GPU Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini itx

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Can't find any other information on the web about it, other than it was mentioned by a Gigabyte rep to one of the SFF Network staff.

But if it is true and keeps to the same dimensions as the 1070 version, then this is great news! I wonder whether they have improved the cards cooling performance in any way, the 1070 had some headroom in its cooling, but not a massive amount.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
I really wonder how well it cools. But a little late i think I wish they did this earlier. Curious to see if the fan always operates as well

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
This is so exciting, I have a +2 connector hidden in my 3.24l mini build, I might have to sell some stuff to get my hands on one asap!

Anyone wanna buy a 1060sc with a cut down shroud? XD

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Recommended PSU is 500W though!
Manufacturers always recommend more psu than you actually need so that people with low quality psus don't push them too hard and destroy something.

Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Reactions: AleksandarK

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Recommended PSU is 500W though!

Manufacturers always recommend more psu than you actually need so that people with low quality psus don't push them too hard and destroy something.

Or at least that's my understanding of it.
Very true. You can power 1080 with 350W psu, but that will mostly depend on your hardware. If you have something like a r5, r7,i5 or i7(not Sky-Lake X as that draws A LOT of power) and a few HDDs or SDDs, you should be fine. But the main regirement is to check how much the 12V rails can handle.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I can't wait to see an LZ7 build with this card.

Yeah it would be a powerful little cube! I've got some other stuff I'm working on to make the case compatible with the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX so you can fit a tower style cooler in the case or even maybe a 120mm AIO, perhaps I will get one to test this config out with. If retailers get any stock that is with the mining craze.

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah it would be a powerful little cube! I've got some other stuff I'm working on to make the case compatible with the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX so you can fit a tower style cooler in the case or even maybe a 120mm AIO, perhaps I will get one to test this config out with. If retailers get any stock that is with the mining craze.
for some reason the mini cards seem to be unaffected by the mining craze (at least on amazon.de) heck the zotac gtx 1080 mini and gigabyte 1070 mini are the cheapest variants on the site!

Reactions: br3nd0