in the 70s. It looks like GPU performance has been knocked down due to the inability to overclock RAM, since the default is 2400Mhz with loose timings. My Vega 11 on my 2400G with 3400Mhz RAM seems to get higher scores on 3d Mark.

Reactions: GLSRacer

Aelda

Cable Smoosher
Feb 11, 2022
Maybe the problem with the ram clock is not a problem with the X300 bios, but that the A300 does not provide enough power. I think that was discussed here in the forum with the 4700G processor, that the ram clock could not go over 2600Mhz, because the A300 provides too little power.

Danlopez1222

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Maybe the problem with the ram clock is not a problem with the X300 bios, but that the A300 does not provide enough power. I think that was discussed here in the forum with the 4700G processor, that the ram clock could not go over 2600Mhz, because the A300 provides too little power.
I don't think its that, because I cant even change timings at 2400MHz ram. Its almost as if it's ignoring all bios settings.

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
@Danlopez1222 I was wondering if those pins near the ram were actually connected. Thanks, for the heads up. And that's the site that came up when I did a search. I'll probably grab the pro as well.

Regarding the software for flashing, which do you prefer?
The pinout is in this thread, somewhere closer to the beginning.

GLSRacer

Average Stuffer
May 31, 2019
With recent announcements of support for Ryzen 5000 on 300 series boards, I wonder what the chance is that ASRock will do right by their customers and provide a BIOS to support the CPUs on the A300?

xxTech

Efficiency Noob
Mar 18, 2022
I got mail:

Hello,

Sorry, the information I have is, that Cezanne is not be supported on our DeskMini A300.

Also no information yet f there will be newer AGESA codes for this mainboard.

Best regards,

GLSRacer

Average Stuffer
May 31, 2019
Figures, they keep trying to pretend like the X300 has something newer than the A300 as far as actual board compatibility

xxTech

Efficiency Noob
Mar 18, 2022
Unsatisfying answer:

Hello,

also for Renoir I have to say sorry. I do not have closer information yet if it will be supported with future BIOS.

So far, only these CPU’s are supported and tested:

best regards,

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
@Danlopez1222 about the idea of CPU-microcode/-support transplantation:

I think we are a step further to be able to achieve that. There is a product announced: "DeskMini Max" which is 5000-Series based
mainboard with PCIe 16x slot. Therefore, we could probably grab it's BIOS/UEFI and do some surgery on it combined with A300 UEFI :)

DeskMini Max is using *no* dedicated chipset. Still running on knoll-based-config.
It seems from the video (they're opening up the case, so you can see the mainboard) they've updated the power-stages on the mainboard being
4+1+1 (I guess '4' to be able to satisfy 105Watt against 65W using '3' VRMs)

This platform seems to be indeed the A300 v2.0 because of the PSU, but also TDP being up to 105 Watt it seems they've updated the VRMs and
power-rails for the CPU/SoC/APU - there is residing my hope of "true" o/c being actually feasible. There is only one M.2 slot for NVMe's though and 2x S-ATA.
And being 10L in volume, it remains a question weather a standard mITX/ITX-platform would be actually the "way-to-go"-platform, since 10L is not small factor
anymore - when comparing against 1.92L from the A300. I think the price will be the point, on which a customer can decide.

PSU + Case + Mainboard (B550-based) => ~300€
Deskmini Max therefore should be <300€

And again, you can re-buy the RAM -.-, since Max is using U-DIMMs. Not pleased by this fact.

It took a while, but this product finally came out as the "Deskmeet" and indeed has no chipset, but does not limit the bios to apu processors. In case anyone would pursue this idea again.

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
It took a while, but this product finally came out as the "Deskmeet" and indeed has no chipset, but does not limit the bios to apu processors. In case anyone would pursue this idea again.

Unfortunately the deskmeet doesn't solve my old problem. I needed a smaller than itx board specifically mstx like the deskminis, the deskmeet is bigger its deep itx.

Fortunately, I no longer have my problem as my pc setup goals have changed and I've already started working on it.

vlasec

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 22, 2023
Looks like this thread has slept for several months. I've tried to find some help for A300 BIOS upgrade elsewhere with no success some time ago. After seeing this thread, I am half-decided to go for Ryzen 5 4600G for my A300 board, if there is a way to make it work. 5600G would sound better to me, but I am not really comfortable with flashing it to X300 BIOS. I haven't found any links here to answer my question where I can find the BIOSes, so I made my own search for 3.60S, and found the following:

Is anyone familiar with the website? At first glance I don't see any red flags, but of course, one doesn't want malware in BIOS, that would be terrible.

Also, does 3.60U (allegedly released by ASRock, in that case probably retracted later) BIOS offer a better experience than 3.60S? And what about 3.70B or 3.71A?

With the current pricing, Ryzen 5 4600G might be a good choice for me, as long as it works. I however mostly just saw 4650G mentioned in this thread. Hopefully 4600G works with these BIOS revisions as well, doesn't it?

If only the Pro variants are viable, then I'm pretty much screwed, and rather than switching to X300, I'd probably just wait for some AM5 solution. And ASRock's unwillingness to support their older platform with newer CPUs tells me to give a chance to other manufacturers if available.

Pallando

Cable Smoosher
Dec 6, 2022
Looks like this thread has slept for several months. I've tried to find some help for A300 BIOS upgrade elsewhere with no success some time ago. After seeing this thread, I am half-decided to go for Ryzen 5 4600G for my A300 board, if there is a way to make it work. 5600G would sound better to me, but I am not really comfortable with flashing it to X300 BIOS. I haven't found any links here to answer my question where I can find the BIOSes, so I made my own search for 3.60S, and found the following:

Is anyone familiar with the website? At first glance I don't see any red flags, but of course, one doesn't want malware in BIOS, that would be terrible.

Also, does 3.60U (allegedly released by ASRock, in that case probably retracted later) BIOS offer a better experience than 3.60S? And what about 3.70B or 3.71A?

With the current pricing, Ryzen 5 4600G might be a good choice for me, as long as it works. I however mostly just saw 4650G mentioned in this thread. Hopefully 4600G works with these BIOS revisions as well, doesn't it?

If only the Pro variants are viable, then I'm pretty much screwed, and rather than switching to X300, I'd probably just wait for some AM5 solution. And ASRock's unwillingness to support their older platform with newer CPUs tells me to give a chance to other manufacturers if available.

Be careful with the 3.71A bios. That's the one I got from ASrock when I asked for a fix regarding the possible stuttering caused by the fTPM on older BIOSes, but flashing it on top of my 3.60S bricked my A300. I managed to fix it with a CH341A USB programmer though.

At the time, I upgraded from a 3200G to a 4600G, but the 4600G seemingly has problems with fTPM (and Windows 11) while the 3200G does not, although I haven't tested it, and just kept the fTPM disabled.

Using 3.60S/U, the 4600G works fine on my A300.

Reactions: Phuncz

vlasec

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 22, 2023
Thanks, Pallando. I've just done the upgrade yesterday. BIOS upgrade to 3.60S was successful, then I also upgraded CPU to R5 4600G. I'm still on Windows 10 and I don't care much about fTPM. The CPU upgrade made quite a performance increase, even in web browsing.

I hope it's stable and there are no bugs troubling me because of using a beta BIOS. Currently not considering 3.71A or 3.70B, even if they support Renoir CPUs. However, I could upgrade to 3.60U if it's considered a good idea. It's just one day newer than 3.60S though, and I have no idea how it relates to each other.

Pallando

Cable Smoosher
Dec 6, 2022
Thanks, Pallando. I've just done the upgrade yesterday. BIOS upgrade to 3.60S was successful, then I also upgraded CPU to R5 4600G. I'm still on Windows 10 and I don't care much about fTPM. The CPU upgrade made quite a performance increase, even in web browsing.

I hope it's stable and there are no bugs troubling me because of using a beta BIOS. Currently not considering 3.71A or 3.70B, even if they support Renoir CPUs. However, I could upgrade to 3.60U if it's considered a good idea. It's just one day newer than 3.60S though, and I have no idea how it relates to each other.

I'm not sure there's a difference between 3.60S and 3.60U, from what I've seen online.
However, FYI, Renoir is not supported by 3.70B or 3.71A.