FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
General question to all, If you were to build again, which combination would you go for?
Eisstation 40 DC-LT with DC-LT 2600
ES 1U DDC with EKWB DDC MX 3.1 PMW (I think this is discontinued now)
ES 1U DDC with Lain DDC 1T Plus
Something else?

My personal vote goes to 1U ES DDC, with Alphacool DDC310 (10 watt DDC). Too powerful DDC may cause the 1U reservoir to leak so newer ones are risky to use. The 310 from Alphacool is just right, and can be wired to run off any fan header on the motherboard.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
My personal vote goes to 1U ES DDC, with Alphacool DDC310 (10 watt DDC). Too powerful DDC may cause the 1U reservoir to leak so newer ones are risky to use. The 310 from Alphacool is just right, and can be wired to run off any fan header on the motherboard.
Yes, I had been looking at the options. It seems like a good choice. I wonder if the nickel cased one will fit and if it is ok to just buy the plastic cased one. I wonder if the nickel cased one offers greater cooling or rigidity to the reservoir seal?

BootyWhizard

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 5, 2020
General question to all, If you were to build again, which combination would you go for?
Something else?
Alphacool LT cpu block is also enough.

Reactions: fabio

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yes, I had been looking at the options. It seems like a good choice. I wonder if the nickel cased one will fit and if it is ok to just buy the plastic cased one. I wonder if the nickel cased one offers greater cooling or rigidity to the reservoir seal?

It won't contribute to the seal because the issue is not enough screws around the perimeter of the unit. It wouldn't fit anyway, there's not enough space so plastic is the way to go.

SpaceCowboy

Cable Smoosher
May 5, 2020
It won't contribute to the seal because the issue is not enough screws around the perimeter of the unit. It wouldn't fit anyway, there's not enough space so plastic is the way to go.

I agree, there won't be enough room. My concern when looking at how tight the space is, are the pump temps; Alphacool rates the DDC310 up to 60° C, is it manageable to keep it under that in such a tight space and without much liquid in the loop?

This'll be my first SFF build and first custom loop, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I agree, there won't be enough room. My concern when looking at how tight the space is, are the pump temps; Alphacool rates the DDC310 up to 60° C, is it manageable to keep it under that in such a tight space and without much liquid in the loop?

This'll be my first SFF build and first custom loop, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right!

The coolant will cool the DDC decently, so your objective is to keep coolant temp under 60C. You can achieve that through a combination of undervolting, bigger/thicker/denser rad (if possible), higher fan speeds, or removing heat generating components from the loop (ie removing GPU or CPU from loop). Do that in the above order until you are satisfied with coolant temp and fan speeds.

Reactions: shopan

SpaceCowboy

Cable Smoosher
May 5, 2020
The coolant will cool the DDC decently, so your objective is to keep coolant temp under 60C. You can achieve that through a combination of undervolting, bigger/thicker/denser rad (if possible), higher fan speeds, or removing heat generating components from the loop (ie removing GPU or CPU from loop). Do that in the above order until you are satisfied with coolant temp and fan speeds.

My tentative plan was an undervolt and an aggressive fan curve for the coolant temperature. Probably wouldn't do much, if anything, but I've considered getting some heat-reflective tape for the back of the pump.

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
My tentative plan was an undervolt and an aggressive fan curve for the coolant temperature. Probably wouldn't do much, if anything, but I've considered getting some heat-reflective tape for the back of the pump.
In addition use the largest tubing you can fit. It will take more energy to heat up the larger volume of coolant.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Slim Scythe still better that Noctua 15mm? What about chromax?
At lower speed IMO they are a bit better sound wise. At high speed the Scythe are louder! The Chromax are completely the SAME as the brown one.

Not enough space for that. The pump is 60mm square, it would cut into the fan and rad space.
I confirm, there is no space for it. Maybe soon we will have new options! OR finally the optional distro plate will be available!

So, in detail for that specific option (That is IF you want exactly my configuration, with THAT Radiator, THAT In-Out, THAT Pump height, the 25mm Fan, etc.):

• On the radiator here is a spacer extender of 8mm+the Aquatuning Inline Sensor. In general you have to get an extender male to female of around 16-20mm to clear the 25mm fan heigth.
  • Then, the 2 offset fittings from Barrow
  • EKWB 20mm extender
  • Alphacool rotatory male-male extender INCLUDED with he DC-LT Eisstationl
BUT, I suggest also to buy a dual 90degrees Rotatory fitting (the S shape one, from EKWB or Barrow or Bitspower, etc) and a rotatory extender from EKWB extra if needed, MALE-MALE.

Hello,
I`m also intrested what Fittings you use in total.
And do you power the pump with the header on the mobo or the power supply?
Best regards
Arne
The general TOTAL fittings are in the First page actually! Plus I've posted more in detail here above. ;)
That pump is connected to a fan header on the MOBO, so I can regulate a bit the voltage! In general I keep it from 70% to 90% of the speed.

Something else?
The BEST in general, it is still the Eisstation DC-LT. Work out of the box, cheap, works decently. Of this I don't like the poor soldering (if you stress the cable too much it will broke) and that is not PMW (I cannot my QUADRO controller, but this is a minor issue).
The Laing DDC 1T Plus from Alphacool is not PMW as well, and for what I've tried is loud, with a high pitch noise sound.
The DDC 1 PMW from EKWB is the more silent tried until now, but yes, it is discontinued.
Regarding the 1U ES Reservoir, I am still scared about what happened to mine, leaking to have used an higher pressure pump.
And also you need to file it, so, not a ready to go solution.
The DC-LT is completely dead silent in that position.

The max coolant temp I've measured under stress was around 48C, so you are safe pump wise! Also, the Fan on top move air in any case, so the pump will be cooled a bit as well.
So, for @SpaceCowboy there is no reason to have an aggressive fan curve (mine is always on "silent" more or less) or any special tape or similar. ;)

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
At lower speed IMO they are a bit better sound wise. At high speed the Scythe are louder! The Chromax are completely the SAME as the brown one.

I confirm, there is no space for it. Maybe soon we will have new options! OR finally the optional distro plate will be available!

So, in detail for that specific option (That is IF you want exactly my configuration, with THAT Radiator, THAT In-Out, THAT Pump height, the 25mm Fan, etc.):

• On the radiator here is a spacer extender of 8mm+the Aquatuning Inline Sensor. In general you have to get an extender male to female of around 16-20mm to clear the 25mm fan heigth.
  • EKWB 20mm extender
BUT, I suggest also to buy a dual 90degrees Rotatory fitting (the S shape one, from EKWB or Barrow or Bitspower, etc) and a rotatory extender from EKWB extra if needed, MALE-MALE.

The general TOTAL fittings are in the First page actually! Plus I've posted more in detail here above. ;)
That pump is connected to a fan header on the MOBO, so I can regulate a bit the voltage! In general I keep it from 70% to 90% of the speed.

The BEST in general, it is still the Eisstation DC-LT. Work out of the box, cheap, works decently. Of this I don't like the poor soldering (if you stress the cable too much it will broke) and that is not PMW (I cannot my QUADRO controller, but this is a minor issue).
The Laing DDC 1T Plus from Alphacool is not PMW as well, and for what I've tried is loud, with a high pitch noise sound.
The DDC 1 PMW from EKWB is the more silent tried until now, but yes, it is discontinued.
Regarding the 1U ES Reservoir, I am still scared about what happened to mine, leaking to have used an higher pressure pump.
And also you need to file it, so, not a ready to go solution.
The DC-LT is completely dead silent in that position.

The max coolant temp I've measured under stress was around 48C, so you are safe pump wise! Also, the Fan on top move air in any case, so the pump will be cooled a bit as well.
So, for @SpaceCowboy there is no reason to have an aggressive fan curve (mine is always on "silent" more or less) or any special tape or similar. ;)
Thanks @fabio for the details!!

If interested I will let everyone know how the temps are with the alphaeon black ridge and the GPU water cooled

-Leo

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020

• EKWB 20mm extender

Thanks so much for the detail, Fabio!

I'm planning on doing a very similar setup.

- Are you suggesting the dual 90degree extender instead of one of those fittings, or in addition to?
- Is the noise difference between fans on top of the radiator and below really that great? Using an XSPC TX240 with 2x15mm fans above vs SE240 WITH 1x15mm and 1x25mm below would be easier because you wouldn't need as many fittings to clear the fans, for example.

Thanks

Last edited:

andika_ei

Chassis Packer
Jun 21, 2020
@fabio do you use any fan controller hub in this build? im looking one im worried because i have some led on the cpu and water block i dont know is there enough plug on the strix 570 mobo

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I saw this the other day and while it's not the beautiful concept of the distro plate for the front of the t1 and it's made by louqe, hence why i'm not posting it in that thread, i think this could be used in some way but i'm not sure if there would be room above the psu. over the fan would most likely be pointless. but maybe with the fans against the case top and this between the rad and the psu. Idk just something to think about

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I saw this the other day and while it's not the beautiful concept of the distro plate for the front of the t1 and it's made by louqe, hence why i'm not posting it in that thread, i think this could be used in some way but i'm not sure if there would be room above the psu. over the fan would most likely be pointless. but maybe with the fans against the case top and this between the rad and the psu. Idk just something to think about

Not gonna lie, that looks really good! Only concern would be bleeding, as air might get trapped in that sharp u-bend at the top right, but nothing a few case inversions can't fix!

I think the side strut in the T1 might get in the way a bit, so the reservoir would need to be further set back from the side panel. But it looks like the pump housing mounts to the 120mm fan rails on the ghost so that's means that too will be shifted and probably won't line up with the 120 fan mounts. Maybe the reservoir part can be used alone without the pump part?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Not gonna lie, that looks really good! Only concern would be bleeding, as air might get trapped in that sharp u-bend at the top right, but nothing a few case inversions can't fix!

I think the side strut in the T1 might get in the way a bit, so the reservoir would need to be further set back from the side panel. But it looks like the pump housing mounts to the 120mm fan rails on the ghost so that's means that too will be shifted and probably won't line up with the 120 fan mounts. Maybe the reservoir part can be used alone without the pump part?
I figured. Maybe once I get my hands on one I'll truly understand the constraints lol. The distro front plate for this case is going to be a game changer for sure.

Reactions: DrHudacris

DJSnotBoogie

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2020
I figured. Maybe once I get my hands on one I'll truly understand the constraints lol. The distro front plate for this case is going to be a game changer for sure.
I really hope there's an option for a matching front panel face and not transparent option shown in the renderings. I don't plan on putting dye in the coolant so there wouldn't be much to show off.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
So I may have run into a problem with my up coming build.

I will be running. LT pumpblock. Ek torque fittings and tubing. Ek classic se rad.

Plan was to run in 3 slot mode so I can have a really beefy air cooler gpu. But that means my clearance is now 50mm my ram is 51mm...

So I either run into not being able to close the side mesh. Or/and not being able to run my tubes.

Rrreeeaaalllllyyy hoping I don't need to buy new ram to make it work. Any insight into tube running in 3 slot mode?