Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Oh right, forgot to address this. With the PSU offset fully, and a GPU waterblock about 280mm max, you may be able to squeeze a 1U ES DDC in, or most any plain DDC top (probably). With shorter blocks (240mm?) perhaps the EK DDC FLT 80. Just spitballing off dimensions.
Gotcha, I'm running the EKWB RTX 3080FE block on my GPU. The dimensions on the block itself are 205x100x29mm

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Oh right, forgot to address this. With the PSU offset fully, and a GPU waterblock about 280mm max, you may be able to squeeze a 1U ES DDC in, or most any plain DDC top (probably). With shorter blocks (240mm?) perhaps the EK DDC FLT 80. Just spitballing off dimensions.
Yep, looks like someone is running the EK DDC FLT 80 with the same GPU and GPU block as me here:
Sounds like maybe I should go with that along with a TX120 plus a single Noctua slim. I would expect that to be capable enough to cool my CPU/GPU. Thanks so much for your help!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will it be possible to secure tx240 paired with 25 mm fans to the case with 8 screws? Or is it secured to the case with an 120 mm bracket (ie 4 screws on one side of the radiator)?

Both possible, you can secure it to the Top/Bottom panel on the case or the Fan bracket, your can choose.

@Wahaha360 When you have time, can you post a pic with a sfx psu in the reference. I just want to visually see if my existing sandwich cables would work in reference. Mainly the 24pin. No rush though.

Joining the question - for Sandwich layout. I have custom cables for Sliger SM550 and reusing the cables (24pin especially) will make the purchase no-brainer.

You should be able to use the same PSU cables, see image below for more info.

Seconding this, maybe with an angle to see how much clearance between the SFX PSU in Reference layout and the side panel over it. I want to get a sense of how much space there might be for radiator + fan on the PSU side as well as the motherboard side.

Save some stuff for upcoming reviews, I show you guys everything, they got nothing else to video :p

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Let's put it this way, you have about 125mm total interior width of the case. 65 for the PSU, 20mm for rad, 15mm for fan, you have 25mm (aka 1.25 slots) left. Could you perhaps sacrifice the fan on that side and gain 15mm more space? Sure, but at that point, why go through the trouble of using 2 240mm rads if you're putting only 1 fan and a slim fan at that?

Oh awesome! In that case would you recommend getting the HJ and side mounting it with slim Noctuas? Or would you suggest getting a TX120 for the side mount and buy a DDC pump? In both cases I'd be keeping my TX240 on the top mount position (assuming that's plausible).

Presumably the HJ option would provide better cooling than the TX120 route?

@DrHudacris, 130mm of interior width for the the case.

@RySean, let me try and get the DC-LT for my dual TX240.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

1. T1 V1.1 custom cable should work for V2.
2. TX240 can fit flush with the Top/Bottom panel to allow more versatility.
3. Where is @fabio, time to test.

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021
There is no bracket included with the v2.0 to flip the PSU, so unless you want to make your own bracket or have a PSU with mounting holes on both sides of it, that's not going to be possible.
I caught an anouncement like that by @Wahaha360 earlier I believe. I might make mounting holes on the other side of the psu for this. Unless someone perhaps has the old backet left over and that still works on the V2.
Or maybe @Wahaha360 is willing to change his mind for cable management purposes. Since I recall his reason not to offer this anymore was because of it not yielding meaningful thermal advantages.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Is this the entire interior width from side panel to side panel? If so, what is the interior width in the reference configuration from the motherboard tray to the opposite side panel?
I would venture ~15-16 mm more than the CPU cooler clearance (socket height, PCB thickness, ATX standard motherboard standoff height). Which pretty much lines up with the 130mm for sandwich.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I caught an anouncement like that by @Wahaha360 earlier I believe. I might make mounting holes on the other side of the psu for this. Unless someone perhaps has the old backet left over and that still works on the V2.
Or maybe @Wahaha360 is willing to change his mind for cable management purposes. Since I recall his reason not to offer this anymore was because of it not yielding meaningful thermal advantages.
I would HIGHLY suggest against putting holes into your PSU. That could damage the PSU, and if you don't know what you're doing, even kill you. Seriously, don't do this.
The easier and much safer solution is to just get some metal and fabricate your own flip bracket by just drilling 4 holes where they are needed.

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
I have the Gigabyte Eagle 3070 OC which is 115x282mm (41mm thick). So this would not fit in reference layout?

Also... when can we expect reviews? :D
@Wahaha360 any chance we could get a comment on this please? :)

Also, any chance we could get an update to what shipping availability will look like? Last time I saw an update on this it looked like it wouldn't be possible to ship to Sweden. Please tell me this has changed since? 🥺

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I have the Gigabyte Eagle 3070 OC which is 115x282mm (41mm thick). So this would not fit in reference layout?

Also... when can we expect reviews? :D

@Wahaha360 any chance we could get a comment on this please? :)

Also, any chance we could get an update to what shipping availability will look like? Last time I saw an update on this it looked like it wouldn't be possible to ship to Sweden. Please tell me this has changed since? 🥺

Gigabyte Eagle 3070 OC *has recessed 6+2 pin connectors, which leads me to think it will fit with 180 degree molex connectors.

Review samples are being prepared as we speak, having some packing issues - I know, it's bit ridiculous to be held back by packaging, but wrong packaging costs more for shipping and could damage the parts during shipping.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-11-11: Preparing review units and website for launch!​

Preparing to send review units as we speak, and hoping for an epyc review 🙂.

Latest Timeline:
  1. send review sample next weekend
  2. ship to first wave customer (targeting this month, November)
  3. start shipping to everyone else within 30 days of first wave (targeting December)

For the website, priority people, and launch, we are working on the website now. Since we are in peak season (holidays), with ongoing global supply chain issues and shipping complications. We need to know which shipping *countries for launch so product arrive sooner. To that end:
  • All configuration of T1 *available and planned for 2022 will be shown on the website.
  • T1 V2 configuration comparison, optimization suggestions, and accessories will be discussed via official website blog post.
  • Priority Customer registration through a *credit card authorization (will not charge) will be added to website
  • Non-priority, or regular customer *credit card authorization (will not charge) will be added to website.
T1 configuration data, Shipping country will help us optimize T1 availability, price, import fee for you guys!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@DrHudacris @RySean

Tried dual TX240 +DC-LT for a test fit today...just for you guys (I didn't fill loop, too busy right now).

1. Install EK RTX 3090 using EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90 fittings on GPU block, 10mm ID/ 13mm OD tube + quick release recommended
2. Install in 1.25-GPU slot
3. Install SFX where fan is facing the GPU side
4. Install Noctua NF-A12x25 on *first TX240 radiator, will need flat head or slim head screws to prevent interference, also quick release on tubes recommended
5. Install Mobo with CPU block, also quick release on tubes recommended
6. Install Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax.Black.Swap on *second TX240 radiator, also quick release on tubes recommended
7. Install second TX240 to Fan Bracket and secure to the motherboard side of the case (approximately 5mm space left from SFX)
8. Install DC-LT and connect loop, quick release makes life a lot easier.
9. flip the case where the DC-LT is towards the ground

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris @RySean

Tried dual TX240 +DC-LT for a test fit today...just for you guys (I didn't fill loop, too busy right now).

1. Install EK RTX 3090 using EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90 fittings on GPU block, 10mm ID/ 13mm OD tube + quick release recommended
2. Install in 1.25-GPU slot
3. Install SFX where fan is facing the GPU side
4. Install Noctua NF-A12x25 on *first TX240 radiator, will need flat head or slim head screws to prevent interference, also quick release on tubes recommended
5. Install Mobo with CPU block, also quick release on tubes recommended
6. Install Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax.Black.Swap on *second TX240 radiator, also quick release on tubes recommended
7. Install second TX240 to Fan Bracket and secure to the motherboard side of the case (approximately 5mm space left from SFX)
8. Install DC-LT and connect loop, quick release makes life a lot easier.
9. flip the case where the DC-LT is towards the ground

Wow thanks for test fitting all this!

I suppose without filling you can't say whether the 1x DCLT will be enough flow?

Also another issue: the left GPU terminal has no where to go, there's no room for the tube to route (I think), unless super slim tubing across the front of the GPU block? Alternatively, 45 degree EK Terminal?

Reactions: JankyWrender