Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have seen the product.

Afaik, Aluminum Mesh Side Panel, we not using the same factory. Several clone factory reached out to me to get a contract 🤣. However, they cannot do what we need.

So far, there are only a few machines in China that can produce to our spec, and we will likely be using all of them if all goes well. Getting new machines and assembly line that can do so in China will probably take half a year (due to shipping and IC problems). Outside of China, I think the cost of doing Aluminum Mesh Panels will cost more than the case itself, so not practical.

Aluminum Mesh is completely different animal than Steel Mesh. Aluminum has several times the deformity problem compare to Steel when you make high density holes. Anodizing is always a problem, anodizing high density hole is a worse problem on top of an existing problem. The combination tends get you 100% defect batches, it's pretty crazy in the many times we have tried.

Only so much economic capacity on earth and I like all of it.

If their factory manages product better than the ones I'm using, not necessarily a bad things, I can buy out their factory's capacity. I keep an open mind 😉
If you can get me the aluminum side panels and a front panel that way then go get 'em tiger.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Sharing this super nice find from the Meshlicious thread

I've been doing extensive research on which DDC/Pump Reservoir to buy for my SSUPD Meshlicious ITX dual radiator build (this is why I'm limited to more options than a single traditional 280mm build).

I crossed shopped:
  • Bykski CPU/Res/Pump combo - too tall in 4 slot GPU mode.
  • Barrow CPU/Res/Pump combo - too tall in 4 slot GPU mode.
  • Nouvolo Aquanaut CPU/Pump - doesn't have a res.
  • Phanteks R160C - way too long, I have it in my hands and it's going to be really tough fitting into a dual radiator space - too much work creating new mounts in Fusion 360 - pass.
  • IceMan Cooler Meshlicious External Pump - my original choice but prefer I to cram everything into the build if possible.
  • Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res - this was my second choice as it barely fits in theory with all my components in the case.

But as I was about to pull the trigger on the Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res, I stumbled across this new product that IceMan Cooler quietly released a couple days ago. It seems to be a tiny pump/reservoir for DDC compatible pumps, it's super thin and should be able to fit into my Meshlicious more nicely. That being said, looking at the diagram it seems like the mounting plate is actually the backplate so I'm assuming it cannot be removed (if you look into the hole of the DDC mount, you can see the nickel back plating).

Anyways, I thought I'd share this new discovery with this thread as I'm been stressing out on SFF/ITX pump/res components lol.

I guess this is mostly for the people who are here long enough to remember the trial and tribulation of using the leak-prone Alphacool 1U DDC res but more option to fit DDC pump in the GPU chamber is always welcomed!

Official product page - weirdly with less information than the Aliexpress listing
2nd Aliexpress listing - Fan Mod store

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
I tried the PCIE 4.0 ADT riser on AliExpress posted here a few pages ago. Had to sand down ~1mm off each side to get it to fit, but ultimately couldn't get it running @ 4.0 (tried a combination of AUTO/GEN4 in my X570-I BIOS). Would freeze Windows bootup if enabled, and tried a DDU in safe mode -- this led to Windows booting normally, however, would get a "force driver install" message every ~10 seconds with black screen flashing. The 'fix' was to set it to 3.0, pointless. $45 in the bin, oh well! Might try the Linkup 23cm single reverse unit now.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I tried the PCIE 4.0 ADT riser on AliExpress posted here a few pages ago. Had to sand down ~1mm off each side to get it to fit, but ultimately couldn't get it running @ 4.0 (tried a combination of AUTO/GEN4 in my X570-I BIOS). Would freeze Windows bootup if enabled, and tried a DDU in safe mode -- this led to Windows booting normally, however, would get a "force driver install" message every ~10 seconds with black screen flashing. The 'fix' was to set it to 3.0, pointless. $45 in the bin, oh well! Might try the Linkup 23cm single reverse unit now.

I assume you are running ROG X570-I, what is your BIOS version? Which CPU?

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
I assume you are running ROG X570-I, what is your BIOS version? Which CPU?
Assumption is correct! Running a 5600X with the BIOS version of 4002 (2021/06/19).

And FYI, GPU-Z was showing it as running at "PCIe x16 4.0 @ x8 1.1" from memory. Didn't need the app to tell me that something was wrong given the screen was flashing black every ~10s 😂. That was without the nvidia driver NOT installed after a DDU, and windows bleating at me "Force driver install". Once you install the driver screen goes permanently black, then requires hard boot. Windows just hangs on boot (spinning circle logo thing). Gotta set it to 3.0 in the bios for a good time!

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Weird.
I'm using that exact same riser without any issues whatsoever in pcie4.0 mode.

Asus x570-I with 5900x bios 3801

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hahah, I've downloaded the bios and was thinking about it but I'll wait until I'm sure this won't screw my pc. I have 3801 if you want, it's not available on the site anymore.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
Hahah, I've downloaded the bios and was thinking about it but I'll wait until I'm sure this won't screw my pc. I have 3801 if you want, it's not available on the site anymore.
Nah I’m good but thank you 😎. Every time I’ve done a BIOS update on this board I’ve filled my pantaloons, so weird how some b550s have flashback. The one before this current one was stuck on a black screen for 30+ mins on a recent flash, thought I bricked it. Thought it might have been because I was using a 3.0 riser perhaps, and had to hard reboot - longest 30 seconds of my life. Latest one was a quick flash (2 mins), rebooted fine no issues.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-07-07: T1V1.1 Black with Silver Mesh Side Panel, Titanium with Silver Mesh Side Panel will open for orders on 2021-07-09 8AM Pacific Time (PT)!​

Supply is still limited, so we will not be sending out reminder emails - just going to upset a bunch of people who can't buy in time.

Multiple orders not allowed! One per customer! We will check shipping address, violator's orders will be cancelled.

Last edited:

2drcDhLb

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2021
Anyone using compact WiFi and Bluetooth antennas with the case?

While WiFi is fine, I frequently use an Xbox controller and have found that since switching to the T1, maintaining a reliable connection from even a metre or so away has been impossible (I’ve had no problem with this with other cases in the past). At this point I’ve tried multiple shorter/longer antennas that attach directly to the SMA connector. I even got an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and that made no difference too.

It seems like the case’s body blocks the necessary frequencies - only solution I’ve found is to use the big, ugly, wired antenna that comes with the motherboard and place it away from the case.

Has anyone had similar issues and figured out a solution or workaround to this?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

While WiFi is fine, I frequently use an Xbox controller and have found that since switching to the T1, maintaining a reliable connection from even a metre or so away has been impossible (I’ve had no problem with this with other cases in the past). At this point I’ve tried multiple shorter/longer antennas that attach directly to the SMA connector. I even got an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and that made no difference too.

It seems like the case’s body blocks the necessary frequencies - only solution I’ve found is to use the big, ugly, wired antenna that comes with the motherboard and place it away from the case.

You're right, the case does affect signal quality.
I can't put my G903 dongle at the back of the case and have good signal, because the case blocks it. I think it's mainly the steel mesh panels and all the aluminum around the case as well.
Only workaround is to get an antenna that goes around the case and isn't behind it, so low profile ones like what you are mentioning won't work.

sohryudani

Case Bender
New User
Aug 21, 2020

2021-07-07: T1V1.1 Black with Silver Mesh Side Panel, Titanium with Silver Mesh Side Panel will open for orders on 2021-07-09 8AM PST!​

Supply is still limited, so we will not be sending out reminder emails - just going to upset a bunch of people who can't buy in time.

Multiple orders not allowed! One per customer! We will check shipping address, violator's orders will be cancelled.
Bit new to the T1 case, is the silver mesh panel the one close in color to the black chassis, or the one closer to the white chassis?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Bit new to the T1 case, is the silver mesh panel the one close in color to the black chassis, or the one closer to the white chassis?
The silver mesh panels have never actually been sold before I don't think. The closest thing I can think of are the grey panels with the e-white color that was discontinued.

Silver mesh panels will probably look close to what the silver version of the case will look like I would imagine, but the mesh side panels aren't anodized like the rest of the case (I think they are painted), so it will look slightly different. But they will be a lot closer to white than black I can reliably assume.

sohryudani

Case Bender
New User
Aug 21, 2020
The silver mesh panels have never actually been sold before I don't think. The closest thing I can think of are the grey panels with the e-white color that was discontinued.

Silver mesh panels will probably look close to what the silver version of the case will look like I would imagine, but the mesh side panels aren't anodized like the rest of the case (I think they are painted), so it will look slightly different. But they will be a lot closer to white than black I can reliably assume.
Gotcha! I hope some pictures of them come out before the buy date.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019

I found that just pulling the back of the case ~six inches away from the wall really helped reduce the BT interference problem. I had the T1 stuffed in a corner and could barely get reception beyond line of sight using these antennas, but then pulled it off the wall and now I can still maintain connectivity through 3+ walls while moving around.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

I use Taoglas GW.05 and have good connection with the Xbox controller.

Small disclaimer; I had a akko 3061 keyboard which did not reliably hold a connection.
Probably more to do about the keyboard though which I've since sold

Last edited: