Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

lampree

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2020
I've never had a little bit of heat fail me when trying to un-stick something, but generally solvent based liquids like acetone or finger nail polish are great for removing super glue as well.
I have acetone but was hesitant about using it on the anodized aluminum. Unless that's nothing to worry about, I'll give it a try.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I have acetone but was hesitant about using it on the anodized aluminum. Unless that's nothing to worry about, I'll give it a try.

You should be good on using acetone on the aluminum. Anodization is a process that grows alumina on the surface which is pretty resistant to all forms of corrosion. I'd just make sure its pure acetone and not one of those nail polish removers with weird additives that could leave a discoloration.

lampree

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2020
I talked with the seller and they were kind enough to update the depth in their listing and even add a little nod to the FormD which I found a bit humorous. That should prevent others from making the same mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: max31092

eblvrm

Chassis Packer
Apr 17, 2020
Hey guys, just a warning. Don't buy these magnets. https://www.ebay.com/itm/M00880-MOR...4x3-mm-Neodymium-Disk-Round-Mini/201683745008

They are only 2.75mm in depth and end up coming short of the frame. Didn't realize it'd be an issue until after I glued them in. They are very strong on direct touch, but ended up having practically no grip on the side panels due to the gap. Measure with a caliper first before glueing and don't assume like me!

Mine magnets are glued just like yours, little bit under the edge but the grip is still strong enough to hold the side panels in place without top/bottom panel. Mine are N38 type, so not the strongest and just like yours are little bit less than 3mm tall (checked left overs by caliper) Maybe 4x4 would have been better fit but I don't care anymore. I took me few months to plan my build and gather all parts so now 1mm gap will not stop me from enjoying my work. Hope you will find way to take out yours :)

Reactions: thelaughingman

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
Hey guys, just a warning. Don't buy these magnets. https://www.ebay.com/itm/M00880-MOR...4x3-mm-Neodymium-Disk-Round-Mini/201683745008

They are only 2.75mm in depth and end up coming short of the frame. Didn't realize it'd be an issue until after I glued them in. They are very strong on direct touch, but ended up having practically no grip on the side panels due to the gap. Measure with a caliper first before glueing and don't assume like me!
I bought this exact listing on July 30th, and for me they are recessed like your picture but are still able to hold the side panels in place when the top panel is off.

lampree

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2020
I bought this exact listing on July 30th, and for me they are recessed like your picture but are still able to hold the side panels in place when the top panel is off.
Ayy, I’m glad they work for you. I have 5 out of 6 out using acetone (last one being a bitch) so at this point I’ll prob order the ones from K&J for good measure. I’d like stronger ones anyway as I have some AIO tubes that need a little squishing in.

Edit: got that last bugger

Last edited:

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
I'm done! I think...

I'm actually now thinking of a way to get 25mm fans and TX240 together...I failed before but this build gave me some ideas. This is leviathan SF240 (29.6mm) and Kaze flex slim without pads (14.8mm).
Yikes at the CPU temp, as expected, dumping a ton of heat into that one 240mm rad is not ideal, especially with dual GPUs to kick the temp up. Am still waiting for the ST25 to arrive so I can complete this case :(

Reactions: DrHudacris

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
Ayy, I’m glad they work for you. I have 5 out of 6 out using acetone (last one being a bitch) so at this point I’ll prob order the ones from K&J for good measure. I’d like stronger ones anyway as I have some AIO tubes that need a little squishing in.

Edit: got that last bugger

Oh I would love for them to be stronger but as long as my side panels stop falling it works lol.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@DrHudacris I cannot find anymore the post where you were asking, BUT, here some low profile stop plug!

My DDC Magic Cube is literally compressed in-between the GPU and the front structure.

As a stop plug I am using the EKWB one that comes with the GPUs, etc, is one of the thinnest ever tried. There is another one, even thinner, but I don't remember the brand at all!

The Barrow linked is the thinnest I can find at the moment!

BTW, how is the LS240 (Bitspower)? I don't know If I want to try again the TX but with the 12mm NEW KazeFlex!