Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
To downsize or not?

Do you think it'll make dual rad build in 2.0 easier (and maybe even fit a tiny res a bit easier) if I were to downsize to 3080TI FE with EK block? I currently have 3090 FE with EK block and fitting pump/res was a tough as is. I'd imagine it won't be easier with dual rad build.

I have an opportunity to buy 3080ti FE at MSRP...what to do...

Why not just stock air cool 3080TI and single 240 on CPU? I suppose you can air cool Ryzen CPUs as well in V2.0.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How are we doing here? It's been months since I last saw some sort of update on an estimated release schedule (which at that time said August(?)). I've been waiting with all my components on my shelf for a year now and I can't wait much longer before getting a chassi... Please tell me that this will be out soon?
I'm with you,feening for an update on 2.0 , but if you need a case soonish, just get a cheap holdover case for now.
As of some thread discussion a couple of weeks ago here, I believe big boss W360 has gone into head-down implementation mode and won't be trickling out as many small, incremental status updates as before. Those little trickles had a habit of ruffling feathers since many of those incremental updates / ancillary discussions might be subject to change-- rather than being official announcements for eager buyers to plan around.

I am with @DrHudacris in slapping my forearm veins regularly when I refresh this thread for the next official update 🙃
Lol yeah I think the community spooked W360 off of incremental updates when people got a lil testy over the last one unfortunately....
Yeah I think I was responsible for a lot of that discussion and frankly I think waiting to release updates when he actually has something concrete is the better approach. As of right now it seems that there’s no definitive release date for the V2.0, and I anticipate it’ll remain so for the next month or 2 at least (the batch for testers will be the first indication, and we still haven’t even gotten a whiff of that yet).
Cross fingers and hope for the best, the next drop can be as short as the one in August. It basically means, no T1 for everybody :-(
I hope, we all get one!

I been stock piling so V2 doesn't sell out too quickly and blow up customer support, and enrage the internet at the same time.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-10-19: Product ready, website and packaging not so much. Will keep stock piling so it doesn't sell out immediately and enrage the internet.​

Highlights:
- Aluminum Mesh Panels SHOCKINGLY good compare to the older Steel Mesh, even surprising for us.
- T1-Reference with Noctua C14S on AMD 5950X runs nice with FE3080.
- MSI Suprim X just not for SFF, no performance benefit over ROG, much longer, why MSI! why!
- HWL 280GTS is a really tight fit in both T1-Reference and T1-Sandwich, recommended only for nutters.

One of these is the older steel mesh, the other new aluminum mesh! Unibody + CNCed Aluminum Mesh Panels 1) began as joke and 2) used as a torture test for manufacturing, but now it's no longer a prototype, and it's shockingly good.

After we launch T1 V2, we are going to test Transparent Aluminum 😝

Last edited:

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
What a wonderful way to start the morning!

Can't wait to make and see some new builds!

EDIT: Starting to spin up builds in my head - does anyone have thoughts on what the better performer would be between:
30mm radiator + 15mm fans
20mm radiator + 25mm fans?
?

Considering picking up a nice 30mm rad to do some testing once this comes out, but maybe somebody already knows what the story is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
What a wonderful way to start the morning!

Can't wait to make and see some new builds!

EDIT: Starting to spin up builds in my head - does anyone have thoughts on what the better performer would be between:
30mm radiator + 15mm fans
20mm radiator + 25mm fans?
?

Considering picking up a nice 30mm rad to do some testing once this comes out, but maybe somebody already knows what the story is.
20mm rad + 25mm fans is better

Reactions: JDuval

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018

2021-10-19: Product ready, website and packaging not so much. Will keep stock piling so it doesn't sell out immediately and enrage the internet.​

Highlights:
- Aluminum Mesh Panels SHOCKINGLY good compare to the older Steel Mesh, even surprising for us.
- MSI Suprim X just not for SFF, no performance benefit over ROG, much longer, why MSI! why!
- HWL 280GTS is a really tight fit in both T1-Reference and T1-Sandwich, recommended only for nutters.

One of these is the older steel mesh, the other new aluminum mesh! Unibody + CNCed Aluminum Mesh Panels 1) began as joke and 2) used as a torture test for manufacturing, but now it's no longer a prototype, and it's shockingly good.

Ahem... So wen order? 😍

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

Highlights:

Even Im really happy with my T1 V1.1, can't wait to see all the new crazy possibilities with this new version.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Not this year, 2022Q2 yes.

I'm thinking about offering a raw version, so people can paint themselves if in a hurry.
This is an amazing idea and I hope it comes through. People who love to customize their cases as well as people who like that bare aluminum industrial look would also be happy.
Are those a mesh and tempered glass front panels? Will solid front panels be making a return?
Would really like to know this as well. Looking at the exploded version, it looks like there's a front mesh and a front TG panel, so I'd like to know if a solid front panel is an option as well. Two-tone might be that option though, with the mesh front panel being default. Just guessing tho.