Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
It should not be a power problem, the psu is more than capable of supplying more than 800W continuous.
It's probably a heat problem in the case, and could be solved by undervolting the gpu most likely.
But could also be the bios settings for the 5900x.
I've had problems with this cpu crashing while idling
If you have HWinfo64 you could add a screendump of it under load.
I was wondering if you have before and after temps of the repad? For the gpu and the memory of the gpu?

Last edited:

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
So my computer keeps crashing when playing demanding games with an 5900X + 3090 RTX FE. H100i Pro xt for cpu cooling, and single nvme drive. Would the m.2 drive be the cause of the issue or is the corsair sfx 750 not providing enough peak power?

nothing else seems to be overheating as i’ve redone the thermal pads and paste on the 3090 to make sure.

cpu 5900x
Gpu 3090FE
32gb corsair dominator ram @ 3200cl14
2TB samsung pro 980
Asrock x570 itx mobo
Corsair sfx 750

its currently on the openbenchtable as i’m waiting for the formd t1 case.

i thought it would be better to ask before i purchase the cooler master 850W to check.

Thanks in advance
I agree it’s most likely not a problem with your PSU. I’m running a 5900X, 3080 FE and two NVMe drives on a Corsair Platinum SF600 PSU without any issues and no undervolts.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I agree it’s most likely not a problem with your PSU. I’m running a 5900X, 3080 FE and two NVMe drives on a Corsair Platinum SF600 PSU without any issues and no undervolts.
Just a fyi optimum tech did a great tutorial how to undervolt the cpu and by doing so gain free performance of the chip.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Just a fyi optimum tech did a great tutorial how to undervolt the cpu and by doing so gain free performance of the chip.
I do know how to undervolt. It’s just that my GPU doesn’t seem to like it. Even the slightest undervolt makes it crash.

Reactions: PKAWA

jpark113

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
oh, i followed the OT video and did the undervolt curve for -15, also it's just the SSD that's overheating and it's not even in a case right now... Do i need to check the bios of the GPU somehow? thanks again for the tips

when the computer crashes, it shows a BSOD and says it ran into an issue and has to restart.

also it seems to crash with even 90% power or 87% power
would it be an issue with the motherboard or something else? i did take off the motherboard fan because it was so noisy.

Last edited:

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
oh, i followed the OT video and did the undervolt curve for -15, also it's just the SSD that's overheating and it's not even in a case right now... Do i need to check the bios of the GPU somehow? thanks again for the tips

when the computer crashes, it shows a BSOD and says it ran into an issue and has to restart.

also it seems to crash with even 90% power or 87% power
would it be an issue with the motherboard or something else? i did take off the motherboard fan because it was so noisy.
What happens when you don’t undervolt? System remains stable? It could be the undervolt is too aggressive for one or more CPU cores.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
At -15 that should not be a problem.
I have it stable at -30.
What are the temps of the ssd, and what cooling solution do you have for it? Is it in the front or the back of the motherboard?
How are your idle temps, is the cpu block installed correctly?
What are the memory temps of the gpu, is the repad done right or is it possible you forgot some plastic protection on the pads?
A screendump of HWinfo would really help with all this.
Temps of the chipset?

Last edited:

jpark113

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
What happens when you don’t undervolt? System remains stable? It could be the undervolt is too aggressive for one or more CPU cores.
it runs fine at -15 at most games. its just the really demanding games where it seems to run into an error. Is there any guides to get a screendump from HWinfo?

the drive temperature is 64 and drive temperature 2 is 91 at the moment.
couldthe samsung 980 pro be faulty?

I've done multiple PC builds, but this is the first time i've run into this BSOD where it isn't solved by reinstalling windows or some sort of contact issue.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I'd cool the chipset with the fan on the mobo and see what temps you get and if it remains to bsod.
Then add a fan to the ssd because samsung pci4 run really hot and check if the problem remains.
If the memory of the gpu is not over 100c load it should be fine. Otherwise, redo the pads.

This is a screendump of my system in idle to compare
I have a 5900x with -30 and 3080ti so almost the same thing.

Last edited:

jpark113

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
I'd cool the chipset with the fan on the mobo and see what temps you get and if it remains to bsod.
Then add a fan to the ssd because samsung pci4 run really hot and check if the problem remains.
If the memory of the gpu is not over 100c load it should be fine. Otherwise, redo the pads.
regarding the gpu, it seems to run under 100c most of the time, and only hits 102c when i stress it really hard. plus it worked fine in a different desktop that i had and sold for parts so i don't think it could be the gpu, though it has been collecting dust as i've been using the build without a case for a few months now.

This is a screendump of my system in idle to compare
I have a 5900x with -30 and 3080ti so almost the same thing.

I think i threw the fan away lol... I'll try and see if i can test it with a different m.2 and see if it works then.

thank you guys for the help!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
nothing but the ssd drive temps seem out of the ordinary. So I'd set the bios back to stock as suggested by MaZo and personally I'd add a fan or something to the ssd.

Reactions: jpark113

ivad24

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 2, 2021
Anyone here got an email from FormD? I got one 10 hours after the 6/23 drop. It says T1 still in my cart and asking me to complete purchase but I'm not sure if it's just an automated email, not sure if there are stocks left. Don't want to risk it, might not get a refund. Thanks.

jpark113

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
nothing but the ssd drive temps seem out of the ordinary. So I'd set the bios back to stock as suggested by MaZo and personally I'd add a fan or something to the ssd.
Ah okay will check and see if its still overheating really badly in the formd t1, then probably grab a fan or an extender for it.

Thanks so much for the help!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Anyone here got an email from FormD? I got one 10 hours after the 6/23 drop. It says T1 still in my cart and asking me to complete purchase but I'm not sure if it's just an automated email, not sure if there are stocks left. Don't want to risk it, might not get a refund. Thanks.
AFAIK it's a Shopify feature, work well when things are always in stock to bring back some % of users to finish the checkout process. in this case though, it's completely illogical but still, working as intended

Reactions: DrHudacris

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Most likely Black first, Titanium next and White next.
There's a plan for White on the v1.5? I know mid-August is the target for the v1.5 (presumably in black), is there a target date for the white? And is it confirmed you guys will be doing a white?

I was one of the August 2020 orders in White that ended up cancelled and I've been waiting for v1.5 since then. Just trying to determine if I should buy black on v1.5 launch or hold out for white still.