Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Also are there any 120's that reach the same temp potential as the LT240 in here that're compatible.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I have not.

There is a Koolance 120mm radiator that's comparable to LT240. First post has it in the comparison.
Ye but I gotta still use the alphacool pump anyway lol, I mean more a complete aio than a 120 rad but I do appreciate that.

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
yes, it's exactly 2 slots, so there will be no issues with thickness for sure, the only issue you can face is about the GPU backplate, but it also depends on the CPU cooler mount, for instance I had to remove my GPU backplate to fit it with LT240 mount, but with noctua secufirm2 it fits with backplate in place

@Wahaha360 How much clearance is there between the motherboard and the GPU? Are backplated GPUs likely to cause problems?

Reactions: Truth

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Late night crazy check! Damn! IF only the Alphaccol DDC 1U didn't have this 2,5ssd mounting point!

But because of those, is a no :(

Bummer! What is the clearance there and the height of the DDC 1U? Is there anywhere else to stuff a dedicated pump?

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Yo is there an actual difference between ek's duraclear and zmt tubing?

Duraclear is see-through tubing, ZMT is matte black and opaque. Disadvantage to going with clear tubing is that it tends to cloud over time and leech plasticizer. I run ZMT in my current loop, but my understanding is the current gold standard for clear tubing is PrimoChill. Can't speak to how the EK option stacks up.

Reactions: Truth

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Answered my own question, it seems like the EK Duraclear can in some cases leech out and so I'm gonna def go with the ZMT tubing. Does anyone know the lengths needed to go from the block to the rad? The only one I see available in 9.5/15.9mm of zmt on oc.co.uk is 1m long, not the generous 3m on amazon. Thanks

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Duraclear is see-through tubing, ZMT is matte black and opaque. Disadvantage to going with clear tubing is that it tends to cloud over time and leech plasticizer. I run ZMT in my current loop, but my understanding is the current gold standard for clear tubing is PrimoChill. Can't speak to how the EK option stacks up.

Primochill clear tubing is what I've used. I've used duraclear in my first loop. Duraclear was good, held up 6 months, but is very very stiff! Primochill is better and more manageable, however, it yellows over time, yuck. This happened twice. Now I'm going going to use the black matte rubber tubing.

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Answered my own question, it seems like the EK Duraclear can in some cases leech out and so I'm gonna def go with the ZMT tubing. Does anyone know the lengths needed to go from the block to the rad? The only one I see available in 9.5/15.9mm of zmt on oc.co.uk is 1m long, not the generous 3m on amazon. Thanks

This case is tiny, so I can't imagine you'll need much. If you're ordering direct from Performance PC's or EK, you can buy ZMT by the foot for pocket change, save the money and skip the retail packaging.

Edit: Reading this back, it isn't the clearest. I meant you should buy it in bulk by the foot, as it's way cheaper than buying it in the retail 3-foot boxed increments. What @DrHudacris said is right, buy more than you think you'll need.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Get more than less. Your loop and runs will be your own, because there are too many factors.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
My goal for the evening is complete! I left some feedback and had a couple of questions for @Wahaha360 in the album.

I'll start with the only negative I have for the whole experience, and that goes to the user manual. The second iteration is much more informative than the first one, but I ended up using a combination of both, plus Ali's build video for anything I had questions on. I think specifying which screws are for what would be greatly beneficial. Including each instruction in an album instead of separate links would be nice as well.

Now for the good stuff! There are many, and I mean MANY satisfying steps to building in this case. To start, I really enjoyed my experience with the flat packaging. It was convenient, easy to organize, and added another step to the PC build process I've never had before that I greatly enjoyed! The CNC work is truly a thing of beauty, and the friction fit sections are satisfying indeed! The mesh is surprisingly heavy, and by that I mean I feel like one side weighs as much as the entire frame put together. It's quite premium! While all of that is good stuff, I have to hand it to the riser strut for taking the win as my favorite part of the case. How one little part can be so integral is what makes it so special. When I realized the motherboard standoffs went on it (I did things way out of order), I got a big dumb smile on my face b/c it's very cleverly done!

If I had any concerns about anything, it would be the bottom front section of the mesh not having any support to keep it from bowing into the case. This might be a nonissue once I put parts in the case, but I don't see how that will fix what I'm talking about.

I initially planned to migrate my system into my T1 tomorrow, but I think I'm going to wait for my power button and just plan my custom sleeving routes instead. Goodnight all! :)