Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

johannbl

Chassis Packer
Jan 15, 2016
@johannbl have you received any shipping updates?
I got my first update in a while today actually! I wonder how many we are left still waiting for the case. I should have mine next week.

My last update until now dates from when the package left China on march 7th.
Canadian customs in Mississauga ON got the package and released it shortly after on march 26th. If we weren't friday today I would assume I would get it in the next 1-2 days but yeah... so we'll see how things goes considering the virus but I should get it soon.

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
I got my first update in a while today actually! I wonder how many we are left still waiting for the case. I should have mine next week.

My last update until now dates from when the package left China on march 7th.
Canadian customs in Mississauga ON got the package and released it shortly after on march 26th. If we weren't friday today I would assume I would get it in the next 1-2 days but yeah... so we'll see how things goes considering the virus but I should get it soon.

I'm excited for you! Please keep us posted.

Reactions: DrHudacris

aterra

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 9, 2020
Graphic cards support: 312mm long, 2 or 3 Slot GPU (39.2 or 59.2mm from Side Panel to GPU PCB, including 1.6mm GPU PCB)

So what is the point of a 2-slot card if the vast majority of GPUs are wider than 39.2 mm anyway? Almost only ITX-cards will qualify, and you won't even be able to make use of the length this case has to offer then.

Oof, good thing you pointed this out. Here I was just going off manufacturer’s specs of 2-slot. Seems to be a lot of variance between manufacturers and what is considered 2-slot. I was planning on air cooling with the L12S, but looks like I need to change GPU or cooler. Bummer!

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Does anyone have a clue to what retail will be on this case?

Retail? As in being able to buy it from Amazon?

Added 4mm magnet holes to the sides of the case frame, to better hold mesh panels in place. Magnets cannot be included due to air shipping limitations.

Couple of questions about this:

1) Does 4mm mean 4mm in height or in diameter?
2) Is installing these magnets as easy as click-and-go?
3) Without magnets, do the mesh panels stay in place well or are they prone to fall out?

Really excited to see this case in action!

The panels do not fall out, the fall in ? ? ?

Reactions: DrHudacris

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
Awesome to see an update on first post! That news is great and needed for all to bring some positivity into the world considering all the news!

As to magnets, any suggestions and links to suppliers on what to use?

Reactions: gteixeira

gax1985

Efficiency Noob
New User
Mar 21, 2020
I doubt it, but when I get my case I'm going to test a Corsair H60, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT (maybe), and an NZXT Kraken X52 (still need to get slim fans)

We've seen examples of 240mm rads that are 27mm think fitting in this case with 15mm fans, that's why I want to test the H100i, because it's supposed to be a 27mm think rad, but I don't have one right now. I might get it when I get the case, but not sure ATM.

Edit: also there's a reason you probably wouldn't want to use a kraken in here, and that's because the pump is taller than the 50mm height limit in 3 slot mode. My thinking is if you're going all out with CPU cooling, having a 3 slot GPU should be the best thing for the GPU in terms of cooling without going full custom loop. Using a kraken forces you to use a 2 shot GPU, I don't think that's worth it. If 27mm thick Corsair AIOs will fit, they have shorter pumps that are under that 50mm height clearance, so they should be the go to for most people. Still have to test this though

if I was to do this with the 3-slot GPU mode, and since the pump extends 2.9 mm, it would mean the side panels won’t close right? How tough is the mesh on the side panels? I imagine it would bulge out a little if the side panel was indeed closed?

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
case looks good! cant wait to get my hands on one! I too will be moving from Cerberus to this with 2 2080tis! Wish you did a test shipping to Seattle.

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
A few questions came up while building that might have been asked before..

- The GPU riser cable seems very stiff, is it safe to bend it at a 180 degree angle? It seems to be working as is, but it takes a lot of effort to put the top/bottom case cover on as it doesn't want to compress at all.
-I've installed the LT240 but temps are not great at all. I'm assuming its either poor contact or some remaining air in the system. I used the noctua secure mount from my C14S but even with the AM4 washers, the LT240 screws seem to run out of thread. Anyone else had this issue?
-Running the GPU power cables behind the card pushes the card forward, which is likely not good for the riser/card. Has anyone had a clever idea for this? Maybe need to use flat instead of braided cable..
-I'm stuggling to set a static pump speed on my Strix B450, I know the pump is DC only, but I can only have control by plugging it in to the chassis or cpu fan header, the aio header is 100% pwr only.

I hope some of that makes sense :)

Other observations:
- Case quality is very good
- Alphacool finishing leaves a lot to be desired, the paint comes off the fittings very easily.
- Cable management in this thing requires fitting and removing parts over and over again, but very satisfying to finally get it right, just be prepared that this is not a quick process.
- I'm both excited and terrified to have to re-do the loop to add GPU cooling down the line!

Work in progress:

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

- The GPU riser cable seems very stiff, is it safe to bend it at a 180 degree angle? It seems to be working as is, but it takes a lot of effort to put the top/bottom case cover on as it doesn't want to compress at all.
-I've installed the LT240 but temps are not great at all. I'm assuming its either poor contact or some remaining air in the system. I used the noctua secure mount from my C14S but even with the AM4 washers, the LT240 screws seem to run out of thread. Anyone else had this issue?
-Running the GPU power cables behind the card pushes the card forward, which is likely not good for the riser/card. Has anyone had a clever idea for this? Maybe need to use flat instead of braided cable..
-I'm stuggling to set a static pump speed on my Strix B450, I know the pump is DC only, but I can only have control by plugging it in to the chassis or cpu fan header, the aio header is 100% pwr only.

Other observations:
- Alphacool finishing leaves a lot to be desired, the paint comes off the fittings very easily.
- Cable management in this thing requires fitting and removing parts over and over again, but very satisfying to finally get it right, just be prepared that this is not a quick process.
- I'm both excited and terrified to have to re-do the loop to add GPU cooling down the line!

Work in progress:
Finally!! So happy man! Following quick replies:

Don't worry! As you can see from all the others build, it has to be bent. Try to flatten it as much as you can with your fingers before to put the top/bottom panel.

Don't know why you have used the Noctua stuff. for the AM4, just follow the Eisbaer Manual! Stock AMD backplate, that's it.

Did you try yo have part of them behind the front panel? Between the panel and the PSU there is a bit of space. Or maybe just on the side of the GPU? But we need a picture to evaluate!

Connect the pump to the CPU header. The AIO doesn't allow to change manual value if a pump is connected. After, just say that you want to have the pump regulated from the CPU temp or whatever, select the DC voltage option, manual setup, and starting from the bottom just put for every interval the static percentage speed you want.

-

Other observations:
I think is normal; has happened to me for the Bitspower, Barrow, and Koolance fittings as well!

Don't worry man! The second time is easier!

Good luck for your weekend build!

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au

Other observations:

Work in progress:
You can control the pump speed. Minimum is 70%. Its not in the q fan settings in the bios. Its in the OC health. You can put the aio pump header into dc mode there

Have a look. I'll post a photo later if you struggle to find it. Just in bed atm.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Mine is an Asus Z390-I (not your B450-I) which has Fan Xpert 4 (within AiSuite 3) and it allows you to adjust speed curve for the AIO pump header (all the way down to 0%). Maybe yours can do it there. Try it, no harm.