Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I don't think *one DC-lT is enough for two radiators setup. Nothing stopping you from using *dual DC-LT. DDC is obviously ok.

I have 10/13 Koolance quick release, they have the best flow rate among the other QDCs.

EKWB FLT80 should not fit.
So you'd say there is space for a second DC-LT 40 in the chassis? Especially if I'm going with a TX240 and TX120 combo? If I were going to replace my current DC-LT with a DDC pump, I was under the impression the EKWB FLT80 was the most likely to fit.

Also, I'm using the Koolance 10/16 QDCs- you recommend utilizing them on the CPU block, GPU block, and radiators? They're pretty long- is there even space for that many?

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Priority Customer registration through a *credit card authorization (will not charge) will be added to website
It's likely you will have a chance to sign up early in the next weeks. Whether they identify you by email or some sort of order ID I don't know. Just, don't delete the email they sent you positioning you as a priority customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
It's likely you will have a chance to sign up early in the next weeks. Whether they identify you by email or some sort of order ID I don't know. Just don't delete the email they sent you positioning you like a priority customer for this drop :-)
Thank you!

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
This is a 700 page thread at this point - forgive me for not keeping up on it since the initial launch with the white case (that im totally not salty about missing out on 😒)

With the new volume of 9.95L is there a better performing option than the lt240 with slim noctua fans now?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
TX240 + 2x A12x25 chromax
oh nice, we can fit full size fans now? good use of the extra height.

thought the tx240 doesn't come as an AIO i don't think right?

sorry, should have clarified that i meant AIOs im not THAT into PC building :)

from this image i'm seeing I can fit a 280 in there? is that going to be worth it over 240s?

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
oh nice, we can fit full size fans now? good use of the extra height.

thought the tx240 doesn't come as an AIO i don't think right?

sorry, should have clarified that i meant AIOs im not THAT into PC building :)

from this image i'm seeing I can fit a 280 in there? is that going to be worth it over 240s?
280mm only possible on reference (if you have the right GPU), and only on sandwich if you're water-cooling your GPU with a very slim waterblock.

Reactions: hetvler

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
280mm only possible on reference (if you have the right GPU), and only on sandwich if you're water-cooling your GPU with a very slim waterblock.
well then i'll just stick with the build i was gonna do a year ago then since i have the stuff already anyways :)

ty

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
By the time the reference design is available the 4000 series is already around the corner. They plan to release that in 2022. That's the only thing that gives me pause whether I should get the reference model.
Would be useless to buy a case that I can only use for half a year if the new gpu's are bigger.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
By the time the reference design is available the 4000 series is already around the corner. They plan to release that in 2022. That's the only thing that gives me pause whether I should get the reference model.
Would be useless to buy a case that I can only use for half a year if the new gpu's are bigger.
While the length can be an issue, the high should not if you go water cooling.

To be fair, I think all the small cases like this one are already compromised by the cooling needs of the new Intel processors (I don't expect AMD to be more efficient with Zen 4 either). I comment on this because water cooling SSF builds will be (over time) a must if our builds target the most recent architectures. So either you move to a new GPU or new CPU or both, you will have to deal with the idea of not having enough cooling capacity in your current solution.

That said, the reference is (among the two) the safer bet because at least you have the change of the dual 240 or single 280 radiators. The reference gives also more compatibility with mobos and air coolers. Some air coolers need to be taller in order to be compatible with current Z690 heatsinks.

Anyways, this is all guesswork. Who knows what's lying ahead ...

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
While the length can be an issue, the high should not if you go water cooling.

To be fair, I think all the small cases like this one are already compromised by the cooling needs of the new Intel processors (I don't expect AMD to be more efficient with Zen 4 either). I comment on this because water cooling SSF builds will be (over time) a must if our builds target the most recent architectures. So either you move to a new GPU or new CPU or both, you will have to deal with the idea of not having enough cooling capacity in your current solution.

That said, the reference is (among the two) the safer bet because at least you have the change of the dual 240 or single 280 radiators. The reference gives also more compatibility with mobos and air coolers. Some air coolers need to be taller in order to be compatible with current Z690 heatsinks.

Anyways, this is all guesswork. Who knows what's lying ahead ...
Unless I'm missing something, reference does not give you the opportunity of dual 240. You could go single 280 or single 240 with reference.

Dual 240 only possible in sandwich.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Never mind, you're right. But that doesn't make the sandwich a better choice if we need taller CPU coolers or if CPU blocks also change in high.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Never mind, you're right. But that doesn't make the sandwich a better choice if we need taller CPU coolers or if CPU blocks also change in high.
I've been running the T1.1 for a while now.

AMD 5900x
G,Skill 32gb ram
2x 2TB adata sx8200pro
Asus x570-i
Corsair SF750 with black fan mod
Nvidia 3080TI founders edition
240mm rad with 3x 15mm noctua fans
EK ddc pump with Taobao metal pumpblock.

Before that I had a black T1 with I7 8700K 3080TUF and LT240

I'm not talking cooling capacity but whether the 4000 series will physically fit in the reference design in the future....
The whole point of the reference design to me is to not watercool the gpu but have it in the optimal place.

Made some new pics just now.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The reference layout has hard limits on n the height and thickness of the card. 2.25 slots and 115mm IIRC. Very few GPUs will meet the requirements and it is not what I'd recommend unless you are sure your GPU will fit.

With reference if your hardware doesn't fit, you're either going to need a different case or a different GPU. In sandwich if your air cooler doesn't fit, you can get an AIO. Sandwich will be much more forgiving and accommodating of hardware and reference is for those who want to air cool and have the right GPU.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you think an EK-FC Terminal angled could also be used to achieve this and route the tubes stacked on top of eachother?

Nice, let me get one and try.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I've been following from the shadows for a while, finally made an account just to ask:
Will the accessories be available at launch?
I'll be going sandwich with a pcie 4.0 riser, glass panel for the CPU side, and the usb-c front panel option, so those are the 3 I'm most interested in. Thanks for all the hard work on this W360!

Reactions: eedev

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
@RySean @DrHudacris: What about swapping the DC-LT2 for a 3600rpm model? Or are these too loud?

Never mind, just found some commentary from Alphacool (on a FormD reddit thread, no less!)

What about the pump top by itself? Though it's closer to a 80 DC-LT width, just shallower (sans pump dimensions?). Only difference is threaded ports vs 3 on the 40 and 80 res units.

Eisstation DC-LT Solo Top [PDF link]Eisstation 40 DC-LT [PDF link]Eisstation 80 DC-LT [PDF link]
50.62 x 50.62 x 37.2 mm60 x 40 x 40.48 mm50.62 x 50.62 x 77 mm
Just a top for the DC-LT/DC-LT2 pumpAlternate pump top with small res.
Thinner & longer
Literally the DC-LT Solo Top with a taller reservoir

Weirdly they still seem to offer dual-D5 pump tops (brass or acrylic) but no dual DC-LT2 :(

The closest product to a dual DC-LT2 top/res and is still offered is the mod kit for the Eisfach chiller but with the amount of work needed to make it viable for SFF, you may as well design your own custom dual pump top.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
@RySean @DrHudacris: What about swapping the DC-LT2 for a 3600rpm model? Or are these too loud?

Never mind, just found some commentary from Alphacool (on a FormD reddit thread, no less!)

What about the pump top by itself? Though it's closer to a 80 DC-LT width, just shallower (sans pump dimensions?). Only difference is threaded ports vs 3 on the 40 and 80 res units.

Eisstation DC-LT Solo Top [PDF link]Eisstation 40 DC-LT [PDF link]Eisstation 80 DC-LT [PDF link]
50.62 x 50.62 x 37.2 mm60 x 40 x 40.48 mm50.62 x 50.62 x 77 mm
Just a top for the DC-LT/DC-LT2 pumpAlternate pump top with small res.
Thinner & longer
Literally the DC-LT Solo Top with a taller reservoir

Weirdly they still seem to offer dual-D5 pump tops (brass or acrylic) but no dual DC-LT2 :(

The closest product to a dual DC-LT2 top/res and is still offered is the mod kit for the Eisfach chiller but with the amount of work needed to make it viable for SFF, you may as well design your own custom dual pump top.
Yeah, seems like the 3600rpm model doesn't provide any benefit unfortunately :'(

The Solo Top I haven't seen before, do you think I'd have an easier time fitting two of those vs two 40s? Or even one Solo with one 40?
Alphacool did used to offer the dual DC-LT top/res, but it's been discontinued- though it seems like that would be even larger than an EKWB FLT80 DDC pump- which would be far more capable.

The mod kit for the dual DDC top to allow two DC-LTs is even larger, so in that case I would DEFINITELY be better off with a single DDC, haha.