Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If one doesn’t adapt or evolve, one gets left behind. As the OG SFF case and the trailblazer for this wonderful hobby we are all a part of, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

I have wanted to do a major overhaul on the M1 for many years. However, our manufacturing stability and its limitations, became a design and product feature limitation over the years.

Necere and I have been working together and separately on an update for the M1 for some time.

Necere, has some ideas of his own and is heading towards a different direction than me, let's call his idea M2. Myself, with the experience gained from T1, has allowed me to re-imagined an update to the M1 called M1EVO.

The better product should be executed, and that's net plus for SFF.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have wanted to do a major overhaul on the M1 for many years. However, our manufacturing stability and its limitations, became a design and product feature limitation over the years.

Necere and I have been working together and separately on an update for the M1 for some time.

Necere, has some ideas of his own and is heading towards a different direction than me, let's call his idea M2. Myself, with the experience gained from T1, has allowed me to re-imagined an update to the M1 called M1EVO.

It would be exciting to see M2 vs M1 EVO and, indeed, may the better product comes out.

BUT, is there anyone out there who secretly (like me) hoping for a tied result and thus both M2 and M1 EVO make it to production. Then, the SFF community will have two choices!

I mean, one is great but two is always greater than one, mathematically and contributionally (yes, I just made up this word...you know what I mean) to the SFF community. ✌️>👍

High five🖐

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

Do you know when it'll be available roughly? Very interested in the design as I've always felt the case was the best overall but dated in looks.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
...hoping for a tied result and thus both M2 and M1 EVO make it to production. Then, the SFF community will have two choices!

I don’t want to change M1 look, just features and build quality.

You better off following up with Necere’s M2, he plans to change the look.

This would be the dream. M1 (retired), and then M1 EVO + M2. Ncase has the name and history to deserve a proper portfolio like that IMHO!

EDIT: And now back to our regularly scheduled programming... T1 v2.0 Reference layout is already getting some namechecks over on /r/SFFPC with regards to alternatives to Ncase's riser-less build. The more the merrier?

Last edited:

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
It depends on the size of the next drop :-)
If that "more the merrier" is translated into a larger drop (something I suspect won't happen) then yes.
@Wahaha360 how do you size drops? I guess it's the manufacturer who sets a hard cap, given the current situation.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

Totally understandable. Just to clarify, I want to say that my statement wasn’t a negative toward the M1 at all. It’s one of the most innovative cases ever, and the V5 I had still holds up as one of my favorite cases I’ve had the pleasure of building in. I don’t think it suffered from anything, and if it wasn’t for the T1, I’d own the latest version of the M1 instead. My statement was more to say that I’m excited to see the next iteration of what I deem as one of the most innovative cases of its time. :)
I don’t want to change M1 look, just features and build quality.

You better off following up with Necere’s M2, he plans to change the look.
The M1 aesthetic is iconic, and I think changing that too much would be a mistake. I’ll look very forward to what you both come up with, either way. :)

Reactions: JDuval and rfarmer

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
I am a believer that more choice is better, to a point. It can become a confusing mess when taken too far. I don't see that problem here. As a consumer, I don't like being locked into something specific, like a brand or limited with parts choice by size or lack of size.

Reactions: Nomo

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
To downsize or not?

Do you think it'll make dual rad build in 2.0 easier (and maybe even fit a tiny res a bit easier) if I were to downsize to 3080TI FE with EK block? I currently have 3090 FE with EK block and fitting pump/res was a tough as is. I'd imagine it won't be easier with dual rad build.

I have an opportunity to buy 3080ti FE at MSRP...what to do...

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
How are we doing here? It's been months since I last saw some sort of update on an estimated release schedule (which at that time said August(?)). I've been waiting with all my components on my shelf for a year now and I can't wait much longer before getting a chassi... Please tell me that this will be out soon?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
How are we doing here? It's been months since I last saw some sort of update on an estimated release schedule (which at that time said August(?)). I've been waiting with all my components on my shelf for a year now and I can't wait much longer before getting a chassi... Please tell me that this will be out soon?
I'm with you,feening for an update on 2.0 , but if you need a case soonish, just get a cheap holdover case for now.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
As of some thread discussion a couple of weeks ago here, I believe big boss W360 has gone into head-down implementation mode and won't be trickling out as many small, incremental status updates as before. Those little trickles had a habit of ruffling feathers since many of those incremental updates / ancillary discussions might be subject to change-- rather than being official announcements for eager buyers to plan around.

I am with @DrHudacris in slapping my forearm veins regularly when I refresh this thread for the next official update 🙃

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
As of some thread discussion a couple of weeks ago here, I believe big boss W360 has gone into head-down implementation mode and won't be trickling out as many small, incremental status updates as before. Those little trickles had a habit of ruffling feathers since many of those incremental updates / ancillary discussions might be subject to change-- rather than being official announcements for eager buyers to plan around.

I am with @DrHudacris in slapping my forearm veins regularly when I refresh this thread for the next official update 🙃
Yeah I think I was responsible for a lot of that discussion and frankly I think waiting to release updates when he actually has something concrete is the better approach. As of right now it seems that there’s no definitive release date for the V2.0, and I anticipate it’ll remain so for the next month or 2 at least (the batch for testers will be the first indication, and we still haven’t even gotten a whiff of that yet).

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Cross fingers and hope for the best, the next drop can be as short as the one in August. It basically means, no T1 for everybody :-(
I hope, we all get one!