Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris I cannot find anymore the post where you were asking, BUT, here some low profile stop plug!

My DDC Magic Cube is literally compressed in-between the GPU and the front structure.

As a stop plug I am using the EKWB one that comes with the GPUs, etc, is one of the thinnest ever tried. There is another one, even thinner, but I don't remember the brand at all!

The Barrow linked is the thinnest I can find at the moment!

BTW, how is the LS240 (Bitspower)? I don't know If I want to try again the TX but with the 12mm NEW KazeFlex!

Thanks for these! It's so weird though,it look likes there is almost 0 clearance for any fitting in my case. Not sure.. possibly because my dual GPUs fitment isn't perfectly parallel with the case... I'm not changing it until Ampere!

I've not heard of 12mm Kaze flex... replacement for the slip stream?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Copied from my Reddit post. Discussion is encouraged there as to not clutter this thread further.

To get ahead of everyone here, this is what it looks like for the FOUNDERS EDITIONS cards. AIB cards have yet to be released at the time of this post.
  • The 3070 will for sure fit in the T1. This thing is TINY (242mm long, 112mm tall, 2 slot)
  • The 3080 will fit just fine in the T1. (285mm long, 112mm tall, 2 slot)
  • The 3090 might be just too long to fit in the T1 (313mm long, 138mm tall, 3 slot). The official supported length for GPUs in the T1 is 312.4mm, and the 3090 founders edition is 313, so it remains to be seen if it will actually fit. In terms of height (or width on Nvidia's site) it just barely fit this dimension.
THE BIGGEST THING WE HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND is that AIB partners (EVGA, Asus, MSI, etc.) will be making their own cooler and PCB designs, so those should not only fit better, but also cool better. Because, keep in mind the new method of cooling for the ampere GPUs, it doesn't look like it is going to be very sandwich case friendly, but it might work, it remains to be seen. But it does look like it will work great with more traditional SFF cases like the Ncase and NR200.

And please keep in mind, let's not get into "whAt ABoUt tHe TheRMAlS?!1" questions, because that all remains to be seen, we cannot speculate on this kind of stuff because no one has tested the cards yet. Posts that are purely or mostly about this topic will be removed from this subreddit as spam.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
the only way i see cooling being effective is a 3080 in the T1 in 3 slot mode with the gpu closest too the mesh side pannel, this way their should be enough clearance for the exhaust. obviously an assumption but i just dont really see the 3080 or the 3090 working very well if the exhaust is right up against the motherboard, this could also cause overheating on the mobo if that hot air is just blasting straight onto it and struggles to escape.

edit: this is for reference cooler obviously

Reactions: Navic