Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Those pics are really nice, even the ones that you are asking for help on. If I was asking for help I would have just taken crappy photos with my phone and posted them here but no, you got out your camera and took high quality photos just to ask a question!
Looking forward to your build and the pictures you're (most likely) going to take of it!
Thanks mate I pulled out the macro lens for the first two pics cuz I couldn’t quite nail the focus on my iphone.

Will def post more pics once I have everything.

Guess it's time to launch the photo contest thread on reddit. Since @worldtour broke out the macro and everything

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Those pics are really nice, even the ones that you are asking for help on. If I was asking for help I would have just taken crappy photos with my phone and posted them here but no, you got out your camera and took high quality photos just to ask a question!
Looking forward to your build and the pictures you're (most likely) going to take of it!
Don't say that, your picture is great too + your effort on it..

People trying to show T1 with their gear, love that..
--
Mine? Clearance event today.

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020
Finally got some time last night and earlier today to get through with the assembly process of the T1. This is by no means perfect, and I may have flubbed some directions so feel free to let me know what I had missed or what I can do to improve/add on, and I would gladly update this for future T1 owners. Big thanks to @gwertheim for the feedback and the written instructions that I used as a guideline.

Thanks for lookin' guys, hope this helps someone! :)

T1 Case Assembly

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks all. I think I got it right. Since I can't fully build it yet till the rest of my components come in, it's just on display now.

Man, that looks beautiful!! Great photo

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Finally got some time last night and earlier today to get through with the assembly process of the T1. This is by no means perfect, and I may have flubbed some directions so feel free to let me know what I had missed or what I can do to improve/add on, and I would gladly update this for future T1 owners. Big thanks to @gwertheim for the feedback and the written instructions that I used as a guideline.

T1 Case Assembly
Excellent work!
The only thing I would add is a guide on which screws/standoffs to use for what part.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
or just waiting for the case in general...
Is there a way we can extend this to the end of the year or do a 2nd one? Some of us are waiting for Ampere/Navi to complete our builds.

Scratch that, I will do it later to make it fair and give ppl time.

Since I don't have a case yet or plan on getting one anytime soon, I will be a judge. I will be ruthless when it comes to judging these photos because I know all of you can do better. :)

Last edited:

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020

T1 Case Assembly
Wow! Very high quality work! I love it.
Perhaps I missed it, but should a description of both ways to place the PSU be added? Flipped and standard, I mean.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Ok yeah I see. I think I need to accept everything is going to be tight and not worry too much.

I unscrewed the riser cable a little bit to give me a bit more wiggle room when installing my card. Then once it was in place I screwed it back. My card is actually a little crooked in my case. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue tho.

Reactions: worldtour

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I unscrewed the riser cable a little bit to give me a bit more wiggle room when installing my card. Then once it was in place I screwed it back. My card is actually a little crooked in my case. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue tho.
Yes, mine as well! I think that you can solve it with a 1/2mm spacer between the riser and the case.
It’s a mix of case tolerance, riser, backplate, cables, CPU backplate, ecc ??

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020
Excellent work!
The only thing I would add is a guide on which screws/standoffs to use for what part.

Thanks man! I actually found out that all the screws are the same thread pitch, just different lengths. For the most part you can use whatever screw you see fit, as long as it doesn't protrude out the other end of what you're trying to secure., there isn't a right or wrong screw to use. I can include however pictures of where certain motherboard standoffs to use :)

Wow! Very high quality work! I love it.
Perhaps I missed it, but should a description of both ways to place the PSU be added? Flipped and standard, I mean.

Appreciate it sir!
And I actually did forget to include the flipped psu bracket, I'll try to find a spot to squeeze that in, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: aexeq and PBJ