Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

2) Only Removable Front Lid

Distro plate source: DICE CASES (hopefully he doesn't mind)

---

As @Wahaha360 pointed out, due to its size, the first option is more expensive than the second one. Also, by using a distro-plate you'll probably loose support for 2.5” Drives and Front Lid I/O.

Which of the options above look better overall? Don't forget that transparent acrylic glass looks quite different in real life.

Last edited:

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
As @Wahaha360 pointed out, due to its size, the first option is more expensive than the second one. Also, by using a distro-plate you'll probably loose support for 2.5” Drives and Front Lid I/O.

Which of the option above look better overall? Don't forget that transparent acrylic glass looks quite different in real life.

I would suggest another add on:

For people using itx gpus, would it be possible to append a mount bracket behind the power supply to hold 2.5'' drives vertically?

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
I may need to buy new fittings for the LT240

It was fucking hard to remove them from the radiator and the two parts are like solder together:

(Unless someone as a protip to separate those^^)

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016
Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

---

Which of the options above look better overall? Don't forget that transparent acrylic glass looks quite different in real life.

I prefer the ratio and look on the smaller distro.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I may need to buy new fittings for the LT240

It was fucking hard to remove them from the radiator and the two parts are like solder together:

(Unless someone as a protip to separate those^^)
I've used pliers and a clothe in between. I got just a few scratches!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

---

Smaller distro for sure. Cool logo at the bottom right too! :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

---

I also like the smaller distro. But I think the output in the bottom left will collide with the PSU. Also, convenience aside, having the integrated pump will limit GPU length somewhat. If we're thinking reference length PCB of about 270mm, the pump can only protrude 42mm. Additionally, I don't think flipping the case would be an option as air bubbles would rise up the distro and choke the pump, unless the channels are redesigned maybe. If these issues are kept in mind and the distro design mitigates them, I'd be down. But I also think a pumpless distro/res is also a good idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Mine is also pending inspection for two days now. Guess someone is afraid to touch packages from China. Also hope they will not damage it.

Reactions: PBJ

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
UK shipment has arrived. I ending up paying $10 vat and $15 in handling fee.

Package in good condition, and assembled with minimal fuss. I have started my watercooling loop build but only moved house 2 weeks ago so stuff is still in storage and boxes so will likely have to go with flex not hard tubing.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Good for you man!
*cries because all of Italy is in lockdown* ?

On a side note, who wants to see a distro-plate on the T1?

Well, we are about to be on lockdown... state of alarm has been called, and the PM will appear in half an hour.

Say no more!

T1 Distro Plate Options

1) Entire Front Panel

---

The second option looks far far better.

But... any chance you could do it occupying only the smaller section?

@prava @fabio When you guys get your packages, please let us know if you got them in good condition. Thanks!

Will do since... well... I believe that is the point of the test-shipping, to test how you got your package in time, manner, quality, etc :)

Reactions: PBJ