Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
For this case using a 240mm radiator and 2 slim fans on top of it, what is better, intake or exhaust ? Provided I can cram one 25mm fan on top of the PSU if extra airflow is needed

I will go 2 under and 2 on top of the case :)
like I did on my dan a4.

exhaust is the only way to due to physics that we have.

p.s. waiting my custom water loop.
also, this thing is expensive AF !

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
For this case using a 240mm radiator and 2 slim fans on top of it, what is better, intake or exhaust ? Provided I can cram one 25mm fan on top of the PSU if extra airflow is needed
Exhaust. Fabio has done testing and found that exhaust was by far the best for this case.

Reactions: vusun123

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
es require custom cables. You'll need something like these pslate SATA power cables(the spacing on these is a bit too wide as the drives will be right next to each other but I think you can ask pslate to adjust that, or if you're comfortable it's not hard to make your own cables), and low profile SATA data cables. I also used the bracket for stacking two 2.5" drives from the NCASE M1 but double-sided tape will do just fine.

Yes, I am talking with phil about this. He is the one that told me to confirm it can be done. I was thinking of stacking as well, but not sure if there is enough space to stack it in the SATA drive location in the case.

This is how I added two drives. *edited, original imgur post was formatted weird.

Thank you very much for the pictures!.

I have the same cables. :)

But if its not too much, would you be able to share few more pics? I am finding it bit difficult to orient the position. Did you stack both drives behind the psu?

Edit: Or is it to the side of it?

You can stack them using double sided tape, but I think you might need to get some custom, lower profile cables. Might not, but there are some other ways.

If you don't want to use double sided tape, the flip bracket for the PSU allows for another 2.5" drive mounted on the back. You can also tape some SSDs to the motherboard side of the PSU

Thanks for the reply!. :)

Phil suggested using this connector:

But he (and me) was not sure if the usual location of the drive would be able to accommodate two of them? Your other two options: Flip the PSU, and mount and motherboard side : Is it mounted through any bracket or stick to the back or side(gap between the psu and mobo) of the PSU with double sided tape?

In the case, I should go with a cable like this:

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yes, I am talking with phil about this. He is the one that told me to confirm it can be done. I was thinking of stacking as well, but not sure if there is enough space to stack it in the SATA drive location in the case.

But if its not too much, would you be able to share few more pics? I am finding it bit difficult to orient the position. Did you stack both drives behind the psu?

But he (and me) was not sure if the usual location of the drive would be able to accommodate two of them? Your other two options: Flip the PSU, and mount and motherboard side : Is it mounted through any bracket or stick to the back or side(gap between the psu and mobo) of the PSU with double sided tape?

He has one drive at the front of the case and one behind the PSU on the flip bracket. For this to work though, you need to have the case in 2 slot mode and use the extra long standoffs to mount the PSU closer to the side panel to give enough room for the drive.
If you want to go the DIY way, there might also be enough room at the front to stack two drives using tape if you offset the PSU closer to the MB.

If you mount them both at the front of the case, then you should use that Ghost S1 cable he showed you. But, that could be tight.
If you want to mount it on the MB side of the PSU, then you will have to use tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merry Monkey

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
He has one drive at the front of the case and one behind the PSU on the flip bracket. For this to work though, you need to have the case in 2 slot mode and use the extra long standoffs to mount the PSU closer to the side panel to give enough room for the drive.
If you want to go the DIY way, there might also be enough room at the front to stack two drives using tape if you offset the PSU closer to the MB.

If you mount them both at the front of the case, then you should use that Ghost S1 cable he showed you. But, that could be tight.
If you want to mount it on the MB side of the PSU, then you will have to use tape.

Thanks for the reply.

Tape is not an issue. :)

I will be using the case in 3 slot mode. Plan to add on a second 10G NIC using the back m.2 to PCIe. *fingers crossed*. So I am guessing the behind the PSU mounting will not work for my config. (?)

I think the "safe" and most probable way will be to mount one in the front as the maker intended :), and use the gap between mobo and psu to mount a second drive with double sided tape. Will need to use the second type of cable that phil suggested then. May need to get one of the arms of the cable bit long just to make sure routing is possible.

Would you think this would work out?

I saw this pic just now in reddit ():

Now I get it.

Reactions: PKAWA

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Tape is not an issue. :)

I will be using the case in 3 slot mode. Plan to add on a second 10G NIC using the back m.2 to PCIe. *fingers crossed*. So I am guessing the behind the PSU mounting will not work for my config. (?)

I think the "safe" and most probable way will be to mount one in the front as the maker intended :), and use the gap between mobo and psu to mount a second drive with double sided tape. Will need to use the second type of cable that phil suggested then. May need to get one of the arms of the cable bit long just to make sure routing is possible.

Would you think this would work out?

I saw this pic just now in reddit ():

Now I get it.

Depending on your NIC length, it should be ok. Say, less than 170-180mm there'd still be clear space behind the PSU even in 3 slot mode.

Reactions: M-jeri

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Depending on your NIC length, it should be ok. Say, less than 170-180mm there'd still be clear space behind the PSU even in 3 slot mode.

Thanks for the reply and that info!.

I guess i will wait till next week and see if this works out. Have all the other custom cables except for the SATA anyways. :D

Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate it very much!. ?

NBM722

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2020

I Think you could find this card helpful if you use 3 slot mode with 2 slot gpu so they can go side by side

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Unfortunately one of the metal grills is slightly dented in transport. I saw this today when I fitted them and it was standing in the light.
I would like to have it replaced.

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Here’s some pictures of a 3x NF A12x15 fan setup on a TX240.

I custom cut the included screws that came with the TX240 to ~17mm. They fully go through the radiator threads without touching the fins.

I also cut in half the anti-vibration pads that came with the noctua fans and placed them on the radiator to slightly raise it off the brackets so it doesn’t rub against the motherboard. The space between the top of the screws and the top panel is about 1mm. I didn’t want to screw it directly to the panel because the bottom fan wouldn’t be usable since the panel hole and radiator hole don’t align and I also felt that showing the screws at the top would take away from the case’s stealthy look.

The rest of my watercooling parts just shipped, all I need now is for AMD to launch Zen 3/Big Navi and Nvidia to launch Ampere.

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
First build I've seen where the stock LT fittings are used (at least from memory).

I could never source replacement tubing in Australia so I had to splash out on EK fittings and tubing. Killed my new m.2 budget tho.

What tubing did you go with?

**MINE ARRIVED!!!!

(Australia btw)

I went with this tubing from McMaster Carr (it's meant for chemicals apparently)

McMaster Carr Santoprene Tubing

Reactions: x111

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Exhaust. Fabio has done testing and found that exhaust was by far the best for this case.
Thanks for the answer, I’m using the intake route in my Ghost S1 and surprisingly, it is 3 degrees lower despite heating everything below the fan up

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
I actually tried to place an order with them months ago. But they cancelled it once they saw I was from Australia :(

Thanks for link anyway mate.

That's a bummer! I'm lucky that their warehouse is about an hours drive from me so I actually got mine same day.

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Just to back up what @fabio has previously stated, I think the fans on the bottom set-up when loaded ends up pulling in hotter air as the area around the case gets saturated and heats up. This is present even when using bigger feet.

Before a 20 minute looping stress test on time spy the ambient was ~22c with coolant sat at the same temperature idling on desktop.

At the end of the stress test I took the same picture and included a temperate reading of the wooden top the case is sat on. It had increased in temperature by ~2c just from the heat radiating from the case.

I might try adding some exhaust fans to the top and see if they have an impact. I have also ordered a 10mm thicker bykski radiator to see if the 25mm fan under the PSU can make use of it.

Temperatures are sufficient (considering this is the hottest part of the year here int he UK) but any other thoughts?

Reminder of the layout: