Newbie for NCASE M1 v5 build check

avrilrjj

Case Bender
Original poster
Apr 6, 2019
I've already ordered the ncase m1 v5.
Could you guys help me check my build which cpu cooler should be use?

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I GAMING
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200 (16GB x 2)
Display Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum

And i got 2 x 2.5" ssd and 2 x 3.5" hdd? Is it possible to install?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I've already ordered the ncase m1 v5.
Could you guys help me check my build which cpu cooler should be use?

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I GAMING
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200 (16GB x 2)
Display Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum

And i got 2 x 2.5" ssd and 3 x 3.5" hdd? Is it possible to install?

Thanks a lot.

You can install the 2 x 2.5 SSDs to the front panel, for 3 x 3.5 HDDs you will need to install one to the case floor and 2 in the HDD bracket that is attached to the fan bracket. You need to make sure and get the Ncase with vented side panel and fan bracket, not the windowed panel.

With this set up you will not be able to install 120mm fans to the case floor or a 120mm intake fan on the right side of the bracket. This will make cooling more difficult but you can install them.

Reactions: avrilrjj

avrilrjj

Case Bender
Original poster
Apr 6, 2019
You can install the 2 x 2.5 SSDs to the front panel, for 3 x 3.5 HDDs you will need to install one to the case floor and 2 in the HDD bracket that is attached to the fan bracket. You need to make sure and get the Ncase with vented side panel and fan bracket, not the windowed panel.

With this set up you will not be able to install 120mm fans to the case floor or a 120mm intake fan on the right side of the bracket. This will make cooling more difficult but you can install them.

Im sorry, i have edited. i got 2 x 2.5" and 2 x 3.5" only. Also i ordered the Ncase with vented side panel and fan bracket.
With this set up, Do you have any cpu coolers recommanded? Will it block the 3.5" bracket?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Im sorry, i have edited. i got 2 x 2.5" and 2 x 3.5" only. Also i ordered the Ncase with vented side panel and fan bracket.
With this set up, Do you have any cpu coolers recommanded? Will it block the 3.5" bracket?

The only cooler you have problems blocking the HDD bracket are the Noctua C14 or C14s, I would recommend the Noctua NH-U9S. There are many used in the Ncase with good results. Most users have the fan on the right side blowing toward the back of the case with a 92mm exhaust fan mounted at the case back. With not having a 3.5 HDD on the case floor I would use 2 x 120mm fans as intake, this helps with GPU cooling.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
U9S is a very good cooler. A possible alternate would be the Cryorig C1, but swap the stock fan for a better unit, and use a second fan as a side intake directly above it.