Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Is Corsair LPX the only RAM that works in 3-slot mode without issue while using an AIO?

I was hoping to still use RGB ram if possible, but even with Crucial Ballistix RGB it seems like it'll be a very tight fit at best.

Doesn't help that the Ballistix and other options are faster and/or have better timings, too, at 32GB 3600.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Is Corsair LPX the only RAM that works in 3-slot mode without issue while using an AIO?

I was hoping to still use RGB ram if possible, but even with Crucial Ballistix RGB it seems like it'll be a very tight fit at best.

Doesn't help that the Ballistix and other options are faster and/or have better timings, too, at 32GB 3600.

Corsair LPX is great for this application or the g. Skill ram

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
If that's the case, I can w
Watercooling UK said to me they expect TX240 in stock around at the end of October.
I'll wait a bit! I expect my case to arrive at the end of November anyway. Just enough time to stock up on the necessary parts ?

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Corsair LPX is great for this application or the g. Skill ram

By G.Skill, I assume you mean Ripjaws? Because it's apparently even taller than their Trident Z Neo RGB ram at 42mm? (compared to 41mm on the Trident Z Neo)

My primary issue with the LPX is that their 32GB 3600mhz has the worst first-word-latency and CAS Latency at 10ms and 18, compared to 8.889ms and 16 on all the other 32GB sets I'm looking at. Not to mention the timing is the worst at 18-22-22-42 compared to 16-19-19-39 on the G Skill sticks and 16-18-18-38 on the Crucial Ballistix RGB.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
By G.Skill, I assume you mean Ripjaws? Because it's apparently even taller than their Trident Z Neo RGB ram at 42mm? (compared to 41mm on the Trident Z Neo)

My primary issue with the LPX is that their 32GB 3600mhz has the worst first-word-latency and CAS Latency at 10ms and 18, compared to 8.889ms and 16 on all the other 32GB sets I'm looking at. Not to mention the timing is the worst at 18-22-22-42 compared to 16-19-19-39 on the G Skill sticks and 16-18-18-38 on the Crucial Ballistix RGB.

I was talking about their Trident Z Neo RGB sticks.

There are plenty of builds using them including me with no issues what so ever and I am using a noctua l12.

Talk to @fabio, he will be able to recommend what's best since he's done a half dozen different builds in the case since April.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I was talking about their Trident Z Neo RGB sticks.

There are plenty of builds using them including me with no issues what so ever and I am using a noctua l12.

Builds in 3-slot mode with an AIO? I haven't seen any builds with Trident Z Neo RGB sticks that also use an AIO in 3-slot mode yet, probably because the clearance from the motherboard is only 50.2mm in that mode, leaving only 9.2mm for AIO tubing. Is there maybe a different way of routing the tubing that I'm not considering?

Talk to @fabio, he will be able to recommend what's best since he's done a half dozen different builds in the case since April.

Thanks for the reference - I hope Fabio has some advice for me.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Builds in 3-slot mode with an AIO? I haven't seen any builds with Trident Z Neo RGB sticks that also use an AIO in 3-slot mode yet, probably because the clearance from the motherboard is only 50.2mm in that mode, leaving only 9.2mm for AIO tubing. Is there maybe a different way of routing the tubing that I'm not considering?

Thanks for the reference - I hope Fabio has some advice for me.

Best advice I can give you is go in the reddit and look at the AIO builds, don't ask a question because you already asked it here but look at the specs of the builds and pick one you like. I think there are at least 50 of them to look through.

EDIT:

You already have your answer on reddit, saw your post.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Best advice I can give you is go in the reddit and look at the AIO builds, don't ask a question because you already asked it here but look at the specs of the builds and pick one you like. I think there are at least 50 of them to look through.

EDIT:

You already have your answer on reddit, saw your post.

I've been looking through the builds on the subreddit but haven't seen any of the taller ram on any of the 3-slot builds yet - though I'll keep my eyes out.

Regarding 'my answer' - to which of the 'I don't know but probably not' answers that I've gotten are you referring to?

To my knowledge I haven't gotten anything definitive, which was why I posted here.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I've been looking through the builds on the subreddit but haven't seen any of the taller ram on any of the 3-slot builds yet - though I'll keep my eyes out.

Regarding 'my answer' - to which of the 'I don't know but probably not' answers that I've gotten are you referring to?

To my knowledge I haven't gotten anything definitive, which was why I posted here.

G.Skill Trident Z neo is 44 mm high so there will not be any issues in 3 slot mode.

Last edited:

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
GFs computer just shit the bed so we need to run to microcenter, can someone tell me really quickly if the LT240 AIO supports a 15+25mm fan or just 2 15mm fans. might snag those while i'm there real quick.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
GFs computer just shit the bed so we need to run to microcenter, can someone tell me really quickly if the LT240 AIO supports a 15+25mm fan or just 2 15mm fans. might snag those while i'm there real quick.

It won't fit a 25mm fan with a lt240 because of mobo clearance.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Is there a way to use a corsair H100i with it though? The AIO tubes would need to run over it.

Most likely, you might be able to figure something out, there is no simple answer for that. With the amount of parts available there are literally thousands of combinations. Best advice I can offer is build the case and figure it out as you go. Nobody can tell you what you need for your specific build. There are always unknowns, you eliminate what you can and work around the rest.

I used to work construction and install pipe. The blueprints showed us where to install the pipe and how far off the floor down to the mm but we had to move it around sometimes. You can't plan for everything.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Is there a way to use a corsair H100i with it though? The AIO tubes would need to run over it.
could you not run the tubes out the other side, i.e. 180deg flip the block? that way you can route the tubes around the Ram?
i.e. like this guy did: Yes, he is running LP Ram, but if you take a look at where his tubes are routed is what I am pointing out, he is also running chunky ass power cables so with some custom cables you will have even more room.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
could you not run the tubes out the other side, i.e. 180deg flip the block? that way you can route the tubes around the Ram?
i.e. like this guy did: Yes, he is running LP Ram, but if you take a look at where his tubes are routed is what I am pointing out, he is also running chunky ass power cables so with some custom cables you will have even more room.
I've been talking to BRS on reddit, and the main point of the conversation is that the tubes will most likely have to go over the RAM, and with taller RAM (like Trident Z RGB) that can make things really difficult, or even impossible.
Something that could be done is this: instead of having the tubes go over the RAM, the tubes can go above the RAM, but this might cause problems with the tubes rubbing up against the fan (as I think I had experienced). Plus, this all depends on how far up the motherboard positions the RAM. If the RAM is pushed too far up, then there's no space for the tubes.
I do think that you can make the taller RAM work, but personally, I would stay safe and get lower profile RAM.
I'll open my system up and see if I can give more of a definitive answer, and then I'll edit this post.

EDIT: It looks like it will fit, almost perfectly. Here's an image of the clearance between my Corsair LPX and a single H100i tube right up against the side panel, and here's an image of the Corsair LPX overlayed over the Trident Z Neo, so you can see if you think the extra height will be a problem. Now you've got me wanting to get some new RAM...

Last edited:

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I actually have a couple of these on the way, but I don't think they will clear the EKWB Torque fittings from hitting the block.
I used them in my Ghost build. They are great for fitting flush against the surface that you screw them into, but that means the fittings on the other end must be flush.

However, the 90 degree part extends a little bit away from the center of the original mounting hole. The net effect is that if they reach far enough, they can extend off the edge of that flush surface and give you more room for the next fitting. To give an example, my EK 2080Ti Vector block ran into this problem when I tried to aim them along the card. But, turning them 90 degrees to point downward, and suddenly the compression fittings fit because the block terminal has a bit of an overhang between the terminal and the face of the card. It restricted me to have the tubes descend down from the terminal block, but that worked just fine for routing the rest of the tubes.

On the Aquanaut, it may mean that you can't have the tubes exiting parallel to the pump as the distance to the edge of the block looks too great. But, if you can do the routing so that they point directly away from the pump, then it looks like they will clear the edge of the block in that direction. I'm guessing that will mean either a vertical orientation of the pump/block or passing the tubes over some really really low profile RAM.

Here is a picture of how I got clearance from the EK block terminal with compression fittings:

Reactions: ponster