Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wow thanks for test fitting all this!

I suppose without filling you can't say whether the 1x DCLT will be enough flow?

Also another issue: the left GPU terminal has no where to go, there's no room for the tube to route (I think), unless super slim tubing across the front of the GPU block? Alternatively, 45 degree EK Terminal?

I will try the DDC block tomorrow, I think it will fit.

The SFX can move towards the motherboard to make room for terminal fitting on the TX240 next to the Side Panel. Also, you can flip the TX240 and move the terminals side next to the motherboard / CPU socket.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I will try the DDC block tomorrow, I think it will fit.

The SFX can move towards the motherboard to make room for terminal fitting on the TX240 next to the Side Panel. Also, you can flip the TX240 and move the terminals side next to the motherboard / CPU socket.
Oh yes that's true, but what about the GPU terminal? One port has a clear tubing path, but the other port (pointed towards the rear of the case), that tubing has no where to go. Is there enough space between side panel and GPU block for 13mm tubing?

Also, that spine solution is genius to get the 5mm increments of adjustment!

Reactions: JDuval

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Oh yes that's true, but what about the GPU terminal? One port has a clear tubing path, but the other port (pointed towards the rear of the case), that tubing has no where to go. Is there enough space between side panel and GPU block for 13mm tubing?

Also, that spine solution is genius to get the 5mm increments of adjustment!
Like you mentioned, I think the angled terminal is the only solution, but maybe my component size math is failing me and there is enough room between the block and side panel for a tube run?

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
@DrHudacris @RySean

Tried dual TX240 +DC-LT for a test fit today...just for you guys (I didn't fill loop, too busy right now).

1. Install EK RTX 3090 using EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90 fittings on GPU block, 10mm ID/ 13mm OD tube + quick release recommended
2. Install in 1.25-GPU slot
3. Install SFX where fan is facing the GPU side
4. Install Noctua NF-A12x25 on *first TX240 radiator, will need flat head or slim head screws to prevent interference, also quick release on tubes recommended
5. Install Mobo with CPU block, also quick release on tubes recommended
6. Install Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax.Black.Swap on *second TX240 radiator, also quick release on tubes recommended
7. Install second TX240 to Fan Bracket and secure to the motherboard side of the case (approximately 5mm space left from SFX)
8. Install DC-LT and connect loop, quick release makes life a lot easier.
9. flip the case where the DC-LT is towards the ground

That's a very nice fit - thanks for testing this. Going off the images, it looks like the TX240 crossflow might fit in both those locations, though I'm unsure about room for the connectors. Is anyone able to make an educated guess on this?

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
@DrHudacris @RySean

Tried dual TX240 +DC-LT for a test fit today...just for you guys (I didn't fill loop, too busy right now).

1. Install EK RTX 3090 using EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90 fittings on GPU block, 10mm ID/ 13mm OD tube + quick release recommended
2. Install in 1.25-GPU slot
3. Install SFX where fan is facing the GPU side
4. Install Noctua NF-A12x25 on *first TX240 radiator, will need flat head or slim head screws to prevent interference, also quick release on tubes recommended
5. Install Mobo with CPU block, also quick release on tubes recommended
6. Install Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax.Black.Swap on *second TX240 radiator, also quick release on tubes recommended
7. Install second TX240 to Fan Bracket and secure to the motherboard side of the case (approximately 5mm space left from SFX)
8. Install DC-LT and connect loop, quick release makes life a lot easier.
9. flip the case where the DC-LT is towards the ground

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for testing that out :-)

Like @DrHudacris said- I wonder if the DC-LT will have enough flow, otherwise I can always replace my current one with a DDC block if it fits.

Which quick release connectors are you referring to? I have a Koolance QDC connector (link to female, link to male) in the middle of one of my tubes which is fairly large (about 2 inches from one end to the other), but it sounds like you're talking about some other quick release connectors on terminals.

Last edited:

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
This has been asked before, by the experts above, but the red run indicated in the image below likely does not fit. 1.25 slots = 25mm, leaving only 5mm for the tube to run down between the GPU block and side panel. There may be some extra space to the side panel but it would be surprising to be 8mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomo and biopunk

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
That's a very nice fit - thanks for testing this. Going off the images, it looks like the TX240 crossflow might fit in both those locations, though I'm unsure about room for the connectors. Is anyone able to make an educated guess on this?
I've used the crossflow up top and on the side in the current version of the T1 (1.1) so I expect it'll fit in both locations on 2.0 as well.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This has been asked before, by the experts above, but the red run indicated in the image below likely does not fit. 1.25 slots = 25mm, leaving only 5mm for the tube to run down between the GPU block and side panel. There may be some extra space to the side panel but it would be surprising to be 8mm.

Upon close inspection, I think it's 1.5 slot (looking at the screw holes of the spine to rear and front frames). So maybe 10-12mm? So...maybe?!

Reactions: cennis and JDuval

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
Will I be able to use my priority status when white is available (whenever that is)?

Edit: Sorry if this was a dumb question. But I recall a while back that white was slated to eventually be available for v1.5 and I assumed that held true for v2.0.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@DrHudacris @JDuval @RySean @cennis

In 1.5 GPU slot mode, you have to use a 180 degree U shape fitting, or manifold, or flow meter to run the GPU block water tubes stacked on top of each other.

To that end, there is 40mm of space above the GPU block for this installation. It will require careful fitting planning.

On another note. As I suspected, DDC pump + *low profile heatsink (must be low profile) could work in this setup.

NiiRoZz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 15, 2021
I’m a little confused about the wording in the latest update. Will non-priority customers have the chance to be part of the first wave? Or is that only limited to priority and non-priority can only start ordering with the second wave?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Crossflow with low profile fittings will work.

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris and Nomo

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for testing that out :-)

Like @DrHudacris said- I wonder if the DC-LT will have enough flow, otherwise I can always replace my current one with a DDC block if it fits.

Which quick release connectors are you referring to? I have a Koolance QDC connector (link to female, link to male) in the middle of one of my tubes which is fairly large (about 2 inches from one end to the other), but it sounds like you're talking about some other quick release connectors on terminals.

@Wahaha360 bump on my question about the quick release connectors you had mentioned.

In 1.5 GPU slot mode, you have to use a 180 degree U shape fitting, or manifold, or flow meter to run the GPU block water tubes stacked on top of each other.

To that end, there is 40mm of space above the GPU block for this installation. It will require careful fitting planning.

On another note. As I suspected, DDC pump + *low profile heatsink (must be low profile) could work in this setup.

Also, when you say low profile heatsink here, do you know if the EKWB FLT 80 would fit? "Size (HxWxT): 120x80x64mm (with the mounting system)"

Reactions: cennis

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 bump on my question about the quick release connectors you had mentioned.

Also, when you say low profile heatsink here, do you know if the EKWB FLT 80 would fit? "Size (HxWxT): 120x80x64mm (with the mounting system)"

I don't think *one DC-lT is enough for two radiators setup. Nothing stopping you from using *dual DC-LT. DDC is obviously ok.

I have 10/13 Koolance quick release, they have the best flow rate among the other QDCs.

EKWB FLT80 should not fit.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
@Wahaha360 haven't you considered making a distro plate as frontal panel? Then, you could make the current 2 tones just a cover or half a cover for the distro.

Seen how W demanding is the future of the pc builds, like some fanless cases do, sff cases should start making integrated solutions. Fanless seems unlikely today, but water cooling seems doble.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021

Do you think an EK-FC Terminal angled could also be used to achieve this and route the tubes stacked on top of eachother?

Reactions: JDuval and mskz1192

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will I be able to use my priority status when white is available (whenever that is)?

Edit: Sorry if this was a dumb question. But I recall a while back that white was slated to eventually be available for v1.5 and I assumed that held true for v2.0.

Yes.

I’m a little confused about the wording in the latest update. Will non-priority customers have the chance to be part of the first wave? Or is that only limited to priority and non-priority can only start ordering with the second wave?

Yes.

Pretty sure some priority customer no longer want the case, or don’t want current colors available. If first wave more than priority sign up, it will be first come first serve.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Yes.

Yes.

Pretty sure some priority customer no longer want the case, or don’t want current colors available. If first wave more than priority sign up, it will be first come first serve.
Excellent news. i've been away from the forum for a while - how do we go about using our priority. I know I have one from the white colorway a while back.

Reactions: ellroy80