Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Hello, does the t1 support horizontal sata ports, like the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax has?

The motherboard will fit... But you might have troubles accessing the sata ports or using them when an SFX power supply is installed.

This style of SATA ports also has issues in the Dan A4 due to the proximity of the SFX power supply.

forte

Efficiency Noob
Jun 18, 2020
After seeing the Ghost S1 MKIII in Ceratoke White, I am 100% convinced I want a white color for my SFF. Hoping the white samples coming in next week will look fabulous and be available for pre-order, otherwise will definitely be ordering the Ghost in Arctic White in July.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
My new SF750 has just been delivered. It's been a very smooth RMA process via Corsair and i'm happy that i now have some extra cables to cut to length that belonged to the old SF750.
Interesting, the RMA info Corsair gave me was that any modular cables needed to be included with the return. Now just waiting for the replacement from Taiwan :(

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
After seeing the Ghost S1 MKIII in Ceratoke White, I am 100% convinced I want a white color for my SFF. Hoping the white samples coming in next week will look fabulous and be available for pre-order, otherwise will definitely be ordering the Ghost in Arctic White in July.

Either choice will be awesome. There are multiple shades of white Cerakote, but then one I had applied to my Mk I still looks and feels so damn amazing. I'm very excited Louqe figured out how to get production up to scale for Mk III. I know they mentioned that it would come at a premium, so I'm eager to see what the final cost comes out to on the new Arctic finish.

All of that said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the white finish on T1. I think the contrast with black mesh will look particularly fresh. And TBH, gunmetal is starting to win me over too hahah

Reactions: DrHudacris

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Either choice will be awesome. There are multiple shades of white Cerakote, but then one I had applied to my Mk I still looks and feels so damn amazing. I'm very excited Louqe figured out how to get production up to scale for Mk III. I know they mentioned that it would come at a premium, so I'm eager to see what the final cost comes out to on the new Arctic finish.

All of that said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the white finish on T1. I think the contrast with black mesh will look particularly fresh. And TBH, gunmetal is starting to win me over too hahah
It's $349. They already confirmed and it comes with their pcie4 riser cable.

forte

Efficiency Noob
Jun 18, 2020

Interesting, so regardless of color choice you can paint the case yourself? Do you have any instructions on this? I was thinking about the possibility for this, but was worried that things would be temporary/wear off and not sure what the right way to go about it is. I assume I would not be going to a home improvement store and buying any can of spray paint to apply the color. I assume the $349 price tag for a native white color (whatever the process is to make it white) would be of higher quality.

laplamgor

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2019
Speaking of extra radiators mounted externally, I was checking out some 40mm radiators from Alphacool and wondered if, with a one-slot graphics card(full cover block), could the remaining two slots be used to fit more radiators?

I made these mockups in Fusion 360 and the total thickness(GPU+rad) is 59.02mm, 0.18mm clear of the 59.20mm limit in three slot mode. The model of the card is a single slot Quadro but I reckon it should be similar to a full cover block. So maybe this configuration does technically work but it'd be hell to cable manage and run the tubings. Anyway just trying to have some fun :p

Edit: Just checked the height and it should be fine as well but there would be no space for tubes and fittings coming of the graphics card it seems ?

I had an similar idea before but realized that it was impractical to place the 40mm*N rad horizontally.
Basically, the riser cable of the GPU will block most of the air intake. And most likely you are forced to drive 2 or 3 rad with one DC-LT pump.

I ended up with this garbage concept: Downgrading the rads to two vertical double 40mm rads but with push pull fans.
Tubing will be easier as those rads can be directly connected to the GPU block with 90 degree fittings (of perfect height).
And fitting one more 1U pump top (alphacool LT or DDC) should solve any flow issue.
?gonna build this but still waiting v1.1 and big navi

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Interesting, so regardless of color choice you can paint the case yourself? Do you have any instructions on this? I was thinking about the possibility for this, but was worried that things would be temporary/wear off and not sure what the right way to go about it is. I assume I would not be going to a home improvement store and buying any can of spray paint to apply the color. I assume the $349 price tag for a native white color (whatever the process is to make it white) would be of higher quality.
Personally, I would say expect it around $100 more. But, surprisingly with Louqe I would say this new case actually adds more value to the case. I understand it's basically MJOLNIR level pricing now. But, pcie4 gen riser cable and look up local price of cerakoting at local gun shops. It would cost about that much anyway maybe $200. But, obviously we could go sky blue instead not just white. Ask any design logo, colors, whatever you want man.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

To your final point, yes absolutely getting the native white color will most likely be of higher quality!

I didn't color treat mine myself, but rather contracted with a local firearms shop (Cerakote was initially marketed for firearms customization, but is trying to expand now). The process-- as I understand it-- involves sandblasting the top, anodized layer of aluminum either completely off or at least mostly off as surface preparation. Then Cerakote is applied, and baked at a specific high temp to cure it. It's more the last part of curing at an appropriate temp that is *technically* doable with home equipment, but I would personally prefer to have contracted out to a certified applicator.

If you wanted to paint on your own, the surface prep step would be the same. Then whatever your paint application would be like.

To tie this back to the FormD T1: Going a custom route would likely be the very same. Tolerances on this case appear to be very tight, so something thin like Cerakote or electrophoresis (the E in E-White) is probably better than spray paint + clear coat or even powder coating which add more width. Cerakote has a lot more color options if you wanted to get fancy

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

There are many Youtube tutorials out there but personally I'd get a professional to do it

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Are theb750s on recall too like the sf600's? I just returned my 600 for a 750 :)
I have a SF600 sitting in a box I just got and have a 750 on its way now. Going to send back my SF600.

I was up in the air for a little bit. The 750 is more than i will need for power by far. Even if the RTX 3080 series pulls an extra 100 watts i would still be fine. Also it seems like the 750 can get louder which is one of my main focuses. Howerver, since i will be around the 350-400 Watt level, it is possible that the fan may never kick on for the 750, and when it does only when it will be gaming. There were a few review comments that made me question if I should stay with the 600, but ultimately i decided to go to 750 just so the fan wont come on at all most of the time.

Plus I had a 10% coupon for Corsair, so the price difference was only about $20.

ggrifter

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2020
I have a SF600 sitting in a box I just got and have a 750 on its way now. Going to send back my SF600.

I was up in the air for a little bit. The 750 is more than i will need for power by far. Even if the RTX 3080 series pulls an extra 100 watts i would still be fine. Also it seems like the 750 can get louder which is one of my main focuses. Howerver, since i will be around the 350-400 Watt level, it is possible that the fan may never kick on for the 750, and when it does only when it will be gaming. There were a few review comments that made me question if I should stay with the 600, but ultimately i decided to go to 750 just so the fan wont come on at all most of the time.

Plus I had a 10% coupon for Corsair, so the price difference was only about $20.
Lol are you me? I scoured the net for reviews and fan curves and I came to that exact same conclusion! I was put off with the difference in noise levels under load, but the 750 would operate more efficiently (~50% load) for me and thus would not have to work as hard or have the fan turn on as often. My price difference was exactly the same, I called Amazon and got lucky with the customer rep who gave me the 750 for the same price as a 600 because the 6 was damaged in shipping.

PS. I also answered my own question. Yes the 750s were affected in the recall.

Last edited: