GPU Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini itx

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Sweet but whats up with the price? that's the same price as a 1080ti wtf, i understand they had to do some crazy stuff to shrink the pcb but for the same price as a 1080ti that is an ultra niche product, I don't think i could justify that. The memory prices from mining are probably affecting the price as well :(

coughlanio

Typical Gaijin
Aug 22, 2017
Just picked one up ;)

EDIT: I paid ¥ 75,578 JPY for the card at Dospara in Akihabara, which is 568 EUR or 672 USD at the time of this post. I expect the card to go down in price a bit once it hits Amazon.co.jp etc. That price is including tax.

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Just picked one up ;)

EDIT: I paid ¥ 75,578 JPY for the card at Dospara in Akihabara, which is 568 EUR or 672 USD at the time of this post. I expect the card to go down in price a bit once it hits Amazon.co.jp etc. That price is including tax.
Awesome!
Have you had a chance to install it, and how is the noise level if you have?

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
Any idea of the US release date? Love to use this in my S4 with the standard bezel. May need to find a new home for a Zotac 1080 mini now XD

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
They sure are taking their time rolling this thing out! Surprised no one has posted up a single review yet. Gigabyte decided not to send out samples? :(

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
That's pretty expensive for a gtx 1080

They are definitely charging a premium for this one, considering the non mini-itx version by gigabyte is going for almost $100 less (according to the exchange rate google reported) I hope they don't do that with the US release.

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
Newegg had them up for sale super brief. Managed to nab one for $539 then they pulled the page. Shows mine shipped tho and arrives tomorrow.

Hope there wasn't a recall or something >__>

Anyways I'll post up some temps and thoughts on noise when it arrives. Will be going in a S4 Mini.

Last edited:

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
I predict gigabyte is gonna be dropping both their 1080mini and 1070timini tomorrow since that is the supposed launch date for the 1070ti