Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
@ Australians who are planning on getting an LT240.

Having trouble tracking one down for a reasonable price. Cheapest I've found is direct from Alphacool but it will be over $220AUD.

Another option is to build my own because I can track down a Fractal Kelvin and swap out the rad. But I would need to use a different radiator than the LT240. Which I do not want todo. Rather stick with the OP's recommendation.

HMU in my DMs or here if you have found a good way to get them.
Not Australian, but you might try grooves.land since they say they do worldwide shipping. I ordered one from there and chose the free shipping option, and it arrived three days later (Germany to USA) via DHL express. Price would be ~195 kangaroo bucks, but iirc there is either a $5 coupon, or 5-10% off coupon for first time buyers, so you can bring the price down some if you do some digging.

Reactions: saberworks and SSJ4

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Not Australian, but you might try grooves.land since they say they do worldwide shipping. I ordered one from there and chose the free shipping option, and it arrived three days later (Germany to USA) via DHL express. Price would be ~195 kangaroo bucks, but iirc there is either a $5 coupon, or 5-10% off coupon for first time buyers, so you can bring the price down some if you do some digging.
Thanks for that mate. Price is a little better than from Alphacool itself. I got a PM from another helpful user who found a shop in Melbourne. Must be an business IT supplier because I have never heard of em. Still going to be around the $200AUD mark. Which is quite alot for an AIO.

I have found Fractal Kelvin T12 for $79AUD. Which would get me the pumpblock tubing and fittings. Leaving $120 budget for a radiator. But yeh. As I said. I'd rather keep with what the OP says todo because even product specifications can be deceiving.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah I was lucky enough to buy one of the last ones LT120 that Scorptec had when on sale. The pump block is the same and I have a range of radiators here I could use with it.

I agree though buying direct is terrible. When I was looking initially I only wanted the pump block and it was $50 more than buying the whole aio when they were in stock

Reactions: SSJ4

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Wahaha360 I've seen from the first updated post that in the 240rad config, the PSU is mounted upsidedown! It's just having it rotated 180 degrees or are the brackets mounted in a different location?

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
Thanks for that mate. Price is a little better than from Alphacool itself. I got a PM from another helpful user who found a shop in Melbourne. Must be an business IT supplier because I have never heard of em. Still going to be around the $200AUD mark. Which is quite alot for an AIO.

I have found Fractal Kelvin T12 for $79AUD. Which would get me the pumpblock tubing and fittings. Leaving $120 budget for a radiator. But yeh. As I said. I'd rather keep with what the OP says todo because even product specifications can be deceiving.

Daily 240 rad answer: you literally cant use any other 240 rad. Lt240 or 120mm.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

I don't think that's a correct statement. I believe the requirement is <25mm depth and only 120mm width.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvarg

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I don't think that's a correct statement. I believe the requirement is <25mm depth and only 120mm width.

Yeah we've had this discussion before. For one there is not a feasible way to know of or test all the possible rads that exist. Also, trusting these rads is a crap shoot if they aren't made by a reputable company.

Could you provide a link this product?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

As someone who has installed the industrial version of an AIO which works on a LARGER scale here's a little tip.

You need to take into account the LxWxH when measuring something in a 3d space.

I have asked a couple of times about different rads that could fit and he said that there is LITTLE TO NO BENEFIT to any other rad which does fit to the point where it's well within the margin of error.

You are more than welcome to test this yourself when you have the case of course but until then, 120 mm is the only supported AIO in order not to confuse anyone.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
As someone who has installed the industrial version of an AIO which works on a LARGER scale here's a little tip.

You need to take into account the LxWxH when measuring something in a 3d space.

I have asked a couple of times about different rads that could fit and he said that there is LITTLE TO NO BENEFIT to any other rad which does fit to the point where it's well within the margin of error.

You are more than welcome to test this yourself when you have the case of course but until then, 120 mm is the only supported AIO in order not to confuse anyone.

To be fair, what he posted isn't an AIO radiator, but an open loop radiator. That being said, I believe I've identified the radiator as the Coolworld 240mm radiator. 21 tube radiator. From counting fins on close-up between the center screw holes, it's 13-15 FPI* (hard to tell exactly due to parralax). So I'm gonna pass on this, and stick with the LT240.

*Edit: actually ~12 FPI per @Goatee

Last edited:
Reactions: Goatee

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
To be fair, what he posted isn't an AIO radiator, but an open loop radiator. That being said, I believe I've identified the radiator as the Coolworld 240mm radiator. 21 tube radiator. From counting fins on close-up between the center screw holes, it's 13-15 FPI (hard to tell exactly due to parralax). So I'm gonna pass on this, and stick with the LT240.

I didn't ask about only AIO rads, I asked about rads in general to cover all the bases :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
To be fair, what he posted isn't an AIO radiator, but an open loop radiator. That being said, I believe I've identified the radiator as the Coolworld 240mm radiator. 21 tube radiator. From counting fins on close-up between the center screw holes, it's 13-15 FPI (hard to tell exactly due to parralax). So I'm gonna pass on this, and stick with the LT240.

Yep, really impressive detective work you did there @DrHudacris. Is indeed a CoolWorld ~12fpi radiator and like you have pointed out, not a 240 AIO. Fits based on the two restrictive measurements we are aware of. Incidentally same length as the rad on the LT240.

I now have the 120 and 240mm versions of this Rad. Build quality of both is reasonable (equivalent in my view to the lesser Western European brands), however lots of copper and paint finish is nice.

Performance wise it may be comparable (within margins of error) to the rad on the LT240 but for people who can’t get a LT240 at a reasonable price (for example our Aussie friend @SSJ4) maybe it offers an alternative 240 option.

Should I get the UK shipping sample I can compare, as I have the LT240 too (I may have a problem when it comes to hoarding water cooling parts).

Last edited:

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
one thing i haven't seen mentioned is that if you plan on using a 25mm fan with a 240 rad, there is a limitation on the length of the radiator (or more specifically, the reservoir area's length). because the 25mm fan has to sit adjacent to the motherboard, you're restricted to 312.40mm (assuming supported rad area length is same as gpu area) - 170mm (mobo width) - 120mm (fan) = 22.4mm (with zero buffer room) for the reservoir + whatever spacing there is between res and edge of fan.

i bring this up because the coolworld 240 radiator appears to be 2mm longer than the LT240 radiator, so it might not be able to fit in the T1 with a 25mm fan.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yep, really impressive detective work you did there @DrHudacris. Is indeed a CoolWorld ~12fpi radiator and like you have pointed out, not a 240 AIO. Fits based on the two restrictive measurements we are aware of. Incidentally same length as the rad on the LT240.

I now have the 120 and 240mm versions of this Rad. Build quality of both is reasonable (equivalent in my view to the lesser Western European brands), however lots of copper and paint finish is nice.

Performance wise it may be comparable (within margins of error) to the rad on the LT240 but for people who can’t get a LT240 at a reasonable price (for example our Aussie friend @SSJ4) maybe it offers an alternative 240 option.

Should I get the UK shipping sample I can compare, as I have the LT240 too (I may have a problem when it comes to hoarding water cooling parts).

I would definitely be interested in your direct comparison, particularly the difference in core thickness. Try as I might, cannot find a review that reveals the core thickness of the LT240 radiator.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
one thing i haven't seen mentioned is that if you plan on using a 25mm fan with a 240 rad, there is a limitation on the length of the radiator (or more specifically, the reservoir area's length). because the 25mm fan has to sit adjacent to the motherboard, you're restricted to 312.40mm (assuming supported rad area length is same as gpu area) - 170mm (mobo width) - 120mm (fan) = 22.4mm (with zero buffer room) for the reservoir + whatever spacing there is between res and edge of fan.

i bring this up because the coolworld 240 radiator appears to be 2mm longer than the LT240 radiator, so it might not be able to fit in the T1 with a 25mm fan.

That is a great shout, I haven’t seen that anywhere either. Let me see if I can measure. @notbitcoin

Edit:

I believe the LT240 radiator is 270mm long (LT240 source info) the same as the coolworld 240 (TOP240TG source info).

I don't have my TOP240TG with me (its packed up as I'm moving house) but I dug the TOP120TG version out, which i'm pretty sure has the same end ports / return shapes as its bigger brother.

TOP120TG G1/4 ends (21.5mm):

TOP120TG Return end (9mm):

Based on that (and the fact my noctua is only 119mm wide) it should fit with maybe a mm to spare.

But obviously all conjecture. ?

Last edited:

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Don't appreciate the attitude mate.

Read the posts I have been making the past week. I am fully aware. Which is why I posted asking where Australians are sourcing theirs so I don't run the risk of compatibility issues.

Btw. Literally isn't correct.

The LT240 is the only one that fits however optimum tech made a much bigger radiator "fit". The LT240 radiator hasn't got some secret sauce. It's all just dimensions at the end of the day and when these land there will be people who fit stuff in the OP either didn't test or assumed didn't fit.

I respect that the LT240 is the only perfect fit solution as per the OPs recommendation. It's is my full intention to source one. Just spitballing my options.

Reactions: rfarmer