Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Now the complicated bit, fitting the LT240...
(and I still have to figure out how to fix the rad^^)
So curious about your system! You are the first one to put the 240mm rad in it!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Well, we are about to be on lockdown... state of alarm has been called, and the PM will appear in half an hour.
What a time to be alive!

prava said:
The second option looks far far better.
But... any chance you could do it occupying only the smaller section?
Judging by how the frame is designed, I don't think that's possible, that area might be occupied by a radiator.

BTW I also prefer the second one (smaller), I think it looks even better when the case is flipped (radiator on top)

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
I’m actually not that into it ? kinda ruins the minimal aesthetic for me. I would prefer if it was completely internal (as an addition to the original front panel, not a replacement), though I’m not convinced there’s space for that. Honestly, what I would prefer more is a single front panel to replace the two pieces, though I think this was asked about before and is in some far future plans.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I like the look of the first distro plate, but would hate to lose the option for the 2.5” drive. We can maybe mount the drive behind the power supply if we had custom cables though? The second option is also nice. I’d probably go with the second option unless I could find a way to mount that drive with option one.

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Don't care about 2.5" drive but equally don't see the benefit of the distro plate. Then again I've gone to lengths for a stealth, zero RGB build. I do think its very cool to have a modular design like this though, who knows we could see many more options open up!

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
I’m actually not that into it ? kinda ruins the minimal aesthetic for me. I would prefer if it was completely internal (as an addition to the original front panel, not a replacement), though I’m not convinced there’s space for that. Honestly, what I would prefer more is a single front panel to replace the two pieces, though I think this was asked about before and is in some far future plans.

This. It's the raw simplicity that I'm into with this case (along with the thoughtful internal design of course).

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
I just finished:

The LT240 was a pain in the ass to refill and the mouting system is crap even with the noctua securfirm, I reused the coils to avoid kinking at the jonction with the radiator. The pump is audible but I guess it's because everything else is dead silent
Flipping the PSU is clearly the way to go, I can hardly imagine how you have to manage the cable + tube + fan in the same little space

I still have no idea on how to fix the radiator (it just sit on top right now), nor of the purpose of the two small piece with two holes in the package

And also I got trolled by the I/O shield of my motherboard, a metal tab is blocking my DP port, I will fix that when I received the button

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I joined just for this case. Been following developments for a few weeks now. Initially, I ruled this one out, but then I found out about the eisbaer lt240 w/ low profile fan combo and now I'm firmly set on this case. Plans:
  • full water cooled cpu/gpu on stock tune
  • modded side panel on the gpu side with custom engraved glass window in front of the gpu waterblock
  • a combination of hard and soft tubing
  • a few leds for some color
  • normal orientation despite the obvious cooling advantages for flipping the case (I figured this won't be an issue at stock speeds)
  • exploring some ideas for custom finishing the case exterior
Anyhow, I look forward to when orders open up.

0Zx

Reactions: Cronos83

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I just finished:

The LT240 was a pain in the ass to refill and the mouting system is crap even with the noctua securfirm, I reused the coils to avoid kinking at the jonction with the radiator. The pump is audible but I guess it's because everything else is dead silent
Flipping the PSU is clearly the way to go, I can hardly imagine how you have to manage the cable + tube + fan in the same little space

I still have no idea on how to fix the radiator (it just sit on top right now), nor of the purpose of the two small piece with two holes in the package

And also I got trolled by the I/O shield of my motherboard, a metal tab is blocking my DP port, I will fix that when I received the button
Thanks for the info, can you explain why the mounting with the SecuFirm 2 is bad?

Reactions: threestripevida

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
With the fittings installed on the side this block is not gonna be any thinner than others I guess.

I mean... all the blocks I know are just one slot wide.
And with the optional topmount for the alpha cool block this one might gonna fit better than blocks with the fittings being installed at the side.

johannbl

Chassis Packer
Jan 15, 2016
I just finished:

Why did you have to change the tubes and refill the LT240? I thought it was compatible as is?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Why did you have to change the tubes and refill the LT240? I thought it was compatible as is?
Technically it is compatible as is, and you should have little to no problems in 2 slot mode, but for 3-slot mode, replacing the tubes is a must because the quick disconnect fitting gets in the way, and makes it basically impossible to route the tubes in the system.

Also, to add to the shipping things: My package has been "delivered to air transport" (广州市, 已交航空公司运输) for a week now, so idk whats going on lol

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ and pwnedundies

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Thanks for the info, can you explain why the mounting with the SecuFirm 2 is bad?
The eisaber have sliding slot instead of proper hole, also the securfirm screw are a bit short so it's difficult to catch them up
Not compatible with 3 slot mode, the tube are way two long to fit, that's why only 120mm are officially supported
Do you have it set to 2000 rpm?
I hear it above 1000 rpm, but everything is dead silent around so that must be the reason

Reactions: johannbl and PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
The eisaber have sliding slot instead of proper hole, also the securfirm screw are a bit short so it's difficult to catch them up
Not ideal I imagine. But does it feel secure when you finished installing it?

Gr3nd3l

Efficiency Noob
Dec 30, 2019
Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

2) Only Removable Front Lid

Distro plate source: DICE CASES (hopefully he doesn't mind)

---

As @Wahaha360 pointed out, due to its size, the first option is more expensive than the second one. Also, by using a distro-plate you'll probably loose support for 2.5” Drives and Front Lid I/O.

Which of the options above look better overall? Don't forget that transparent acrylic glass looks quite different in real life.

Both look amazing but I would vote for the smaller version.
Losing the HDD support would be worth it..

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017

That would be as hard as to make the outter part of the distro-plate from acetal (solid black) :) Unless I'm wrong and that is not possible, although I believe it should be.

Reactions: PBJ