GPU ZOTAC 1080 Mini measurements and review!

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
hey @3lfk1ng , I'm looking to remove my 1080mini's fans and shroud to swap them with the 2 NHL9i fans i have. I want to run thermal tests of the GPU beforehand, and noise tests too... which benchmark did you guys use in this review for the thermals test? What benchmarks do you recommend, just furmark? at what settings?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
For thermal testing. we used Just the default settings for a fresh installation of Furmark.
No additional stress tests were run on the CPU during that time.

Then we recorded the temperature after it had reached it's maximum ~15 minutes.

Once the card returned to idle temperatures, we repeated this process with the card set to it's maximum 24/7 stable overclock rate (which was only +100MHz over stock with the sample that Zotac sent to us)

Reactions: CubanLegend

Realtop

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 9, 2017
hey @3lfk1ng , I'm looking to remove my 1080mini's fans and shroud to swap them with the 2 NHL9i fans i have. I want to run thermal tests of the GPU beforehand, and noise tests too... which benchmark did you guys use in this review for the thermals test? What benchmarks do you recommend, just furmark? at what settings?

Temps will drop about 5c noise about 30%.

Reactions: CubanLegend

Realtop

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 9, 2017
wow! that's a whole new 1080 mini fan mod setup I've never seen before, are those individual aluminum heatsinks? and did you screw in the fans? Do you have a build log or more documentation and pictures of the steps for this mod? :D
No, actually it's just an original gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb oc windforce heatsink with two NF A9x14 PWM fans and a Ek cable pwm fan adapter for gpu (SKU: 3831109869734). But considering that all the dual fan heatsinks are around the same size it should be pretty easy to swap the fans.