Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
For anyone that can understand Mandarin. Not as cinematic as Optimum’s video, but much more informative. There is supposed to be a ‘Part II’ coming, which compares different cooling options, such as top radiator vs. bottom radiator. Credit goes to ‘suming li’ on YouTube and please subscribe if you like his contents. Enjoy!

This video is so great! Shows exactly how to assemble... I don’t actually understand what he’s saying bc I only speak English, but the video is out together very nicely. Thank you!

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Hi, sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere in the thread but I looked in different ways and couldn't find anything about it. I hope you can shed some light on it. I've been a lurker for a long time and I wanted to know two things:​

1) Will the pattern of the aluminum side panels be exclusively the one presented in the renders or has the possibility of having panels with the same pattern as the top panel been discussed?​

2) Has Mr. Wahaha mentioned if he will put a support on the mesh panels for the missing side (the one that connects with the back of the case)? Personally I think that the lack of it affects the symmetry of the case and therefore it's appearance as a whole.​

In advance, thank you very much to anyone who can answer me.​

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is it possible to disassemble the LT240 pump and install it on the DC-LT 40, I'm guessing that's the same 2600 pump?

Also is there any way to cover the pump once it's installed on the DC-LT 40?
Looking at this image it shows that the lower part is exposed. I'm worried about possible noise and vibrations.

Yes, you can do it! But be careful because the soldering on the DC-LT it's pretty bad, so if you move too much the cables can get broken. (It did happen to me).

There is no reason or way to cover the DC-LT with that reservoir. But I never had any noise or vibration with it.

If you are very scared of those, you can just stick on it a soft clothes pad or something similar and sleep better! ;)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi, sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere in the thread but I looked in different ways and couldn't find anything about it. I hope you can shed some light on it. I've been a lurker for a long time and I wanted to know two things:​

1) Will the pattern of the aluminum side panels be exclusively the one presented in the renders or has the possibility of having panels with the same pattern as the top panel been discussed?​

2) Has Mr. Wahaha mentioned if he will put a support on the mesh panels for the missing side (the one that connects with the back of the case)? Personally I think that the lack of it affects the symmetry of the case and therefore it's appearance as a whole.​

1) It will probably be the one in the renders. I think he has looked into the same pattern as the top panel but it doesn't look good.
2) I think I know what you are referring to, but I personally think that it looks better without it. Is this what you're talking about?

Reactions: Kapsi and fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

That options has been dropped for the high cost of manufacturing. All the ones in the 1st post remain valid (for now)

I have no clue about the symmetry issue you are talking about. There are no missing pieces, it is just a design choice. So I am pretty sure it will stay as it is.

My answer in the quote. ;)

Reactions: Kapsi and Navic

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio Do you think I can easily do a setup with CPU (Intel EK Velocity), GPU (EK 1080 TF6), EK 240 Classic, DC-LT Solo, DC-LT 2600, TPV tubing/fittings and 2 of these: Alphacool HF Quick Disconnect TPV , very near the GPU fittings?
My Motherboard of choice will be the Z390i from MSI due to awesome memory OC and strong enough VRM for 8086k @5GHz.
Should I look into low profile RAM, or will a set of Trident Zs be fine with the tubing?
I guess 3 slot GPU mode is required for the quick disconnect to work?
Also, would you say, that custom cables are needed, or are the ones from the SF750 fine?

Thanks again for all the testing you have done so far and will do in the future @fabio !
You are easily one of the most worthwile testers to get the T1 early!
Hey! I was wondering the reason why you need the quick disconnect... To fill and drain the system?
So, in 2 slots mode, you can have the Trident Z, but for sure the Quick disconnect cannot go on the GPU side NEAR the GPU inlet/outlet (they have a diameter of 27mm, and you have MAX 22.something of clearance from the panel and the GPU block - at least for the EKWB block).

BUT, you can have them BELOW the GPU (Above in the flipped orientation). I think is a nice spot to have them.

In the 3 Slots mode you will have no problem for the Quick Disconnect in the GPU side, but the Low profile memories are really suggested! I never tried with the Trident Z, but I think the tubes will not fit for 2/4mm.

What about to have the quick disconnect placed under the PSU? touching the front panel?
If you route the GPU inlet tube like me and Optimum tech did, with a generous curve, you will have enough tubing to push it out on the CPU side when you have to service the system.

Last edited:

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
1) It will probably be the one in the renders. I think he has looked into the same pattern as the top panel but it doesn't look good.
2) I think I know what you are referring to, but I personally think that it looks better without it. Is this what you're talking about?
First of all thanks for your answer.

And yes, that's what I was talking about. I mean the case is pretty much perfect. I love how it looks it's just that I'm a little too obsessed with symmetry, but that's not going to stop me from buying it :^)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
First of all thanks for your answer.

And yes, that's what I was talking about. I mean the case is pretty much perfect. I love how it looks it's just that I'm a little too obsessed with symmetry, but that's not going to stop me from buying it :^)
I know, but it will be never symmetric anyway, the back and the front will be obviously different, and the 2/3 1/3 division in the front has already broken any symmetry :D

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
My answer in the quote. ;)
Thanks for your answer Fabio, I'm a big fan of your build. On the other hand, that's a shame I think by the time the case is highly available I could afford it. ?​

Also, I understand that it probably was a design choice, I was just asking about a personal preference because I was previously thinking about buying a Ghost S1 for it's design consistency.​

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
I know, but it will be never symmetric anyway, the back and the front will be obviously different, and the 2/3 1/3 division in the front has already broken any symmetry :D
I hadn't thought of it that way. You're absolutely right. ?

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Hey! I was wondering the reason why you need the quick disconnect... To fill and drain the system?
So, in 2 slots mode, you can have the Trident Z, but for sure the Quick disconnect cannot go on the GPU side NEAR the GPU inlet/outlet (they have a diameter of 27mm, and you have MAX 22.something of clearance from the panel and the GPU block - at least for the EKWB block).

BUT, you can have them BELOW the GPU (Above in the flipped orientation). I think is a nice spot to have them.

In the 3 Slots mode you will have no problem for the Quick Disconnect in the GPU side, but the Low profile memories are really suggested! I never tried with the Trident Z, but I think the tubes will not fit for 2/4mm.

What about to have the quick disconnect placed under the PSU? touching the front panel?
If you route the GPU inlet tube like me and Optimum tech did, with a generous curve, you will have enough tubing to push it out on the CPU side when you have to service the system.

That answer was exactly the reason, why I asked you directly!
Yes, I want that disconnect for easy service, as TPV tuping just screams "service friendly".

Well the disconnects touching the front panel might be just the way to go, BUT where do I put the DC-LT then? Did I miss something?
Of course 2 slot mode is prefered, as the TPV fittings just allow for it and I can keep my B-DIEs.

Oh and I will do top radiator!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That answer was exactly the reason, why I asked you directly!
Yes, I want that disconnect for easy service, as TPV tuping just screams "service friendly".

Well the disconnects touching the front panel might be just the way to go, BUT where do I put the DC-LT then? Did I miss something?
Of course 2 slot mode is prefered, as the TPV fittings just allow for it and I can keep my B-DIEs.

Oh and I will do top radiator!
Hold on, you said where using the DC-LT solo. I guess I understood the Eisbaer LT solo, my mistake. Well, then, in 2 slots mode, I suggest the quick disconnect here!
IMG-2265-2.jpg

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Hey,
i'm not very familiar with reddit, so please excuse my stupid question, really don't want to spam:

At the moment i'm not able to join the subreddit.
Do i need an invitation or reddit account or is it still under construction and people can join later?

Thank you in advance,

osi1

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020

Can I use two pumps at the same time in my T1 system? I'm afraid there will simply not be enough pressure on one pump for a long time.
Thanks.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Can I use two pumps at the same time in my T1 system? I'm afraid there will simply not be enough pressure on one pump for a long time.
Thanks.
Yep!

Reactions: DrHudacris

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Hmm this explains the noise in my GPX Pro Solo..it's pretty quiet but not as quiet as I'd hoped. But it's hard to find ultra noise version of DCLT in stock. Has anyone found a good source for them? Of course, I think I'll go DDC route.

You can try to look for an alphacool distributor in your area, the pump is just 23 euros in europe, so dirt cheap. I don´t know where you live but you can buy alphacool stuff trough aquatuning.

Is it possible to disassemble the LT240 pump and install it on the DC-LT 40, I'm guessing that's the same 2600 pump?

Also is there any way to cover the pump once it's installed on the DC-LT 40?
Looking at this image it shows that the lower part is exposed. I'm worried about possible noise and vibrations.

I agree with all that fabio told you, I attach some pics because you can find them usefull. This were done the time I changed the pumo on my eisbaer solo form the 2600 to the 3600 model.

And here the small external diferences that you can find on both pumps

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in temps from using bigger feet / lifting the case off the desk more than the supplied feet?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in temps from using bigger feet / lifting the case off the desk more than the supplied feet?
Not really, it’s just the same! But I’ve moved from the 6mm included to 10mm, so not a big change ;)

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Not really, it’s just the same! But I’ve moved from the 6mm included to 10mm, so not a big change ;)

Are you using a bottom mounted rad (I've lost track of your current config)? That's how mine is currently set-up.

I think the increased distance between desk and intake mesh is improving my temps by a noticeable amount.