G-Unique Plug&Play DC-ATX Oversea Edition Preview

What price do G-Unique Plug&Play units deserved?

• Lower than pico units (assuming same wattage)

• About the same as pico units (assuming same wattage)

• A little bit higher than pico units (assuming same wattage)

• Much higher than pico units (assuming same wattage)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Twinstar

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2017
Well you can still get the gUnique units off tabao even in the Americas and Europe; the only problem is that most of us can't read Chinese, so shopping is difficult (and translation programs are terrible trying to translate western and eastern languages).

I'm pretty sure thats why they are selling these here is to tap the western market that has trouble with that.

Do you have a link for us?

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any reason I'd pick this over the HDPLEX 160w if I didn't have any plans of going over a 250w load(i5 6500 and gtx 1060)? I am not an electrician and have no prior experience with soldering and from what I've read it seems I'd have to do that if I wanted to attach a 6 pin pcie cable? Thanks for helping out an noob.

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 18, 2016
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any reason I'd pick this over the HDPLEX 160w if I didn't have any plans of going over a 250w load(i5 6500 and gtx 1060)? I am not an electrician and have no prior experience with soldering and from what I've read it seems I'd have to do that if I wanted to attach a 6 pin pcie cable? Thanks for helping out an noob.

I haven't had any experience with the HDPLEX 160, however, it accepts a wide voltage whereas the G-unique accepts strictly 12 volts, but I believe you should be able to run more wattage through the plug&play than the HDPLEX. Regardless you need to purchase a power brick for both, you can order a 6 pin with the plug&play as well. I believe it's between preference and usage. But I'm positive both could run your setup.

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
Just to clear something up are these PSU's? Just really really tiny ones? or are they something other than a PSU?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
They are part a PSU. They need to be paired with an AC-DC converter (or a battery outputting DC) in a specific voltage range. The G-Unique DC-ATX units are for 12V AC-DC units, like the Dell 220W unit (G-Unique also sells a modified version of the Dell brick that can have higher wattage ratings).

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
G-cube details:

can easlily customized any pattern/logo/ID you like in front/side/back panels because Gcube is made by all PCB:

internal structure 1,one mother board tray PCB,two side supported pcbs,one VGA riser PCB:

internal structure 2: MB IO pcb:

each side supported pcb can add two 2.5' HDD/SSDs:

mid-frame pcb ,spread out the power from DC-in 8pin socket to the cpu connector/pci-e connector/24pin type dcatx controlled unit:

VGA riser card integrated with Fan conctroller/connector and the PSU of SSD/HDD:

specially designed dcatx for Gcube:

VGA water Block,and need some heasink for Gram and VRM:

internal 3,fan will be installed in the middle:

the water cooled unit of Gcube is a second-hand Coolit Rack RCLC ,original used on a dual Xeon cpu server case ;its heat exchanger is 16cm*16cm fin size,4cm thick,can be covered by one 14-16cm fan~it cost me about 25 USD:

the Gcube's shelt is just "floating" on the internal structure with 4 screws on top fasten it
@bxcounter is this one modular enough for you :)

Reactions: Weredawg

clukky26

What's an ITX?
New User
May 13, 2017
wow, i've just recently found this product after searching around whilst deciding on my next build!
looks like SFF is the next one.

are you guys able to help a noob out? looking at the right psu from G unique.
the specs are in the link below,
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4f3LxY
im assuming a 400watt G Unique plug&play would be sufficient (pcpartpicker says 301watt), but i wouldn't want to bottleneck it during gaming or whatever multiple programs im using. Would you guys be able to suggest me something suitable?

Thanks heaps guys :D

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
wow, i've just recently found this product after searching around whilst deciding on my next build!
looks like SFF is the next one.

are you guys able to help a noob out? looking at the right psu from G unique.
the specs are in the link below,
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4f3LxY
im assuming a 400watt G Unique plug&play would be sufficient (pcpartpicker says 301watt), but i wouldn't want to bottleneck it during gaming or whatever multiple programs im using. Would you guys be able to suggest me something suitable?

Thanks heaps guys :D
This thread should be closed as gury is doing deals himself through the vender market place section on the forums. Go there and he has his email listed. Tell him what you want and he will invoice you. Takes him a couple weeks to custom make everything.