Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Awesome build, love the RGB! Do you have some RGB in your mainbioard (backside), some extra or is your distroplate RGB-capable? Would a similar look be able to pull off with an aircooled card (nothing special, an RX590 red dragon) ?

If it's the mainboard (asus X570, right?), do you thing the b450 would also work?

Regarding the B450 I'd argue it depends on what processor your are planning to use in your build and what spec / IO you want to get from your board.

About the RGB for an air cooled RX590, the only thing I could think of is removing the shroud and replacing the fans with some rgb ones.
As far as I know you'd then need to either get fans with split pwm / rgb cables and get adaptors to connect the pwm to the gpu fan-header and the rgb to a controller of some sort, or connect the fans entirely to the motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
Here are some quick shots of my current build.
Running a 3700x and Asus 2070 super.
Cooling with Alphacool lt120 with custom tubes.

Temperatures are pretty good, 30-40c idle, around 60 while gaming, running prime95 pushes it to 70-80.

Gpu temps are also fine, 60-65 while gaming.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wahaha360
Been loving the case design and build quality, happy to know that we can get it soon.
Are customers in Hong Kong expected to place orders via QQ group, or using the up coming website?

If you want the case asap, then QQ

If you want are not in a rush, then wait for the website.

Reactions: Gerold

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
My case is getting processed in LA by customs! Should get here Wednesday if USPS is to be believed!
Won't be able to test to see if the corsair rad will fit though, but I can probably get some measurements and see if it will hypothetically fit. I'm also interested to see if the H60 will cool my undervolted 3600 better than my kraken x52 in the ghost, because right now my CPU usually hits around 84c when running folding@home on both the CPU and the GPU.

johannbl

Chassis Packer
Jan 15, 2016
I finally got the package. There was no custom fee for me to pay as the declared value of the parts (46.80$) was well under the allowed limit. I'll fill in the survey once I'm done moving my current pc to this new case. The package said signature required but I didn't sign anything, Canada Post just left the package without even ringing my doorbell. That's probably due to the current world events.

The package design is pretty smart. I've never seen a box this small for a PC case. This is not just good for shipping fees.. It's just smart.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
For the curious, tried to show the "noise" of the build during a rendering scene, in standard configuration, and overclocked at 4.3GHz. It is registered with a Shure MV88.
I don't know if the distance are clear, though. You can see different parameters, the fans speed tweaked and locked to lower values (max 1100rpm at 100%) thanks to the Noctua adapter. I hope is helpful!

The slight high pitch fan noise is from the GPU fans, just FYI.

(Writing the build log... Maybe I will do another one in daylight? BTW, I will measure the DB as well with my Shure MV88 mic and the iPhone app Decibel X - Its free for 3 days :D)

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
greetings

This is my first post and I'm in love with this case.

How do I order this case and what payment to pay for this case?
--
Best Regards

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I am hoping some people that are more experienced with watercooling can confirm some things for me before I start buying some parts.

A couple of pages back the general consensus was that 11/8mm tubing was the best for the T1. Non PVC tubing was also a requirement, unless you wanted some of the plastic in the tubing to come off eventually. I am looking at this tubing that @fabio linked a few pages back. As long as I use 1/4" fittings I should be good to go with my LT240 pump block and rad, correct? Are there any companies that I should be cautious of when it comes to watercooling parts? Any other things I might need that are easy to forget when building a loop?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I am hoping some people that are more experienced with watercooling can confirm some things for me before I start buying some parts.

A couple of pages back the general consensus was that 11/8mm tubing was the best for the T1. Non PVC tubing was also a requirement, unless you wanted some of the plastic in the tubing to come off eventually. I am looking at this tubing that @fabio linked a few pages back. As long as I use 1/4" fittings I should be good to go with my LT240 pump block and rad, correct? Are there any companies that I should be cautious of when it comes to watercooling parts? Any other things I might need that are easy to forget when building a loop?
In general, for SFF, that the 11/8 are a good size. Mine are a bit thicker, though. The Alphacool HF are 12.7/7.6, so the inner diameter is the same, bu the tube is thicker. This means is a bit less flexible, but help to avoid that the tube have a kink if the curve is too strong.

For your questions: Yes,if you buy fittings with the G1/4 thread, you can use them with your LT240.

At a good price and quality there the Barrow, but in general Bitspower, Koolance, EKWB Classic, Alphacool ,they are all good!
If you will use the same tubes I have, you can only choose the TPV From Alphacool. They're 90 degrees one can seem loose, but I've pushed and stresses so much, and ZERO leak or problem so far!
BUT, for the 8/11mm size, I don't remember if there are many company. I remember Alphacool, Koolance and Bitspower.

About the last one: try to NOT mix metals! You can have copper and brass, and there is no problem, but don't mix the aluminum with them! Think the loop and how to route the tubes in a way that will allow you to service/dismount/fix your computer in an easy way.

And don't forget to think how to fill the loop, and how you could drain it if neede!

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
In general, for SFF, that the 11/8 are a good size. Mine are a bit thicker, though. The Alphacool HF are 12.7/7.6, so the inner diameter is the same, bu the tube is thicker. This means is a bit less flexible, but help to avoid that the tube have a kink if the curve is too strong.

For your questions: Yes,if you buy fittings with the G1/4 thread, you can use them with your LT240.

At a good price and quality there the Barrow, but in general Bitspower, Koolance, EKWB Classic, Alphacool ,they are all good!
If you will use the same tubes I have, you can only choose the TPV From Alphacool. They're 90 degrees one can seem loose, but I've pushed and stresses so much, and ZERO leak or problem so far!
BUT, for the 8/11mm size, I don't remember if there are many company. I remember Alphacool, Koolance and Bitspower.

About the last one: try to NOT mix metals! You can have copper and brass, and there is no problem, but don't mix the aluminum with them! Think the loop and how to route the tubes in a way that will allow you to service/dismount/fix your computer in an easy way.

And don't forget to think how to fill the loop, and how you could drain it if neede!

Thanks for the help as always! I'll make sure to look around some more and see what else I can find. When I get my T1 I will be using the 3 slot configuration and only cooling my CPU. When the new GPUs come out I will sell my card and upgrade to the new 3000 series and get a 2 slot card then. Not sure how I will run my loop tho since I have tall ram. I was thinking of having one run go up and then the other go straight down. Do you think that will work? I plan on using two of the Noctua 120mm slim fans, instead of one normal and slim fan.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for the help as always! I'll make sure to look around some more and see what else I can find. When I get my T1 I will be using the 3 slot configuration and only cooling my CPU. When the new GPUs come out I will sell my card and upgrade to the new 3000 series and get a 2 slot card then. Not sure how I will run my loop tho since I have tall ram. I was thinking of having one run go up and then the other go straight down. Do you think that will work? I plan on using two of the Noctua 120mm slim fans, instead of one normal and slim fan.
Which ram do you have? On the bottom of the ram is almost impossible to have a tube routed. But also on top, how the tube will reach the radiator without passing above the ram?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Which ram do you have? On the bottom of the ram is almost impossible to have a tube routed. But also on top, how the tube will reach the radiator without passing above the ram?

G.skill trident Z. I shouldn't have a problem with a 2 slot card, but I'd consider leaving the side panel off to get the tubing to fit until I get one lol. I have some other ideas, but will wait for more feedback from test shippers. Worst case scenario I switch to LPX memory from Corsair.