Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
My open air testbed gathers so much dust, literally counting the days till June when we can pre-order at this point

Gyoza.SFF

Case Bender
New User
Apr 18, 2020
For anyone that can understand Mandarin. Not as cinematic as Optimum’s video, but much more informative. There is supposed to be a ‘Part II’ coming, which compares different cooling options, such as top radiator vs. bottom radiator. Credit goes to ‘suming li’ on YouTube and please subscribe if you like his contents. Enjoy!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
For anyone that can understand Mandarin. Not as cinematic as Optimum’s video, but much more informative. There is supposed to be a ‘Part II’ coming, which compares different cooling options, such as top radiator vs. bottom radiator. Credit goes to ‘suming li’ on YouTube and please subscribe if you like his contents. Enjoy!

If all else fails, google translate

Reactions: fabio and Gyoza.SFF

Manni

Case Bender
New User
Apr 26, 2020
This is looking exquisite, guys!

Been lurking for a long time now and eagerly anticipating this case.

Have you thought about some other color schemes too for this case? I tried searching but couldn't find much if any.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
This is looking exquisite, guys!

Been lurking for a long time now and eagerly anticipating this case.

Have you thought about some other color schemes too for this case? I tried searching but couldn't find much if any.
First page, first post, you can see some other color schemes he is intending to look into. Two-tone is definitely coming, a pure silver might be coming, and a pure white version might be coming.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, which iteration do you plan to keep in the end? Is there a particular one you recommend in terms of space efficiency/practicability/performance?
I can say that for sure I will take the pump and reservoir OUT. Just because I have a dead space in my desk, and make everything easier in the inside.

I will try the new VTX pump this week, but for now the D5 was an amazing surprise to me!! Never had one, and now I know why everyone WITH space goes for it.

In terms of radiator size, for my components, the PE is pretty enough, but it's so nice with the XE 60mm to see how the delta under stress stay at around 8C, and 4C in idle! The PE under stress is only 3 degrees warmer (I am in PULL mode only, I think with a push pull the XE will make the difference for sure!).

I try this week as well the SE 28mm, now that I have all the other component fixed and set up, I can evaluate the real difference in temp.

I will love too keep somehow performance/low noise/all panel on! :D

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The one i am using is the dc-lt 80, https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat.../alphacool-eisstation-80-dc-lt-reservoir.html, I figured for my first loop it would be a little easier to work with a bigger res so I could bleed the air out easier. Plus, I couldn't find the 40 in stock anywhere and I was already 3-4 weeks waiting for parts.

The one fabio is using is the dc-lt 40, https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat.../alphacool-eisstation-40-dc-lt-reservoir.html.

I'm not sure the dc-lt 80 will fit. I'm in a sliger sm580 so I have quite a bit more room to play with than the T1.

To clarify none of these are necessary if you plan to use the LT 240 just more options and it would make filling slightly easier.
If you really want to go on the SMALLER side, THIS is the tiniest option you have, and still giving you a top port to fill the system.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Which pump is better? Noise, cooling efficiency. Thanks
Stay with the 2600rpm.

The 3600 is a really older version that they don't put anymore in any of their product.

It's noisier and the theoretical flow it is just a bit higher than the 2600, but really not considerable!!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hopefully no one else has asked this question, but is there a pcie 4.0 compatible riser that will work with this case?

I know nothing really takes advantage of it, but at least on the gigabyte x570 board if you run a Navi card with a riser you need to set the pcie slot to 3.0 instead of auto to avoid some problems. Having a pcie 4.0 riser cable would avoid that step.
YES! Right now you have 2 option:
This of 30cm length:

And this, 25cm, super tight fit!

Be careful, they have problem/interfer with the slim fan below the motherboard with the lower bracket.
The one included goes out straight. All the others should be bent to go up and reach the motherboard connector.
This means that they block the slim fan if placed against the motherboard.

With them+radiator, you have to have the fans against the top panel.

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
YES! Right now you have 2 option:
This of 30cm length:

And this, 25cm, super tight fit!

I prefer include in T1, rather must buy again in another store, since my customs in very unique.. i"m okay if i must pay more for PCie 4.0 @Wahaha360

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I prefer include in T1, rather must buy again in another store, since my customs in very unique.. i"m okay if i must pay more for PCie 4.0 @Wahaha360

I think everything will change when also NVIDIA will release the PCIe 4.0 GPUs.

Right now there is no point to add it, for an increase cost, and 0 performance gain on the GPU side.

The PCIe4 on ITX is only great to increase the lane bandwidth between the CPU and the other components like the NVME, USB/TB, etc, at least IMO!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

Which pump is better? Noise, cooling efficiency. Thanks

I´ve tried both of them and the 3600 version is noisier (and not a little) even at the same rpm than the 2600 rpm version. The difference is quite noticeable, I would advise not to buy the 3600 version, you would be better trying to fit two 2600 if you can, it will be silent and have enough pressure. Take in mind that alphacool has both cpu and gpu blocks with this pump incorporated, so you can play with all those factors.

Manni

Case Bender
New User
Apr 26, 2020
First page, first post, you can see some other color schemes he is intending to look into. Two-tone is definitely coming, a pure silver might be coming, and a pure white version might be coming.

Well I feel stupid. Thank you!

Pure white would be really neat.

Reactions: Navic

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I´ve tried both of them and the 3600 version is noisier (and not a little) even at the same rpm than the 2600 rpm version. The difference is quite noticeable, I would advise not to buy the 3600 version, you would be better trying to fit two 2600 if you can, it will be silent and have enough pressure. Take in mind that alphacool has both cpu and gpu blocks with this pump incorporated, so you can play with all those factors.

Hmm this explains the noise in my GPX Pro Solo..it's pretty quiet but not as quiet as I'd hoped. But it's hard to find ultra noise version of DCLT in stock. Has anyone found a good source for them? Of course, I think I'll go DDC route.

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
Is it possible to disassemble the LT240 pump and install it on the DC-LT 40, I'm guessing that's the same 2600 pump?

Also is there any way to cover the pump once it's installed on the DC-LT 40?
Looking at this image it shows that the lower part is exposed. I'm worried about possible noise and vibrations.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Hmm this explains the noise in my GPX Pro Solo..it's pretty quiet but not as quiet as I'd hoped. But it's hard to find ultra noise version of DCLT in stock. Has anyone found a good source for them? Of course, I think I'll go DDC route.

Wahaha mentioned getting a list of people together to send to Alphacool to show interest. I think modmymods sells both the res and pump that @fabio suggests. Josh, who is their warehouse manager, was extremely helpful with me to get some fittings ordered from the supplier and opened up orders for me so I could buy them. I can send him an email and let him know of the interest from people so he can try and order more from Alphacool.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@fabio Do you think I can easily do a setup with CPU (Intel EK Velocity), GPU (EK 1080 TF6), EK 240 Classic, DC-LT Solo, DC-LT 2600, TPV tubing/fittings and 2 of these: Alphacool HF Quick Disconnect TPV , very near the GPU fittings?
My Motherboard of choice will be the Z390i from MSI due to awesome memory OC and strong enough VRM for 8086k @5GHz.
Should I look into low profile RAM, or will a set of Trident Zs be fine with the tubing?
I guess 3 slot GPU mode is required for the quick disconnect to work?
Also, would you say, that custom cables are needed, or are the ones from the SF750 fine?

Thanks again for all the testing you have done so far and will do in the future @fabio !
You are easily one of the most worthwile testers to get the T1 early!