Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

darthrex

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2020
I really wish I had known about those screws before I bought the Eisbaer. How could a cooling company put mixed metals in their entirely custom OEM AIO.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'll start with the only negative I have for the whole experience, and that goes to the user manual. The second iteration is much more informative than the first one, but I ended up using a combination of both, plus Ali's build video for anything I had questions on. I think specifying which screws are for what would be greatly beneficial. Including each instruction in an album instead of separate links would be nice as well.

Working on the manual, just been busy with virus sideaffects.

If I had any concerns about anything, it would be the bottom front section of the mesh not having any support to keep it from bowing into the case. This might be a nonissue once I put parts in the case, but I don't see how that will fix what I'm talking about.

Use the white / clear rubber pad, attach it to the T frame, this will support the Side Mesh Panels.

Reactions: Brude27

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I really wish I had known about those screws before I bought the Eisbaer. How could a cooling company put mixed metals in their entirely custom OEM AIO.

The messages after that post determined the issue to be the plasticizer from the old PVC tubing that was used in an early version of the kit. PVC tubing has since been changed to rubber tubing in newer versions of the kit. Your first step is to determine which tubing you have, then change the tubing if necessary. There is no galvanic corrosion issue from mixed metals with this kit to my knowledge.

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
11mm, it should be fine for GPU backplates less than 3mm thick, most are.

Thanks! Now I'm trying to eyeball it from pictures I've found online ?

The actual material the backplate is made of certainly looks thinner than 3mm. But if we include those risers between the PCB and the backplate in the 'thickness', then it looks less certain ?.

Does this thing look like a safe fit? Does anybody have one of these they could measure? ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, the "feeling lucky" build is still on track! And, if you want to know, NO BULGE! (If you see any, is an optical illusion, like in the first page the pictures with the LT240!)

Removing ALL the rubber pad from the noctua fan, you get 1,5mm off, + the 27mm radiator, well, there are only 0,5mm of difference compared to the LT240 Build! :D.

Today is a good day...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Wait for the Distro-Plate, I had the same idea for integrating the DDC into the Distro-Plate.
I will love it! Actually if the front structure was flipped, so the wider space on he GPU side, will have way more space!

For now, I've found a solution with the DC-LT...

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Well, the "feeling lucky" build is still on track! And, if you want to know, NO BULGE! (If you see any, is an optical illusion, like in the first page the pictures with the LT240!)

Removing ALL the rubber pad from the noctua fan, you get 1,5mm off, + the 27mm radiator, well, there are only 0,5mm of difference compared to the LT240 Build! :D.

Today is a good day...

With 27mm there is only space for two 15mm fans, correct? No one 15mm and one 25mm? What is the upside of this specific radiator compared to the LT240 one?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Today is a good day...

Is this config bending the struts?

If you just remove the fan bracket all together, use double sided tape to secure the radiator to the outer panel, you should be able to get a little more space.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Then you loose the 2.5" HDD support.

That's the dilemma.
For me personally that's an acceptable dilemma. I use an NVME with my new build and no SSD. Again, for me it'd be an okay tradeoff if I had to choose between a distroplate/buying an NVME or no distroplate but SSD. But I see the problem for people who don't have the possibility to use a NVME.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
With 27mm there is only space for two 15mm fans, correct? No one 15mm and one 25mm? What is the upside of this specific radiator compared to the LT240 one?
It's still 16 FPI so good for the slim fan. but it has a ticker core, so, maybe, better temps? And you can buy it alone, and it's matching my EKWB Waterblocks! :D

About the fan, yes. Because the mounting brackets for the radiator are not long enough to move 1cm the radiator and clear the space to mount a 25mm fan!

Last edited:

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
It's still 16 FPI so good for the slim fan. but as a ticker core, so, maybe, better temps? And you can buy it alone, and it's matching my EKWB Waterblocks! :D

Which sounds really awesome! Sorry for asking again, but would a 25mm thick fan and a 15mm thick fan be possible in this configuration? Already bought the 25mm thick one :D